Page 1 of 207 123451151101 ... LastLast

Exclamation X-Men: Dark Phoenix film

This is the *new* thread to talk about the Dark Phoenix film and all who sail in her.

One thing this thread is not for is to compare Fox vs MCU as that gets old quick and patience will be limited for such things.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope this doesn't flop but i feel it will.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I think this movie is dead on arrival sadly. All the signs point to another Fan4stic.
    L'Enfer !

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

This is evidently Simon Kinberg's white whale. The X-Men film franchise hasn't earned a second attempt at anything Phoenix-related. Failing that, we don't know or care enough about Jean for the story to matter. It's too bad this can't be moved to a streaming service release along with New Mutants. (Saying New Mutants should also be moved - not saying it is being moved, like that shallow rumor said.)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope this doesn't flop but i feel it will.
    That's the perception and I worry that it'll only make for a self-fulfilling prophecy, no matter how well the movie turns out. I was at NYCC when Sophie Turner, Tye Sherridan, and Simon Kinberg came out for interviews. The area was packed. People seemed genuinely excited about this movie. Everyone involved seemed upbeat. Tye and Sophie really seemed to enjoy each other's company. This perception about the movie is coming almost entirely from people who are still whining about X-Men Apocalypse or that this isn't in the MCU, which are both awful reasons to dismiss it.

If this movie flops, it'll flop for all the wrong reasons. Kinberg has gone on record as saying that X3 is a mistake. He wants to correct it. And yet, people are still giving him crap for it. It's sad and I think it'll only hurt this movie in ways it and the cast don't deserve.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think the film will be enjoyable for what it will be, but for those of us diehard X-fans or Jean fans we should go in expecting X-3 2.0. As Filthy Mutie above said, since this Jean's appearance in Apocalypse there has not been enough time or interest in Jean's evolution to warrant this film at this stage. Having read the leaked script concepts last summer, and seeing most of those seeming to be true through the trailer, I'll go see it but will not be expecting much. I'm bummed and hope that I'll be surprised.

I've given up hope on it being good. But still looking forward to seeing Scott and Jean on screen. Also hoping Nightcrawler and Storm aren't wallpaper in this.
    Last edited by Del torro; 01-30-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That's the perception and I worry that it'll only make for a self-fulfilling prophecy, no matter how well the movie turns out. I was at NYCC when Sophie Turner, Tye Sherridan, and Simon Kinberg came out for interviews. The area was packed. People seemed genuinely excited about this movie. Everyone involved seemed upbeat. Tye and Sophie really seemed to enjoy each other's company. This perception about the movie is coming almost entirely from people who are still whining about X-Men Apocalypse or that this isn't in the MCU, which are both awful reasons to dismiss it.

If this movie flops, it'll flop for all the wrong reasons. Kinberg has gone on record as saying that X3 is a mistake. He wants to correct it. And yet, people are still giving him crap for it. It's sad and I think it'll only hurt this movie in ways it and the cast don't deserve.
    I would love this film to be great but the signs aren't looking to good. First time director along with extensive re-shoot's and TWO rescheduled release dates point to the movie being in trouble.

Kinberg's comments about X3 is just PR spin and the proof will be in the pudding.

If this film turns out to be good I will gladly eat a large slice of humble pie, as will others.
    L'Enfer !

Heard someone watched it and said it was terrible...

Hope he's wrong

I'm looking forward to this. I don't think it will be great, but i actually want to see x-men interact and not a huge wolverine show. I liked Apocalypse for what it was too. they didn't get the character right, but the x-men alone, and seeing scott and jean portrayed well made me like it enough

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. I don't think it will be great, but i actually want to see x-men interact and not a huge wolverine show. I liked Apocalypse for what it was too. they didn't get the character right, but the x-men alone, and seeing scott and jean portrayed well made me like it enough
    It wasn`t even Scott in Apocalypse. He never was a jerk boy. They tried to make him cool by making him a jerk. Such things don`t work.

I don't trust Kinberg or Fox in general. At this point I would rather this movie just be scrapped, but whatever. At least this will finally end this crazy chameleon version of Mystique for good.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What worries me the most about this movie is that it could make Disney want to try other things in order to not copy Fox. That could mean shelving Jean and/or Scott. Two characters that really deserved better when it comes to movies

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't trust Kinberg or Fox in general. At this point I would rather this movie just be scrapped, but whatever. At least this will finally end this crazy chameleon version of Mystique for good.
    That's one of the things that is really poor. They've push Mystique into the forefront of the movies solely because of Jennifer Lawrence. Mystique leading the team is just all wrong.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What worries me the most about this movie is that it could make Disney want to try other things in order to not copy Fox. That could mean shelving Jean and/or Scott. Two characters that really deserved better when it comes to movies
    I think they Dark Phoenix as a story won't be recycled anytime soon, however I can't believe that they would not have Cyclops & Jean in the new movies, they are at the core of the franchise. I',m expecting the 05 in the first Disney movie.
    L'Enfer !