Page 184 of 207 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Any connection between Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix is purely coincidence. Fox didn't think that far and they even ignored stuff from Apocalypse.
    some are reading way to much were there is nothing
    I know what you are talking about and it really didn’t.

https://old.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...pocalypsehear/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I know what you are talking about and it really didn’t.

https://old.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...pocalypsehear/

MCU haters are not gonna read that Reddit post, no matter what. Unfortunately. They don't wanna hear.

This means that they gave someone other than Wolverine, Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto a decent character arc.

Nice.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    FFH also illustrates one of the biggest ironies of the MCU vs. Fox debate: Despite all the complaining about the importance of Wolverine in the Fox movies...no one seems to bat an eye to the fact that so much of the MCU somehow involves Tony Stark having screwed something up, and the world is now facing the consequences for it.
    Thank you! I'd go on there, but I don't wanna derail the thread.

Back to this movie, looking back at it, I still really enjoy it. I wanna go see it again, but that's a bit tricky when you've got three kids. So I'll probably have to wait for home release.

Speaking of which, I know I've said this previously, but I hope they offer a Director's/Extended version of the film when it hits home release. The main problem I have with the movie is that it clearly needs some more breathing space and connective tissue. The theatrical cut was in a pretty big hurry to get where it was going, and it showed at times.

I'd also love to see the original ending, assuming it got far enough along prior to its replacement. I'd honestly like to see it regardless, even if it's unfinished or an animatic.

It Green Lantern can get an extended edition and I am Legend can get its original ending put on the DVD, why can't this get an extended edition? I don't care if it was just a cynical attempt to move units: I'd be all over it.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    MCU haters are not gonna read that Reddit post, no matter what. Unfortunately. They don't wanna hear.
    I don’t to start the MCU crap but I feel that some people don’t want to give this movie credit where credit is due.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    FFH also illustrates one of the biggest ironies of the MCU vs. Fox debate: Despite all the complaining about the importance of Wolverine in the Fox movies...no one seems to bat an eye to the fact that so much of the MCU somehow involves Tony Stark having screwed something up

"So much of the MCU"

LoL

1 Avengers movie was about him (AoU)

3 of his solo movies obviously

2 Spider-Man movies

So five out of like what 23 or 24 films?

While wolverine was the main guy in like 7 out of the 10 FOX-MEN movies.

X1
    X2
    X3
    DoFP
    O: W
    TW
    Logan

And the only reason it wasn't a higher percentage was because he wasn't in the others except for cameos
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    "So much of the MCU"

LoL

2 Spider-Man movies

While wolverine was the main guy in like 7 out of the 10 FOX-MEN movies.

X1
    X2
    X3
    DoFP
    O: W
    TW
    Logan

And the only reason it wasn't a higher percentage was because he wasn't in the others except for cameos
    Wolverine was not the main guy in DOFP, Xavier was. Even the filmmakers said it.

Wolverine was not the main guy in DOFP, Xavier was. Even the filmmakers said it.
    Let’s be honest. Wolverine had a larger role than the other X-men. He was still a main character.

A movie can have more than one main character and Wolverine was definitely one of DOFP's

It must be my nausea at Dark Phoenix that is speaking as I have not seen Far from home. I don't truly accept Far from home can be worse than Dark Phoenix. Have people forgotten about Captain Marvel. It makes the ultimate sense both movies turned out so alike, one had to reshoot the last act.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    "So much of the MCU"

LoL

2 Spider-Man movies

You are being kinda of nice keep track of Iron Man, Captain America Civil War he was the co lead or a large focus, Avengers 1 and 4 he was the co lead. Avengers 3 he had a ton of time. It is more like 8 or 9 movies he is the main focus or is the co main focus of the movie. It doesn't matter because Marvel actually develop other characters like Captain America, Thor, Hulk,Black Widow,Scarlet Witch, Nebula and Hawkeye in movies. Also Marvel didn't take Baron Zemo make him hero ,Make him Leader of the Avengers sideline Captain America and make Zemo large focus of two last movies of your franchise.

Wolverine is the X-men movie stuff as much Iron Man and Captain America are in Avengers movie stuff but Avengers always been dominated by those guys and Thor. If X-men had given proper time and development Cyclops and Storm people wouldn't be talking about Wolverine. Quick look at comic appearances

#1 Marvel: Wolverine (1974) - 13428 appearances

#2 Marvel: Cyclops (1963) - 9277 appearances

#3 Marvel: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (1975) - 8143 appearances

#4 Marvel: Beast (1963) - 8020 appearances

#9 Marvel: Professor X (1963) - 6159 appearances

#14 Marvel: Magneto (1963) - 4562 appearances

Mystique: 2548 appearances

It is not hard to figure out who you should be focusing on, Wolverine always gets ton of time , I don't know how people are X-men fans without understanding Wolverine is going to get a lot of time just like Batman and Superman or Cap and Iron Man in their franchises. I will keep harping on it Professor X and Magneto having as much time or more Cyclops and Storm is the biggest failure of the franchise. The X-men movies problems fundamental start from that issue.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-10-2019 at 02:25 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You are being kinda of nice keep track of Iron Man, Captain America Civil War he was the co lead or a large focus, Avengers 1 and 4 he was the co lead. Avengers 3 he had a ton of time. It is more like 8 or 9 movies he is the main focus or is the co main focus of the movie.

Civil War I'll give you that one because it ended up being about Winter Solider kiing his parents.

But Avengers 1 3 & 4 are not ABOUT Iron Man. That's what I was responding to.

Avengers 1 plot didn't center around Iron Man. It was Loki getting revenge against his brother. He didn't come to Earth for Iron Man.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-10-2019 at 05:19 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I saw it twice in theaters and loved it. One of the strongest X-Men films IMO.

It ties up some loose ends nicely while also feeling open-ended enough that fans can imagine where things might go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Any connection between Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix is purely coincidence. Fox didn't think that far and they even ignored stuff from Apocalypse.
    some are reading way to much were there is nothing
    I miss this.

In an exclusive interview with Screen Rant, Simon Kinberg mentioned having a sense for how Dark Phoenix would tie-in with the ending of Days of Future Past. On this connection, the screenwriter and director said, “I have some sense of it, yes, because I always feel as though I’m sort of responsible for the architecture of this and making sure that it all lines up. So I do have some sense of it, but I really did imagine this movie, in truth, as the culmination of this cycle of X-Men films and so I wasn’t really thinking past this film other than wanting to make sure that the logic was all sound.” In other words, not only does Dark Phoenix line up with DOFP, it culminates the entirety of Fox’s X-Men film series. Despite this sense of how the films connect, Days of Future Past is riddled with continuity problems, since the film completely alters the timeline of the past films. Hopefully, Dark Phoenix can clean up some of these errors.

Kinberg also stated during the interview that working on Days of Future Past actually helped to conceive the idea for Dark Phoenix. He said, “I actually would say that the Dark Phoenix idea was was set up in the end of Days of Future Past. In changing the timeline of Days of Future Past, part of the reason I did that was I wanted a chance to tell the Dark Phoenix story in a more fulsome way where it’s really like the full Dark Phoenix story and focuses on Jean’s story different than X-Men: The Last Stand.” So it seems Kinberg had plans for Dark Phoenix long before the film’s conception. He added, “My vision for it, I think, even going back to Days of Future Past, is pretty consistent, because really what I felt when I was thinking about doing eventually a Dark Phoenix story was the idea that we would be telling Jean’s story. That we would be really focused. That we would narrow the scope of the film down even though there’s an intergalactic element and a scale and spectacle that you expect from these movies.” In other words, while the film does culminate the current cycle of X-Men films, it is still very much Jean’s story at the film’s core.
    https://screenrant.com/xmen-dark-pho...nect-director/
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-10-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

the hoops he jumps through to show he planned this movie all along lol

what's next? will he do an interview today about how he only wrote Last Stand so this year's movie had something to contrast?

I know you think we owe this movie something but i'm sorry, the Viewer has spoken, the movie didnt give the majority what they expected. I don't owe anyone anything.