Page 88 of 207 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I can figuratively and in some cases literally see the lines in their 'flying'. 20 years of these movies, and Fox still never figured that part out, while Aquaman nailed the underwater movements in one go.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can figuratively and in some cases literally see the lines in their 'flying'. 20 years of these movies, and Fox still never figured that part out, while Aquaman nailed the underwater movements in one go.
    Wouldn’t it make sense to compare them to people levitating in films?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Wouldn’t it make sense to compare them to people levitating in films?
    The movement quality underwater in Aquaman was analogous to flying. But yeah, there's better flying in lots of other movies too. This is like mid level-tv quality flying.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-14-2019 at 01:26 PM.

The movement quality underwater in Aquaman was analogue to flying. But yeah, there's better flying in lots of other movies too. This is like mid level-tv quality flying.
    She must go now, her planet needs her.

The movement quality underwater in Aquaman was analogue to flying. But yeah, there's better flying in lots of other movies too. This is like mid level-tv quality flying.
    lol parts like this make it a lil funner tho

I never took what they have done on the X-Films as just conventional flying as Mags and now Jean are basically using their mind to move their bodies rather than their bodies to move in the air. Magneto should look even more awkward unless he's wearing metal in all parts of his body. Which curiously they did do with Polaris on the Gifted.

Were any of the previous X-films marketed this hard?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I never took what they have done on the X-Films as just conventional flying as Mags and now Jean are basically using their mind to move their bodies rather than their bodies to move in the air. Magneto should look even more awkward unless he's wearing metal in all parts of his body. Which curiously they did do with Polaris on the Gifted.
    Still, Scarlet Witch and Vision have similar flying styles and they don't look nearly this B-Movie-ish. I never thought of it but when I look at those gifs and think back....yeah, this has been really poorly handled. Hilariously so almost.

But Fox never did quite figure out how to use anyone's powers except Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Quicksilver well. They were close on Iceman too I suppose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Were any of the previous X-films marketed this hard?
    Days of Future Past

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Still, Scarlet Witch and Vision have similar flying styles and they don't look nearly this B-Movie-ish. I never thought of it but when I look at those gifs and think back....yeah, this has been really poorly handled. Hilariously so almost.

But Fox never did quite figure out how to use anyone's powers except Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Quicksilver well. They were close on Iceman too I suppose.
    They never figured out how to showcase Wolverine's powers either. It was decent in Logan and that's the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    They never figured out how to showcase Wolverine's powers either. It was decent in Logan and that's the best of it.
    Sure they did. The exact same shot in every film where the wound heals up and the round plunks out, then Hugh tilts his head to the side to say “uh oh, you done fucked up now!”

Sometimes he sniffs the air too, but seriously who cares about his original powers when he can just be more and more ridiculously unkillable?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Sometimes he sniffs the air too, but seriously who cares about his original powers when he can just be more and more ridiculously unkillable?
    I mean it's been working in the comics.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I mean it's been working in the comics.
    Agreed. The downplaying/ignoring of his enhanced senses has been going on for years in the comics, and I don't blame them, as those powers as extremely situational. Unless you specifically write in a sequence to utilize said powers, they aren't likely to have any utility.

The two specific instances I can think of in the movies are when Logan smells Sabretooth in X-Men (after he's flung out the windshield of his camper) and when he hears the soldiers' footsteps in the mansion in X2. You could maybe make a claim that he heard the gunfire and such in the woods in the climax of Logan (right before he juiced up and joined the fray), but that's debatable. There could be some I'm missing, however.

As for the wirework/flying discussion, I'm all for practical effects/stunt work (as opposed to slathering unnecessary amounts of CGI onto everything), and those shots look good to me. Maybe I'm in the wrong, but I'm not one to condemn a movie (or their effects team) based on a two-second gif.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 05-15-2019 at 05:18 AM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    No they don’t. Scarlet Witch does not lift herself up with her mind. She flys by firing energy from her hands that rockets her into the air similar to Iron Man. Vision flies because of his density manipulation.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-15-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

As for the wirework/flying discussion, I'm all for practical effects/stunt work (as opposed to slathering unnecessary amounts of CGI onto everything), and those shots look good to me. Maybe I'm in the wrong, but I'm not one to condemn a movie (or their effects team) based on a two-second gif.
    So you don't see the wires they left in when Jean lifts up in the second gif? That's just sloppy. They did a lot of that in X1 too.