Page 59 of 207 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Beautiful, their interactions are the only reason. I'm giving this movie a chance

BANNED

Disney’s marketing manager being forced to hype up the new trailer is entertaining: https://mobile.twitter.com/asadayaz/...28801627086848

(lol remember Grace Randolph saying Disney cancelled the movie)

Sophie Turner should be the president.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Just 'cause the Troll is too good to pass up: I'm gonna bust a gut laughing if it's an announcement that, she, Tye, and the others have all signed on to reprise the characters in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Just 'cause the Troll is too good to pass up: I'm gonna bust a gut laughing if it's an announcement that, she, Tye, and the others have all signed on to reprise the characters in the MCU.
    Honestly I would be happy if Sophie continued to play Jean, and I think Tye is good too. "The others", not so much... No way this is happening after Feige just said it's gonna take ages for them to use the X-Men though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly I would be happy if Sophie continued to play Jean, and I think Tye is good too. "The others", not so much... No way this is happening after Feige just said it's gonna take ages for them to use the X-Men though.
    That would make me happy too because I like a lot of the current actors in their roles. I just don’t see it happening.

Sophie Turner promises something special. The world is an inherently better place.

Hope it's another trailer with more Phoenix-level power.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Which pissed off Spider-man fans. There was a lot venom(pun) for that movie from the Spider-fanbase as whole.
    All the more impressive they were able to pull it off. (Really it all came down to Tom Hardy making the dual personality in one body work.) Not only did they make a Venom movie without Spidey, they almost made as much as Spidey's most recent film.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-16-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Anybody want a 5 min preview? Maybe of the opening space scene?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Sophie Turner promises something special. The world is an inherently better place.

Hope it's another trailer with more Phoenix-level power.
    Yes!! This, please!!

BANNED

Ooh, cool, wonder what it could be?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Disney’s marketing manager being forced to hype up the new trailer is entertaining: https://mobile.twitter.com/asadayaz/...28801627086848

(lol remember Grace Randolph saying Disney cancelled the movie)
    It is kinda surreal to see Disney pushing this: seeing Dark Phoenix merch and footage at CinemaCon being a prime example.

Randolph wasn't the only person who thought Disney would shelve this movie, though she may have been the most prominent, but I never bought that line for a minute. Why would Disney not cash the checks for a movie they had to spend very little money on? It just didn't make sense.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    It is kinda surreal to see Disney pushing this: seeing Dark Phoenix merch and footage at CinemaCon being a prime example.

Randolph wasn't the only person who thought Disney would shelve this movie, though she may have been the most prominent, but I never bought that line for a minute. Why would Disney not cash the checks for a movie they had to spend very little money on? It just didn't make sense.
    I think it's fitting. I also think the whole rumors about this movie getting shelved or pushed to a streaming service was just raging from those who just hate seeing Marvel characters in something other than the MCU. I get the feeling that the fact that Dark Phoenix existed somehow undercut their vision for the future of the franchise. They wanted to get to the MCU X-Men as quickly as possible and for whatever reason, Dark Phoenix was delaying that.

Whatever the reason, there was never a chance that Disney would shelve a movie that cost this much to make. Plus, the actors and actresses involved are relying on this movie, if only to put it on their resume. The movie was well into production before the merger was announced and mostly complete by the time it became official. Canceling the movie would be akin to throwing $200 million in the trash and welcoming the production crew to sue them for even more. That's just not sound business practice, especially from a company like Disney.

Plus, I was at NYCC when Kinberg, Turner, and Sheriden were there to promote the movie. The crowd was electric. The cheering was real. I could tell by the way they talked about it how much they cared about this movie. And I think it'll show in the finished product.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

There's more chemistry in this video than Marsden and Jansen had in three movies.

That's not a knock on either of them, as actors. But they just didn't have much of a dynamic. There was never a moment when I felt like these two captured the spirit of the couple in the comics.

I see that dynamic with Turner and Sheridan. I saw it in X-Men Apocalypse. They had quiet, subtle moments that made me believe they had a connection through these characters. It was more substantial than anything I ever saw in the original trilogy and I hope we get the necessary drama in Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    There's more chemistry in this video than Marsden and Jansen had in three movies.

That's not a knock on either of them, as actors. But they just didn't have much of a dynamic. There was never a moment when I felt like these two captured the spirit of the couple in the comics.

I see that dynamic with Turner and Sheridan. I saw it in X-Men Apocalypse. They had quiet, subtle moments that made me believe they had a connection through these characters. It was more substantial than anything I ever saw in the original trilogy and I hope we get the necessary drama in Dark Phoenix.
    I disagree with you on the chemistry between Turner and Sheridan. They do have one thing working in their favor that Marsden and Jansen never had - no Wolverine to complicate things. If Logan didn't force Cyclops to third place it might have worked better in the original films. Sheridan doesn't feel like Scott and Turner doesn't feel like Jean either. I wanted to like them and give them a shot, but I wasn't impressed. I have low expectations for the Dark Phoenix, but I hope it's the ending to the Fox X-Franchise we deserve.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir