Page 192 of 207 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3103

The soundtrack is reminding me of suicide squad. terrible movie but great make up.

If only this movie was written and directed by a talented person.

I still can't wrap my head around this movie. Kinberg must have been the most powerful person at Fox.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I'm still wondering why they choose such a bad villain for the movie. I'm still listening to that Hans Zimmer soundtrack tho.
    She was seemly written as a motherly figure to Jean according to Kinberg, the temptress of Jean’s hero’s journey. According to Jessica the was a scene where she put Jean to bed and kissed her on the forehead. It seems that they rushed through to get to the train scene as soon as possible since now they were marketing the movie as a summer blockbuster, even though it was never made to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    She was seemly written as a motherly figure to Jean according to Kinberg, the temptress of Jean’s hero’s journey. According to Jessica the was a scene where she put Jean to bed and kissed her on the forehead. It seems that they rushed through to get to the train scene as soon as possible since now they were marketing the movie as a summer blockbuster, even though it was never made to be.
    They clearly didn't developed Jessica's character enough.

Agreed, Gap is amazing.
    Yep. Frameshift, Reckless, and Insertion are my top three.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I agree with you on this one.They are calling it a "historic loss".

This is the link.

https://globalnews.ca/video/5737834/...-historic-flop.
    That article is somewhat misinterpreting info from this article.

https://www.thewrap.com/disney-fox-d...ice-struggles/

As the article points out Dark Phoenix was part of the $170 million loss as a big part of it. But the overall unit lost major money and Disney as Iger points out will be a year or 2 to get the 21st Century films on track with who they place there.

They clearly didn't developed Jessica's character enough.
    Yeah, but I don’t think that was too much of a problem. Logan’s villain weren’t developed much better either.

Yeah, but I don’t think that was too much of a problem. Logan’s villain weren’t developed much better either.
    To me and my friend it was the biggest problem (so not the biggest sample). I guess it wasn't a problem in Logan because no one was really developed (previously) aside from Prof X and Logan while in DP everyone was previously developed aside from Jessica's character and the no names in Mags brotherhood.
    Last edited by Magneto; 08-09-2019 at 12:50 PM.

more conceptual art

I didn’t realize it until now but Dark Phoenix did play with the 90s setting a little tiny bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Endeavour

Interesting article from Variety:
    https://variety.com/2019/film/featur...in-1203300260/

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Disney to Fox: Reality is often disappointing.

Most interesting part, imo.

Disney largely ignored “Dark Phoenix” after it acquired 20th Century in March, according to sources. The marketing team familiar with the film was laid off, and Disney did not spend as aggressively to promote the release. One insider says that the film’s lone premiere in Los Angeles was done with an eye to controlling cost — a bit of economizing that annoyed the film’s creative team.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Yowza. That's a lot to take in, but I maintain that the merger was probably the worst thing that could've happened to this movie for various reasons. I think the studip knowing they were gonna sell caused them to cut down the two-parter to one, I think it caused the Skrulls to be swapped out with the D'Bari, and the marketing implications of the merger are apparent from the article. The fact they Disney said they were gonna reboot prior to DP hitting theatres certainly didn't help, and the perceived quality of the movie was the final nail in the coffin.

I still enjoyed it, mind you*, but it had a lot of things going against it.

Given the article, how long until New Mutants is officially cancelled?

*In my ranking of the X-Films, I'd rank it above First Class, X3 and Origins: Wolverine but below the rest. Middle of the pack X-movie, in my mind.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Most interesting part, imo.
    That certainly didn't help, but, as some have said in prior pages, this really shouldn't have been released in June. February really was an ideal place for it, but Disney had to keep James Cameron happy because they've got that Avatar teet to milk dry (why anyone thinks that movie is worth a sequel/franchise is beyond me).

EDIT: Fox moved it, not Disney, but it was still at James Cameron's request.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 08-14-2019 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Content correction
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    That certainly didn't help, but, as some have said in prior pages, this really shouldn't have been released in June. February really was an ideal place for it, but Disney had to keep James Cameron happy because they've got that Avatar teet to milk dry (why anyone thinks that movie is worth a sequel/franchise is beyond me).
    I liked it well enough, but I do have more sympathy for the Dark Phoenix in terms of getting the short end in the situation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Disney had nothing to do with Alita moving dates, it was done before the merger