Page 48 of 207 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    I like those silver cups.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    lol. Some sippy cups and you all think this is some [novel, aggressive] merchandising push?
    There is more effort being put into Dark Phoenix’s merch than Apocalypse’s though.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-03-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    There is more effect being put into Dark Phoenix’s merch than Apocalypse’s those.
    I think you may want to consider editing this sentence.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Oops.

Btw, according to John Campea there is a Dark Phoenix banner displayed at a Disney presentation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/johncampe...66868563005440

disney fox timeline cinemacon

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    disney fox timeline cinemacon
    Awesome seeing DP there, but who else is shocked to see New Mutants?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Awesome seeing DP there, but who else is shocked to see New Mutants?
    Taking it off would be like a death kiss for future success, I hope New Mutants is good but if it is not you have to pretend that it is good until you release it or dump it that is just the smart business move.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Taking it off would be like a death kiss for future success, I hope New Mutants is good but if it is not you have to pretend that it is good until you release it or dump it that is just the smart business move.
    Forreal?
    for who tho?

Oops.

Btw, according to John Campea there is a Dark Phoenix banner displayed at a Disney presentation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/johncampe...66868563005440
    Glad to see Dark Phoenix featured prominently. It seems like Disney and Fox are going to make a concerted effort with this movie. It's not going to be another Fan4stic where it just gets swept under the rug. It's the final chapter of an era that began in 2000. Lest we forget, that first X-Men movie was where Kevin Feige got his start. I think it's only fitting that Disney and Fox close this era out on a high note. That can only help the brand before they make their way into the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    ???10101010

BANNED

Well, Jean Grey was the only one able to "contain" the Force, because she was already "Phoenix" (a powerful Omega class mutant) --- as established by "Apocalypse" (the movie).

The Force shaped itself like a phoenix/firebird because that was the natural manifestation of Jean Grey's mutant power, as evidenced in "Apocalypse" (the movie).

So basically, this is the very first version of Jean Grey to have become Phoenix in the early stages of her X-Man career, and never "Marvel Girl" (as codename and power).

I guess and bet that, in the original trilogy, Famke's Jean Grey was supposed to have been "Marvel Girl" in the late nineties, long time before the events of X1. And she was not powerful because Xavier suppressed her power, creating the alternate "Phoenix" personality in the process (as explained in "The Last Stand").

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    ???10101010
    I really liked the initial trailer & the idea of a mutant/teen horror film approach. Then the announcement that the film was actually less horror & more suspense & the reshoots to put more horror into it that haven't happened... I'm just hoping it's a good enough movie to close out the Fox X-verse. If what was reported from Cinemacon was correct & it's still scheduled for August 2, they wouldn't have much time to do reshoots & edit cgi effects unless they had a really good sfx team. Maybe if the scenes are small & based on practical stuff.
    I also get the feeling that while we all know Disney will reboot X-everything under their banner, it'll be a while before we see anything mutant related.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    I really liked the initial trailer & the idea of a mutant/teen horror film approach. Then the announcement that the film was actually less horror & more suspense & the reshoots to put more horror into it that haven't happened... I'm just hoping it's a good enough movie to close out the Fox X-verse. If what was reported from Cinemacon was correct & it's still scheduled for August 2, they wouldn't have much time to do reshoots & edit cgi effects unless they had a really good sfx team. Maybe if the scenes are small & based on practical stuff.
    I also get the feeling that while we all know Disney will reboot X-everything under their banner, it'll be a while before we see anything mutant related.
    There was only two years inbetween ASM2 and Civil War (and three inbetween ASM2 and Homecoming)

BANNED

Now I'm wondering why the Force and the aliens did NOT show up in the original two timelines. I think that it came to be that way because the X-Men did NOT travel in space back in Timeline 1 or even Timeline 2, and so Jean never came in contact with the Force. Easy.

So I guess that, without Jean Grey, the Force just moved away from our galaxy and transported itself into another one.

I bet Chastain managed to possess the Force in the very end and the aliens eventually conquered the galaxies, including our one (I guess in the far far future, when the X-Men are dead).

Thank God, Sebastian Shaw traveled back in time decades after "The Last Stand".