Page 156 of 207 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Apparently Tye said that Skrull were in the movie at one point.

First they were Shi’ar, then Skrulls, then nameless aliens, and finally D’Bari. What a mess this production was.
    Question: Why would they use the Skrulls? How they fit this story?

An executive must have said "MCU will use something called Skrulls, we have to use it too because we shared the rights".

And then Disney and Fox merged, and someone said "It would be bad for our future hit Captain Marvel if this **** movie use the same aliens. Let's make them generic aliens".

And then the intern said "Hey, there's a race of aliens called D'Bari in the comics. Let's use their names".

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think all the bad press comes from "evil" critics, some people just feel dissapointed about this movie. I wanted it to be good and succeed but as a fan and customer felt unsatisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

An executive must have said "MCU will use something called Skrulls, we have to use it too because we shared the rights".

And then Disney and Fox merged, and someone said "It would be bad for our future hit Captain Marvel if this **** movie use the same aliens. Let's make them generic aliens".

And then the intern said "Hey, there's a race of aliens called D'Bari in the comics. Let's use their names".
    I remember the original test screening in early 2018 and they said they were generic gray shapeshifting aliens. The merger was announced in December 2017 filming for the movie was Late Summer and Fall 2017 with reshoots starting in August 2018. I think the merger was less of a factor and more likely Marvel announcing at Comic-Con 2017 they were using the Skrulls in CM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

Word is that the budget was cut at the last minute. So I’m guessing they went with shape shifting so they won’t have to spend so much money on make up.

This movie has many parallels with the production of Alien 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I remember the original test screening in early 2018 and they said they were generic gray shapeshifting aliens. The merger was announced in December 2017 filming for the movie was Late Summer and Fall 2017 with reshoots starting in August 2018. I think the merger was less of a factor and more likely Marvel announcing at Comic-Con 2017 they were using the Skrulls in CM.
    Filming started in June of 2017. Comic-Con 2017 was in July.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-12-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Seems like they cut out A LOT of scenes.

https://twitter.com/ImAFilmEditor/st...61107400687616

I guess the DVD for Dark Phoenix is going to be amazing.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think all the bad press comes from "evil" critics, some people just feel dissapointed about this movie. I wanted it to be good and succeed but as a fan and customer felt unsatisfied
    Well when it comes to the X-films, everybody is so splintered... you have those who don't like Fox's take on them... you have those who view all movies through a Marvel lense.... you have those that weren't feeling this Alt-Universe lineup (Mystique leading the X-men)... and those who are easily influenced by the opinion of others... so... like I said , I liked it.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Studio interference has been an issue with Fox, going all the way back to the first X-Men movie. Extended cuts tend to show that the filmakers had a vision, but that vision got chopped up. Just go back and watch the extended cut of Daredevil to see how much that can undermine a movie.

Now, I loved Dark Phoenix. I thought it captured all the right themes and emotions. But I feel like there was a lot more high drama that got cut out. I hope that means there's a longer cut of this movie that we'll see one day. The Rogue Cut of DOFP really took a good movie and made it great. I think Dark Phoenix could benefit even more. Here's hoping.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Studio interference has been an issue with Fox, going all the way back to the first X-Men movie. Extended cuts tend to show that the filmakers had a vision, but that vision got chopped up. Just go back and watch the extended cut of Daredevil to see how much that can undermine a movie.

Now, I loved Dark Phoenix. I thought it captured all the right themes and emotions. But I feel like there was a lot more high drama that got cut out. I hope that means there's a longer cut of this movie that we'll see one day. The Rogue Cut of DOFP really took a good movie and made it great. I think Dark Phoenix could benefit even more. Here's hoping.
    It really is amazing how much of a difference the Director's Cut made to Daredevil: it still wasn't a great (or even a very good) movie, but it was infinitely better than the theatrical cut. The Rogue Cut of DoFP took a great movie and made it even better, though I can see why they cut that content in the theatrical version. It kinda pads things a bit and isn't that necessary to the plot, as awesome as it was; however, I'm all for getting more of movies I like, and it's the only version of DoFP I watch now.

As for Dark Phoenix, the length is what caused the majority of issues for me (keep in mind that I still liked the movie), and I really want there to be an extended/director's cut of the film on home release. I think Disney'll give it to us, if only to try and spark home sales.

Like I said in the other thread, if Green Lantern can get an extended cut, why can't this?

#ReleaseTheKinbergCut, anyone?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    It really is amazing how much of a difference the Director's Cut made to Daredevil: it still wasn't a great (or even a very good) movie, but it was infinitely better than the theatrical cut. The Rogue Cut of DoFP took a great movie and made it even better, though I can see why they cut that content in the theatrical version. It kinda pads things a bit and isn't that necessary to the plot, as awesome as it was; however, I'm all for getting more of movies I like, and it's the only version of DoFP I watch now.

As for Dark Phoenix, the length is what caused the majority of issues for me (keep in mind that I still liked the movie), and I really want there to be an extended/director's cut of the film on home release. I think Disney'll give it to us, if only to try and spark home sales.

Like I said in the other thread, if Green Lantern can get an extended cut, why can't this?

#ReleaseTheKinbergCut, anyone?
    I think it's too early to start a hashtag, but I'm all for encouraging the release of an extended cut. Based on all the news that has come out after the movie's release, there's definitely enough content for something longer.

Also, a few months ago, there was some conflicting reports regarding the runtime for Dark Phoenix. At first, the runtime was listed as being over 2 hours and 30 minutes. It was even listed on IMDB for a while. That eventually changed, but maybe that was before Fox was done trimming off content. If they had that much to trim, then there's certainly enough for a longer cut.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think it's too early to start a hashtag, but I'm all for encouraging the release of an extended cut. Based on all the news that has come out after the movie's release, there's definitely enough content for something longer.

Also, a few months ago, there was some conflicting reports regarding the runtime for Dark Phoenix. At first, the runtime was listed as being over 2 hours and 30 minutes. It was even listed on IMDB for a while. That eventually changed, but maybe that was before Fox was done trimming off content. If they had that much to trim, then there's certainly enough for a longer cut.
    I don't actually use hashtags (or Twitter in general): I was just using it as pithy shorthand, but it's never too early to start campaigning. I think the Snyder Cut movement (of which I consider myself a member) started the weekend Justice League came out, and it hasn't stopped since.

I remember the reports of conflicting runtimes, and, while I'd love a 2.5 hour cut, I think 15-20 minutes would do just fine, depending on what they added in. Going back to my Green Lantern example, I think that extended cut only added nine or so minutes, but it was enough for WB to slap it on the bluray in an attempt to sell more home copies. Don't know how that worked out for the, though. I saw the movie in theaters, cried softly to myself and said, "Never again."
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Mighty Member

Studio interference from Fox? In other news, the pope is catholic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Studio interference from Fox? In other news, the pope is catholic.
    Pfft, what could go wrong? Kinburg clearly gets the story: It's about the love of Wolverine and Jean. Let him have an extra hour, I'm sure he completely nailed the story with that extra time. It wouldn't, in any way, only depress us further.

It's over. Throw the dirt on this latest debacle and move on people. Director cuts are nothing more than the hope that an extra handful of minutes will magically turn a bad movie into a good one. You might as well hope for pixie dust while you're at it.

Yes, I know I was expecting some that I did not see.

I Hope the DVD not only has all of the deleted scenes, but has a version to watch with all of the scenes in it. I always like the scenes that they decide to cut.

Singer went AWOL on DOFP and Apocalypse.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/br...dy-1202148666/

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

It's over. Throw the dirt on this latest debacle and move on people. Director cuts are nothing more than the hope that an extra handful of minutes will magically turn a bad movie into a good one. You might as well hope for pixie dust while you're at it.
    No need to be so combative and nearly a hour of footage is is not a “handful” of minutes. The main criticism of this movie is that it’s too short and insanely rushed.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-13-2019 at 05:17 PM.