Page 162 of 207 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Fox laid off much of their marketing department and then hired essentially temporary staffers. This isn't necessarily unusual. Studios will bring in people to run specific types of campaigns and there is considerable turnover. But this was essentially chaos at Fox with no one really running the campaign. Even before that, a lot of Fox's marketing department was leaving before they could be laid off.

Deadline has some details about what was going on:

https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...hy-1202629749/

I can't get into more details, but I can confirm that is 100% correct and still going on at Fox.
    I overlooked that part. A perfect storm(pun not intended).
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-15-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

What I Liked:

-the space shuttle rescue was a different setting and a situation that nodded to the comics

-the fight a Jean's house was much better than in Last Stand; it had more emotional weight with Jean fighting her teammates and the whole sequence was more dynamic

-X-men vs. Brotherhood and Beast/Magneto vs. Jean

-the train battle

What I Didn't Like:

-I didn't like how Mystique wore her blue form like it was part of her uniform

As someone pointed out, changing Jean's trauma was a moment of "that didn't happen" but it wasn't a blasphemy. I think losing her friend would've had more weight. I did like that they gave Jean a more substantial back story (car accident) and we got to see her interact with family (Dad) in this story.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm sorry, let's stay on topic.

Dark Phoenix is trending for the largest second weekend drop since BvS[among big budget superhero films], with estimates of 83% being tossed around. By the end of the second weekend, it might barely pass the opening weekend box offices totals of previous franchise entries. Some are saying its domestic bo might not even make it to $75m in its entire theatrical run.
    83% is the drop from the previous Friday to this Friday.

Now, Deadline estimate 8.3M for the weekend (74% drop).

https://deadline.com/2019/06/men-in-...ce-1202632705/

About 3 years ago, I wrote that the movie was going to open with the X-Men returning from a space mission when Jean would obtain the Phoenix Force. Some scoffed. Some asked, "Back from space? What were they doing there? How did they get there? Beginning a movie that way?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Dark Phoenix: some considerations

1- "Dark Phoenix" features the third alien element in the saga (D'Bari). Adamantium comes from an alien substance extrapolated from a meteor, and Apocalypse's special armour and body-swapping equipment/base is obviously alien (Celestial?).

2- In the original timeline(s), the Cosmic Force was orbitating around Earth in 1992, but the "Endeavour" shuttle wasn't there, as well as the X-Men (more specifically, Jean Grey). So presumibly, the Force ignored Earth and kept travelling across galaxies as always. D'Bari people followed it... elsewhere.

3- Hank uses a different (new) serum, because he can convert into Beast without getting "angry", as evinced before the train fight.

4- Mystique is the third X-Man to die in the final timeline, after Banshee and Havok.

5- Vuk must be a "mutant" D'Bari and not a normal D'Bari, because she managed to handle the Force and absorb it from Jean.

6- The helmet Magnet uses is the original one from "First Class", apparently.

7- DP Selene resembles LS Callisto a lot.

8- Beast is the first X-Man to join the Brotherhood of Mutants.

9- The Mutant Containment Camp must have been existing BEFORE the events of "Dark Phoenix". This means that humans STILL secretly feared mutants, despite the X-Men had become national heroes.

10- The KITCHEN where Hank confronted Charles is not the SAME where Charles met Raven for the first time, as claimed. The school has been rebuilt from scratch at the end of "Apocalypse", indeed.

11- In the movie, Raven criticized the use of identical uniforms. Surely she preferred the individual costumes at the very end of "Apocalypse".

12- Raven doesn't display any super-agility feats in either "Apocalypse" and "Dark Phoenix".

13- Beast's make-up in DP was the best out of the 5 Fox movies featuring Beast.

14- The "Killing Spree" of Nightcrawler is totally IN CHARACTER. First, he already had got his "sin tattoos" by the age of 18-20 (see "Apocalypse"), and this means that rage and other negative aspects are already present in him.

Besides, this version of Nightcrawler has a feral attitude, as evinced in the Danger Room at the end of "Apocalypse", where he growls like an animal.

15- Storm could have kept Apocalypse's power enhacement, after all. The impressive multiple lightning display is very powerful and never shown by any other incarnation of Storm before.

16- Storm apart, codenames are almost never mentioned.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Red Lotus, what was his role? Was our interesting or not at all?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    MANdusa? LOL a man with traditionally female hair powers is GAY RIGHTS.

A good friend of mine wrote a blog post on why Dark Phoenix worked on so many levels. She acknowledges the box office and critical reception, but the singles out why the movie worked on a level that others didn't. Say about the movie what you will, but I agree with her.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    He's called Ariki.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    He's called Ariki.
    A name close to "Araki", the old advisor to Lilandra.

I loved the fight scenes!

I wonder if the box office attendance has improved any since the premiere? People need to go a see this movie and make their own decision.

Me, I loved it!! #1 of all X-Men movies since Jean was the spotlight character, had the Force, was Uber powerful and we got a space Phoenix Raptor!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder if the box office attendance has improved any since the premiere?
    It had the biggest second week drop in superhero movie history (73%).

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It had the biggest second week drop in superhero movie history (73%).
    It's breaking records i see lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    It's breaking records i see lol!
    well when you talk this way hahaha. It is on 5th place on friday

BANNED

Nailed it.

Especially the section about family and relationships. What has always separated the X-men from other team groups is that they truly are each other's family.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Someone on the editing team confirmed that this screenrant article is 100% correct about the changes.

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-...-fox-xmen/amp/

Will talk about it more later.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-16-2019 at 12:02 PM.