Page 126 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3103

I watched it

Good News: It is not worse X-men movie don't believe the hype

Bad News: It is the most average movie I have ever watched

Other notes:
    If you are Cyclops/Jean fan, Hey they tried you are going to find some(small) enjoyment with this movie
    If you are Beast fan it is up and down experience but you will probably be fine with the movie
    If you are Storm fan Lighting McFingers does not get enough lines for you to focus on how bad her accent is,
    If you are Nightcrawler fan he is solid in this movie until they realize "hey we don't have Wolverine in this movie somebody got to do that stuff"
    If you are Dazzler fan, You have seen all need to see already

The best X-men thing in the movie Is Professor X this movie perfectly captures how flawed he is but still generally good

The best way to enjoy this movie pretend that Mystique is Cyclops during the space mission.

Warning Don't try to apply logic during the space mission and any time you about to go this character is acting out of character just stop and let it go
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-06-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Holy....fucking.....****. I had to read the article myself just to confirm its real.

Just....wow.
    It's pure insanity. How can he so completely misunderstand the source material?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Doesn't everyone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMT47 View Post
    He also said this:

“If you know the Dark Phoenix story, you’d want to really service the love story between Logan and Jean”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...114502564.html

Imagine adapting the same plot twice in a 13 year period and this being your level of understanding of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    No expectations about this movie.
    But people are saying that it's worse than X3.
    How did they do it?
    This is how.

I think the moral to the story is Kinberg should never be allowed near an X-Men property again along with Singer and Ratner of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    To be fair, most people involved with the source material misunderstand the source material so this is par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I think the moral to the story is Kinberg should never be allowed near an X-Men property again along with Singer and Ratner of course.
    He should never be allowed near any movie property imo

BANNED

Lol. “Doris Blennerhassett”.

I follow Lord Claremont on insta, and he posted pics from the premiere with himself, Kinberg, and Turner, with a big smile(maybe this was before he actually saw the film). Lord Claremont has always been far too gracious with the Fox-Men people. I guess it's just social graces/professionalism, since they probably threw him some loot as a consultant or whatever, but I would really like to know his real feelings about the Fox films a few years down the road, when Fox is completely over and in the rearview mirror. There is no freaking way he can be actually happy with what they did with his stories, his characters, as seen in his original run.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I follow Lord Claremont on insta, and he posted pics from the premiere with himself, Kinberg, and Turner, with a big smile(maybe this was before he actually saw the film). Lord Claremont has always been far too gracious with the Fox-Men people. I guess it's just social graces/professionalism, since they probably threw him some loot as a consultant or whatever, but I would really like to know his real feelings about the Fox films a few years down the road, when Fox is completely over and in the rearview mirror. There is no freaking way he can be actually happy with what they did with his stories, his characters, as seen in his original run.
    I remember reading an article close to a decade ago that CC was behind the push to sell the X-Men movie rights to Fox when Marvel Comics was financially floundering.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I haven't seen Gifted, but so far the best use of an ensemble cast I've seen onscreen is Doom Patrol.
    Which makes me wonder if X Men would be better served as a TV series.
    I've only watched one or two episodes of Doom Patrol. So far so good, but it's The Umbrella Academy on Netflix that really got me excited in terms of onscreen ensemble(also Sense8, actually, too). Honestly, they did the DPS better than Fox ever could in their first season, with a tragic turn for a member of a team/family, with repressed memories and flaring powers and subtle manipulation and all that. 10 hours that developed a cast of diverse characters with unique abilities and personalities far better than anything Fox did in 20 years.

I do think the X-Men IP would be best served in serial format, just for the screentime to develop so many characters, and I hope Disney+ will do an interlinking show for them eventually, but the MCU has shown that you can develop a whole team of characters on the big screen, and link their individual movies together to tell a grand story. I look forward to seeing what they do with the X-Men when it is their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I remember reading an article close to a decade ago that CC was behind the push to sell the X-Men movie rights to Fox when Marvel Comics was financially floundering.
    That may be so, but I also know that Lord Claremont and Stan Lee had a meeting with James Cameron and he was going to produce an X-Men film his then wife Katheryn Bigelow was going to direct. However, early in the meeting Stan starting talking about Spider-Man and James got really excited about that project instead(as he personally liked Spidey as a kid), and started developing a Leonardo DiCaprio Spider-Man film(which of course never came to fruition, but definitely left the X-Men in limbo for a few years until the Singer version came to be). So we almost had a Cameron/Bigalow X-Men movie in the mid 90's, with Angela Bassett in talks for a beefy Storm role(which is why she passed on the later version, where Storm was stripped down to almost nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Which is strange because CC not to long ago said one of the reason the x-men comics have been so inconsistent and lacking the flagship push of yesteryear. Is because Fox owned the rights.

So odd, he's kind of all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Which is strange because CC not to long ago said one of the reason the x-men comics have been so inconsistent and lacking the flagship push of yesteryear. Is because Fox owned the rights.

So odd, he's kind of all over the place.
    It has been a long time, with changing realities along the way.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    ouch. I'm sure the movie will do better than expected. everyone I've talked to said they are going to see it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!