Page 54 of 207 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No way Kinberg matches Wan in his directorial debut. Aquaman was a treasure chest of visual delights, a fantasy epic that was stunning and transcended the superhero genre. DP? Not so much.
    I liked Aquaman but it didn’t transcended superhero genre. It was just a good time.

It would be hilarious if tSLoP2 outgrosses it opening weekend.
    Not really. The first film was a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I liked Aquaman but it didn’t transcended superhero genre.
    It was more of a mythological fantasy action adventure as opposed to a typical superhero film; that's what I mean by transcend the genre.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Aquaman was very mediocre
    So mediocre it made a billion dollars with a character that has been laughed at for generations? Okay.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So mediocre it made a billion dollars with a character that has been laughed at for generations? Okay.
    He’s opinion. The Phantom Menace also made a billion dollars.

The first new installment in decades of a beloved cultural juggernaut made a billion dollars? No way?

BANNED

TPM was also highly-anticipated because people were drooling over the prospect of more Star Wars (if we only knew). A better example would be the Bayformers movies, which somehow manage to keep making massive amounts of money no matter HOW bad the previous installment (bar the first, which was actually pretty decent) was. That's exactly why you can't use Box Office as a measure of quality. There's plenty of garbage that rakes in a ton of money.

Fan art by Romir616

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fan art by Romir616

Wow! That is stunning.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

It would be more effective if I wasn't already actively rooting for Mystique to die.

BANNED

Dark Phoenix Tracking For Record Low X-Men Franchise Opening | CBR
    ... According to Box Office Pro, the film will take in between $40 and $55 million in its first weekend domestically. Although these numbers could end up proving inaccurate, that puts Dark Phoenix at a high risk of having the worst opening weekend of any film in the franchise. ...

... The outlet cites numerous reasons why Dark Phoenix's projections are so low. Chief among them is that the film doesn't seem to be performing particularly well on social media, and the Disney/Fox merger has fans less likely to turn out to see Dark Phoenix, as the X-Men will eventually be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Dark Phoenix Tracking For Record Low X-Men Franchise Opening
    Hata's gonna Hate lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hata's gonna Hate lol
    Let’s be honest, between all the delays, news of things going on behind the scenes, the fact that we’re rehashing Dark Phoenix Saga again as if that’s all there is to the Phoenix and that with the Disney/Fox merger basically rendering anything from this movie irrelevant, is it really much of a stretch that people have just stopped caring?

As I've said before, if the movie is good, those numbers will change. Good word-of-mouth is the best advertising any movie can get. It's part of what helped Aquaman last as long as it did. It's what helped the first Deadpool movie beat expectations.

Dark Phoenix still has a lot working against it because there's a sizable contingent of people online who are determined to hate this movie. They jump at anything that could be construed as negative and ignore anything that might be positive. Conversely, they make every excuse to justify being excited about other movies and no amount of bad press changes that. People will hear about Dark Phoenix undergoing reshoots and assume the worst, but ignore the fact that both Infinity War and Endgame were subject to reshoots as well. It's all about looking for excuses and people will find plenty with Dark Phoenix simply because it's not in the MCU and it's not Deadpool. It's sad, but that's the current landscape we're in with respect to superhero movies.

The best thing Dark Phoenix can do at this point is earn good reviews and good word-of-mouth. If it cannot do that, then the movie will fail, plain and simple.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I was saddened to read that about the movie expected to do the worst! However, any mention does get the word out and the numbers may be better than what they expected. I Hope so. I will do my part by telling others about it and going to see it opening weekend.

Can't do as bad as Hellboy lol