Page 121 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3103

I won't say anything about the movie because I didn't watch it… I'm just surprised by all this disappointment. Blockbusters are all about special effects, simple plot… When I see a blockbuster and enjoy it… I'm surprised and delighted.
    Why did they use the Dark Phoenix saga and not another episode of this long saga? To be able to show flames, destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I haven't watched the movie yet. Someone knows if Magneto and Quicksilver finally acknowledge their connection?
    Evans said in an interview no.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Evans said in an interview no.
    Wow, this is tragic.

I woke up with the left foot today

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    You're absolutely right there. It's been documented that when Nolan and his team saw the concentration camp in X-Men, they said something to the effect of, "Okay. We can finally make a movie like this."

Heck, the movie even inspired Grant Morrison's run in the comics, both in its visual style and conceptually (in regards to the school being an actual school instead of a mansion where super heroes hang out).
    The X-men movies are owed a ton of gratitude for setting on the cinematic path we're on now.

That can be true and the series, as a whole, can largely be a failure of quality and potential. If DC recovers from here out and creates a really high quality series of movies, they'll be able to credit the train wrecks of the last few years as learning experiences that made them better. Nolan, the MCU, and many others owe the foundations of their brilliance to X-men. But the series itself was largely a failure by comparison.

Out of it's ashes the MCU learned about the need for cohesion and building towards a finish. About knowing who their characters are, staying true to it, and telling a story that feels authentic. They learned you need to be heart wrenching, serious, and light-hearted all at the same time. Too much of any can be a detriment. And they learned that even in a team dynamic you need to make every character count, have their own story, and have meaning as more than a set piece. The X-men's failures at all of those things were absolutely helpful to the success of their brethren.

Now let's all get selfish as we anticipate getting the same brilliance for our beloved characters.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Some people need to learn how to use f-ing spoiler tags.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Don't do this story Disney. In fact keep about all these characters sans Xavier in the first reboot movie. Just do something different than Fox.
    Xavier is too integral LOL. But the best way Disney has to differentiate their X-Men from Fox's is to make them a true team dynamic where everyone gets to shine, something Fox has never really managed. All their movies give the lion's share of screentime to the same characters...

Also good action. The worst aspect of this movie imo was the action scenes. They were really really poorly made.
    Last edited by Supernature; 06-05-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Some people need to learn how to use f-ing spoiler tags.
    To be fair, you're reading a thread titled 'Dark Phoenix Film Discussion'. I mean, I get it...but c'mon.

In preparation for the movie coming out this week, I made a review on the original Dark Phoenix Saga. Hope that you enjoy it and I do hope that the movie does justice to the story. I'll be cautiously optimistic about watching it.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    To be fair, you're reading a thread titled 'Dark Phoenix Film Discussion'. I mean, I get it...but c'mon.
    Given the minor nature of it, it's not that big a deal. I just didn't want things to veer too far off into that territory.

We also usually have specific spoiler threads for open discussion, which I imagine someone'll make on or before Friday.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

spoilers:
    Could someone who has already watch it describe Jean and Scott interactions???
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    spoilers:
    Could someone who has already watch it describe Jean and Scott interactions???
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There isn't a lot of it, but in the limited scenes we get, the actors really sell the idea of this being a young couple in love.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I feel bad for Fassbender. He works hard and keeps his professionalism about each role he plays.
    I've heard JLAW phones it in again for the 3x.

spoilers:
    Please. Someone tell me that JLaw Mystique gets atomized by Jean.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    spoilers:
    There isn't a lot of it, but in the limited scenes we get, the actors really sell the idea of this being a young couple in love.
    end of spoilers

This, alone, makes the inflated ticket price worthwhile and places this movie well above X3 in terms of quality.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There isn't a lot of it
    end of spoilers could not be a bigger indictment. I don't even need to see this movie if somebody who is trying to defend this describes two core characters like that. That's an automatic fail of this story.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The main thing I am curious about as well.

spoilers:
    What is Mystique's death like? Is it quick & painless or is there any lingering pain / suffering before she fades to black?

We're stuck with her comic-wise. But I relish the death of that thing in the films. Especially after that "X-Women" line. lol She does come off as a tad bratty. JLaw seemed to play the part of a spoiled teen.
    end of spoilers