Page 196 of 207 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3103
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    They were talking about this not too long ago on reddit a little over a week ago. Some people seem to found Jean’s situation relatable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelatFox...h_issues_love/

Oh, and Sophie explicitly states that Jean is not meant to be a villain. Still wonder why they call this Dark Phoenix.
    Dark Phoenix is not Evil Phoenix.

She was Phoenix in X2 (not explicitly mentioned on-screen), The Last Stand, Apocalypse.
    The Cosmic Force just enhanced her "Phoenix" power to the nth degree and made it out of control.
    The "Dark" is ALSO a reference to the secrets in her life and her attempt to cope with them.

If Dark Phoenix was two films, it would have suffered the same fate as Hunger Games and Divergent not Twilight, Harry Potter or The Infinity War saga. I think because these new kids on the block cast were ill prepared for the story, most of them terribly miscast with one of the least talented people in Hollywood directing and writing a movie himself for the first time, Dark Phoenix part 1 would have been so bad and would have bombed, the second part may not even have gotten released like the last Divergent movie or if it did get released, it would have decline more in box office like Mockingjay part 2.

How Fox under Kinberg's direction's could carrying on making X-Men movies in the prequel timeline that made no sense anymore with all interest lost because DOFP and Logan gave a proper needed closure is too terrible to grasp. Claremont saying he would have stopped making prequel movies after DOFP is a better lesson to be taken away from this entire low point saga in the xmen film series than how dark phoenix was meant to be 2 films.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-30-2019 at 02:33 PM.

I watched it on digital download today and it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. It was an ok movie, I was entertained. It wasn't faithful to the original story, and goddess I wish there was an actual firebird effect and I wished for the Phoenix costume so much. But I was entertained.

The movie did need to make us care more about Jean and Scott. Sophie wasn't bad, but holy the guy playing Scott was so wooden. They didn't have any chemistry at all and their romance with each other felt very forced. This was disappointing.

I don't know why they were so scared of competing with Captain Marvel that they toned down the cosmic appearance of Jean, just make it look like a bird of fire, it's not that hard to distinguish from Captain Marvel, she is a sunburst effect, Jean/Phoenix is a frigging bird of fire.

Anyway, the movie was better than X3, just not the Phoenix story I was hoping for.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I watched it on digital download today and it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. It was an ok movie, I was entertained. It wasn't faithful to the original story, and goddess I wish there was an actual firebird effect and I wished for the Phoenix costume so much. But I was entertained.

The movie did need to make us care more about Jean and Scott. Sophie wasn't bad, but holy the guy playing Scott was so wooden. They didn't have any chemistry at all and their romance with each other felt very forced. This was disappointing.

I don't know why they were so scared of competing with Captain Marvel that they toned down the cosmic appearance of Jean, just make it look like a bird of fire, it's not that hard to distinguish from Captain Marvel, she is a sunburst effect, Jean/Phoenix is a frigging bird of fire.

Anyway, the movie was better than X3, just not the Phoenix story I was hoping for.
    Thought it came out on digital on the 3rd of next month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    If Dark Phoenix was two films, it would have suffered the same fate as Hunger Games and Divergent not Twilight, Harry Potter or The Infinity War saga. I think because these new kids on the block cast were ill prepared for the story, most of them terribly miscast with one of the least talented people in Hollywood directing and writing a movie himself for the first time, Dark Phoenix part 1 would have been so bad and would have bombed, the second part may not even have gotten released like the last Divergent movie or if it did get released, it would have decline more in box office like Mockingjay part 2.

How Fox under Kinberg's direction's could carrying on making X-Men movies in the prequel timeline that made no sense anymore with all interest lost because DOFP and Logan gave a proper needed closure is too terrible to grasp. Claremont saying he would have stopped making prequel movies after DOFP is a better lesson to be taken away from this entire low point saga in the xmen film series than how dark phoenix was meant to be 2 films.
    I agree with you totally.

The other stuff that happened is Fix was just a mess behind the scenes with Singer being let go from directing the film due to rake accusations. Then they pending merger with Disney screwed brings up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

There was an actual fire bird effect at the end. are: Cyclops, the movie including Magneto and Mystique to the detriment of the development of the other XMen. There was no reason for Magneto to be there. For matter matter Mystique and Magneto shlujd have been left out of XMen Apocalypse.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There was an actual fire bird effect at the end. are: Cyclops, the movie including Magneto and Mystique to the detriment of the development of the other XMen. There was no reason for Magneto to be there. For matter matter Mystique and Magneto shlujd have been left out of XMen Apocalypse.
    Yes both of them should of been done after dofp. Magneto could’ve came back for a small Part in DP and Jennifer for a small cameo

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Magneto and Mystique were used as stand-ins for characters from the original Dark Phoenix saga.

Mystiques was a stand-in for the innocent lives that Jean took in the original.

Magneto and his crew were meant to be stand-ins for the Shi’ar wanting to kill Jean for what she did.

Fantastic Member

Finally watched this. Wasn't terrible but it felt really boring and kinda draggy. The fight scenes were good.

Didn't really get the Phoenix tbh,like it already seemed like she was struggling with her powers(as a kid). And then randomly the phoenix force does it again,but it's confusing in the sense that they don't do a good job of explaining that the force is making her too strong.

Like she just randomly went "lil bad" when the cops or army etc show up.

Also it was really sloppy of xavier to not cover up the incident with the cops. There just feels like there's just too much to explain in one movie.

I don't even understand how the X-men are randomly loved either.

Thought it wasn’t as bad as people are saying. In fact, it was a lot more enjoyable in my opinion than the predictable Marvel movies we get from Disney that are oversaturated with unfunny jokes everywhere. It of course could have been better though. That said, it’s tough to imagine some of these characters being better cast.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Finally watched this. Wasn't terrible but it felt really boring and kinda draggy. The fight scenes were good.

Didn't really get the Phoenix tbh,like it already seemed like she was struggling with her powers(as a kid). And then randomly the phoenix force does it again,but it's confusing in the sense that they don't do a good job of explaining that the force is making her too strong.

Like she just randomly went "lil bad" when the cops or army etc show up.

Also it was really sloppy of xavier to not cover up the incident with the cops. There just feels like there's just too much to explain in one movie.

I don't even understand how the X-men are randomly loved either.
    The force didn’t make her do that. It was her childhood trauma that Xavier repressed that filled her with rage and pain, they say it a few times in the movie. That caused her powers to go out of control, similar to what happened to Xavier in DOFP, that is what he meant by “a psychic’s mind is fragile it takes the slightest tap to send it in the wrong direction). It seems that Kinberg was making parallels between the two.

I was reading an interview from months ago about how they wanted this to be a psychological thriller. Also came across an article talking about how Jean had symptoms of PTSD.

https://parade.com/890941/maggie_par...-that-matters/

It seems that the “force” simply acted as a power-up and not much else.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 08-31-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Unglaublich!

I struggled to watch this movie. Like, really struggled. Easily one of the worst X-films of them all, on a par with Origins.

Nightcrawler - the young, rage-filled killer? Check.

Mystique - the heart and soul of the X-Men? Check.

Storm - all but sparkly wallpaper? Check.

I'm all for a bit of artistic licence but it's like the writers and director had never read an X-comic in their lives! Just complete trash from start to finish, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    on a par with Origins.
    Naw. Remember this scene?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Naw. Remember this scene?

This isn’t me being a contrarian but I actually enjoyed Origins. It and First Class are my favorite X-Men movies.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This isn’t me being a contrarian but I actually enjoyed Origins. It and First Class are my favorite X-Men movies.
    I enjoy the performances of the lead actors but it is a poorly made movie and theme-wise it makes zero sense.