Page 92 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Like seriously, I’ve seen lot of people just now founding out that Sophie Turner is playing Jean Grey. Many viewers skipped Apocalypse as shown by the ticket sales, its the second lowest in the franchise behind the Wolverine.

DKR was the direct sequel to one of the most critically and audience approved films of all time.

Logan besides being great was billed as Jackman's last time as Wolverine.

So Logan and DKR are apples and oranges when compared to Dark Phoenix.

If people are just now figuring out Sophie Turner is Jean Grey than that tells you the hill this film will have to climb to be a success.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-17-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Logan actually felt like the "end" of the saga. the saga started and focused on him, he is by far the most iconic character of these films. His end was tragic but it was a great ending for the saga.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Logan actually felt like the "end" of the saga. the saga started and focused on him, he is by far the most iconic character of these films. His end was tragic but it was a great ending for the saga.
    Because he was the Iron Man of the X-Men films, and besides Xavier and Magneto the other characters didn't get any real development. Why do you think people feel uninterested in Jean and Scott in these films because they were not like LOGAN just other players on Logan's team.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The Hollywood Reporting did not say that. They projected the domestic opening to be $50 million and that’s it. The article is clickbait.

So why did Logan make more money than Apocalypse? And most people have not even seen Apocalypse.
    Logan was Jackman's final ride as Wolverine, and clearly had no relation to Apocalypse. Plus, had great reviews and word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    DKR was the direct sequel to one of the most critically and audience approved films of all time.

Logan besides being great was billed as Jackman's last time as Wolverine.

So Logan and DKR are apples and oranges when compared to Dark Phoenix.

If people are just know figuring out Sophie Turner is Jean Grey than that tells you the hill this film will have to climb to be a success.
    The marketing to Logan only vaguely hinted at it being Hugh Jackman’s last film with #OneLastTime. Many people are still asking if Wolverine is in Dark Phoenix in the comment section of the trailers on YouTube and social media. If you’re a casual viewer that doesn’t follow movie news, which is most of the general audience you probably wouldn’t know that Hugh retired from the role.

Sophie/Jean was not a predominate figure in the trailers for X-Men: Apocalypse. You only saw glimpses of her so its easy for casual moviegoers who didn’t watch the movie to not know she was in it. But with Dark Phoenix Sophie is the face of the movie and featured heavily in its marketing.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-17-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Logan was Jackman's final ride as Wolverine, and clearly had no relation to Apocalypse. Plus, had great reviews and word of mouth.
    It did so have relations to Apocalypse. What do you think Apocalypse’s post-credit scene was teasing at? It reintroduced Weapon X which played a major role in Logan.

And most casual movie goers didn’t know that Hugh retired.

The marketing to Logan only vaguely hinted at it being Hugh Jackman’s last film with #OneLastTime. Many people are still asking if Wolverine is in Dark Phoenix in the comment section of the trailers on YouTube and social media. If you’re a casual viewer that doesn’t follow movie news, which is most of the general audience you probably wouldn’t know that Hugh retired from the role.

Sophie/Jean was not a predominate figure in the trailers for X-Men: Apocalypse. You only saw glimpses of her so its easy for casual moviegoers who didn’t watch the movie to not know she was in it. But with Dark Phoenix Sophie is the face of the movie and featured heavily in its marketing.
    Exactly why imo it was a mistake to rush into this again. DP was built up in the comics with fans knowing who Jean was, and hell even the tv version had slowly reveal Jean's personality. Fox jumped into this without any kind of film to express to the audience who Jean is because girl who gets fire bird powers.

Astonishing Member

It did so have relations to Apocalypse. What do you think Apocalypse’s post-credit scene was teasing at? It reintroduced Weapon X which played a major role in Logan.

And most casual movie goers didn’t know that Hugh retired.
    I don’t think the average movie goer really understood that post credits scene.

And most people have not even seen Apocalypse.
    To put this in perspective: look at its domestic ticket sales in this link. It’s sitting in 70th place.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres...st_yr=1&p=.htm

XMA: 17,814,000

Now compared to Avengers: Endgame which has an audience that Dark Phoenix is trying to market itself to.

AE: 82,285,800

X-Men: Apocalypse is only 21% of that number. Going off rotten tomatoes only around half of that parentage thought it was bad or mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    While that is true, i feel that for the "last" instalment of these movies, there is very little hype. It is like nobody is really attached to these characters. Sadly no amount of publicity could change this so late in the game.
    You’re overlooking the fact that marketing can attract a new audience for a film. People who saw Justice League were generally not attached to Aquaman but many people who never even saw that movie went to see his solo because of the heavy marketing campaign WB gave him.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-17-2019 at 08:42 PM.

I just deleted 34 posts that talked about or possibly contained spoilers for a movie that isn't even out yet. This is a blatant disregard of rules and I am really disappointed that many frequent posters here chose to engage in this.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Not a fan of the Fox movies but I really wished they moved Dark Phoenix to a less competitive month. It seems like the studio wants it to fail, opening up against Secret Pets 2, a week after Godzilla and a week before MIB 4. Mind you I don't think Godzilla or MIB 4 will dominate the box office but the field seems too packed and Toy Story opens 2 weeks later.

To back Wolverine12 up:
    To discuss spoilers for a film that has not even been released yet is not exactly acceptable. Not only is it unfair to do in a thread not marked specifically for spoilers, but there is a large ethical question mark about the indirect support for leaks (often sourced through movie piracy).

Please do not engage in this sort of behaviour.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Not a fan of the Fox movies but I really wished they moved Dark Phoenix to a less competitive month. It seems like the studio wants it to fail, opening up against Secret Pets 2, a week after Godzilla and a week before MIB 4. Mind you I don't think Godzilla or MIB 4 will dominate the box office but the field seems too packed and Toy Story opens 2 weeks later.
    The Secret Life of Pets 2 is a different demographic and Dark Phoenix seems to be selling more tickets.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-18-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Seems Fox/Disney partnered with HBO.

https://twitter.com/XMenMovies/statu...97499934101504