Page 143 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    You mean the movie that 'faked' it to 427M domestic and 1.127B WW? The one that rode the coattails of the Endgame to those numbers? Not my favorite MCU movie but got to give it credit for those crazy BO numbers.
    I'm defending Cap Marvel, but placing it between Infinity War and Endgame really helped. Plus, if box office gross mattered, the best movies of all-time would be the Transformers movies. Which thankfully isn't the case.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    The cut the best line from the trailer out of the film "You're not looking for answers, you're looking for permission." Unless they said it and I just didn't hear it.
    They definitely didn’t use it. They left out A LOT of cool lines and character interactions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    That's just the thing: the fact that these recent X-Men films have been so generic, so inconsequential and have repeated the same themes, character arcs and plot beats over and over again, you can indeed compare the multitude to one solo film. That's how bad the development is.

People don't realise that by trying to make these comparisons they're just pointing out the flaws but refusing to accept them.
    EXACTLY. Some are acting like disappointment in this film is a one off. We knew what we were going to get when the writer was announced. We saw in the trailers what we were going to get. The low box office and excitement isn't reaction to critics. I don't need critics to tell me I didn't like Apocolypse and I didn't like the whole Mystique and the Xmen. People are far less willing to "give it a try" with their money because Fox has simply not earned it. They have blown goodwill in their X-Men with mediocre movies, unrecognizable characters and focusing on Mystique, Wolverine, Charles and Magneto to the immense detriment of the actual teams of characters.

If they cared and wanted a Phoenix do over they should have wiped the board clean of the entire writing, production crew. Completely fresh ideas from someone who cares and respects the characters. They made their mistakes from the very outset from the first word with Kinsberg.

The X-Men have endured for decades in print and media for a reason. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. The characters have depth and motivations, loves, and enemies you can draw from that have worked for decades. Yet they keep deciding to focus on only a few of them. Some of Marvel's strongest and most dynamic women characters are X-Men. But you cram Mystique down audiences throats movie after movie and continue using Storm for CGI showcases.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What? Byrne did not say that nor was she killed because she was sexually assaulted by another man.

Both Claremont and Byrne hated the original Jean. Claremont felt she dressed like a republican frump and Byrne thought she was boring so they both agreed on improvements. However both saw the character differently.

Byrne saw her has possessed but described her as a drug addict.

And Claremont had her search for the cosmic orgasm. If the high evolutionary is godlike in the sense of intellect but devoid of emotion. Jean was the opposite full of emotion regardless of logic. You can make an argument that that is a sexist trope but that is what Claremont stated in X-Men companion.

The original ending had her live.

Editorial felt that she had to die because she committed unwittingly a genocide. And it was some saw awful that could not be forgiven.

But Claremont saw the Shiar world as so far evolved above the human race that Lilandra having the ability to forgive Jean would be like someone forgiving Hitler. Again his words.

Jean died because editorial felt genocide was too far. And at the time there weren't many who committed it. Unlike now
    Ok I am confused about the frump part. Before Phoenix Jean wore a green minidress costume how the hell is that frumpy?

94031F33-0D5E-47D7-90BF-B9845FF3888A.jpg

Apparently this was deleted soon after. Big Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post

She literally wasn’t. Apparently, she wanted to work with the original cast.

Speaking of the original cast, where is Claremont’s take on Apocalypse at 32: 25.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    She literally wasn’t. Apparently, she wanted to work with the original cast.
    Just seems like such a public slap in the face for a well known producer to distance herself like that. Especially when she’s listed as a producer in the film’s credits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    There was a longer and much better cut of this movie.

I wouldn't be shocked if Fox decided to cut the movie down to under two hours in the hopes of getting more screenings in.
    I am thinking that possibly the biggest fault in the Fox films has been editing, maybe even more than the other issues. The characters that get the shaft in the final version tend to have decent scenes on the dvd - but always in the 'cut scenes' section rather than the theatrical cut. It's like they are constantly trying to focus on something other than the usual suspects but keep getting overruled by people who refuse to try anything new.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Just seems like such a public slap in the face for a well known producer to distance herself like that. Especially when she’s listed as a producer in the film’s credits.
    Singer’s name is also on the second seasons of Gifted and Legion, which he wasn’t really involved with. Its liked how Stan Lee gets producing credits on all the Marvel based films.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I am thinking that possibly the biggest fault in the Fox films has been editing, maybe even more than the other issues. The characters that get the shaft in the final version tend to have decent scenes on the dvd - but always in the 'cut scenes' section rather than the theatrical cut. It's like they are constantly trying to focus on something other than the usual suspects but keep getting overruled by people who refuse to try anything new.
    The editing is the worst because it also does the usual suspects dirty and the plot. Which is surprising since this had an Oscar nominated editor. So I think it’s the studio’s doing.

BANNED

Certified BRUH moment if I ever saw one this week.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wonder how much money this will make on the first week.
    Any estimates?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Any estimates?

The estimates are pretty low for a X-film. The bad buzz put many people have been on the fence and after the reviews dropped well...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Any estimates?
    Current earnings estimate is $33 million, according to sources.