Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
I love the Dark Phoenix saga as much as the next guy. And I didn't mind most of the Fox Movies. But this movie felt forced and rushed. I hate JLaw's Mystique and I think this should have been a two parter.
This upcoming criticism isn't directed at you, so please don't take it that way.

I just have a problem with people thinking that damn-near every plot point has to be spread out over multiple movies now that Marvel Studios has embraced cinematic decompression.

It is still possible to create compelling characters, relationships and the like and give them a compelling arc in one film. In fact, that's how most movies operate, and the idea that any given character or story beat is "rushed" because it's only being explored in one film is really bothersome to me.

In terms of this plot point specifically, Apocalypse gave me enough to go on: there was the premonition that something was happening with Jean earlier in the film and the display of destructive potential when she destroyed Apocalypse at the end of the film. Yeah, her and Scott could've been brought together a bit more, but I'm hoping that Dark Phoenix shows us how much their relationship means.