Page 96 of 207 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3103
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly this will probably the last thing we will see of any QuickSilver for a long time. I don't believe Wanda or Pietro will be retconned into mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The MCU version was much closer to how Quicksilver should be. The FoX-Men's Quicksilver action scene was interesting, but I think once is enough. Now Sonic the Hedgehog is gonna rip it off. I like that the MCU's had an accent, had a sister, and had cool powers.
    uhhh he wasn't a mutant...sooooo lol

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    nuevo clip
    why don't Prof X just mind control Beast or one of Magnetos other flunkies and knock off Eric's helmet ?

I see the European marketing team don't trust us to know what Dark Phoenix is. The film actually has X-Men in the title, unlike in the US.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sadly this will probably the last thing we will see of any QuickSilver for a long time. I don't believe Wanda or Pietro will be retconned into mutants.
    Sad, but true. I think Marvel and Disney are committed to making Wanda and Quicksilver into something else. Them being mutants just complicates that effort, which is a shame because for years, them being Magneto's children was a big part of their character. This movie might be the last time we see that dynamic.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Sad, but true. I think Marvel and Disney are committed to making Wanda and Quicksilver into something else. Them being mutants just complicates that effort, which is a shame because for years, them being Magneto's children was a big part of their character. This movie might be the last time we see that dynamic.
    Indeed. We've already seen that synergistic mindset infect the comics in Axis, where Quicksilver and Wanda were made to not be Magneto's kids because...reasons.

In regards to people arguing that the MCU Quicksilver is somehow better than the XCU version...WHA...?!

I know, opinions are opinions, but MCU QS is completely bland. He has no other personality aside from Stark hate, which he seems to share with half the villains in the MCU. Yeah, he's got a sister*, but that doesn't give him any more depth. The one personality quirk that he does have (taken from a deleted scene, no less. See below) is that he's a bit of a kleptomaniac, which, surprise surprise, is exactly like the XCU QS.

The only reason Pietro was in that movie was so that he could die to give Wanda some woman-pain (to appropriate the term).

Heck, outside of Age of Ultron, you'd be hard-pressed to remember that Pietro ever existed. Out of all the callbacks and obnoxious fanservice included in Endgame (I know I'm in the vast minority when I say that I don't like that movie, but it is what it is), they couldn't be bothered to mention him, even in passing. The kid sidekick from Iron Man 3 gets brought back, but Quicksilver isn't given any kind of acknowledgement. Not even from Hawkeye and Wanda, the two characters he interacted with the most in AoU, and those two have a big heart-to-heart at the end of Endgame.

You can like MCU Pietro more than the XCU: that's perfectly fine, but don't try to tell me that he was a better or more memorable character. That simply ain't the case.

*Since I've already mentioned deleted scenes, a DoFP deleted scene mentions that Peter has a second sister (the one we see is younger than him), which could intimate an XCU Wanda, though she's obviously never brought up in the actual film.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 05-23-2019 at 05:07 AM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

London

Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Indeed. We've already seen that synergistic mindset infect the comics in Axis, where Quicksilver and Wanda were made to not be Magneto's kids because...reasons.

In regards to people arguing that the MCU Quicksilver is somehow better than the XCU version...WHA...?!

I know, opinions are opinions, but MCU QS is completely bland. He has no other personality aside from Stark hate, which he seems to share with half the villains in the MCU. Yeah, he's got a sister*, but that doesn't give him any more depth. The one personality quirk that he does have (taken from a deleted scene, no less. See below) is that he's a bit of a kleptomaniac, which, surprise surprise, is exactly like the XCU QS.

The only reason Pietro was in that movie was so that he could die to give Wanda some woman-pain (to appropriate the term).

Heck, outside of Age of Ultron, you'd be hard-pressed to remember that Pietro ever existed. Out of all the callbacks and obnoxious fanservice included in Endgame (I know I'm in the vast minority when I say that I don't like that movie, but it is what it is), they couldn't be bothered to mention him, even in passing. The kid sidekick from Iron Man 3 gets brought back, but Quicksilver isn't given any kind of acknowledgement. Not even from Hawkeye and Wanda, the two characters he interacted with the most in AoU, and those two have a big heart-to-heart at the end of Endgame.

You can like MCU Pietro more than the XCU: that's perfectly fine, but don't try to tell me that he was a better or more memorable character. That simply ain't the case.

*Since I've already mentioned deleted scenes, a DoFP deleted scene mentions that Peter has a second sister (the one we see is younger than him), which could intimate an XCU Wanda, though she's obviously never brought up in the actual film.
    I don't want it this film should be about Jean being Phoenix only bad enough we Mystique death pain but if there is not a scene in Dark Phoenix where Pietro tells Magneto he's his son then sorry but MCU Quicksilver wins as a better character.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    ...if there is not a scene in Dark Phoenix where Pietro tells Magneto he's his son then sorry but MCU Quicksilver wins as a better character.
    I don't see how a potential missed story opportunity turns a bland character into a better one, but to each his or her won.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Emeli Sandé just released her music video in collaboration with the movie and holy hell, some great scenes with Storm with a little glimpse of Dazzler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnYsk7jfUTE

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't want it this film should be about Jean being Phoenix only bad enough we Mystique death pain but if there is not a scene in Dark Phoenix where Pietro tells Magneto he's his son then sorry but MCU Quicksilver wins as a better character.
    I hope their connection is finally acknowledged.
    Magneto seems pissed and Quicksilver probably dies after fighting Jean.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Emeli Sandé just released her music video in collaboration with the movie and holy hell, some great scenes with Storm with a little glimpse of Dazzler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnYsk7jfUTE
    This was cute!

Dazzler looks amazing, and Storm's wind effects looks pretty cool. I'm excited to see something other than the lightning. Scott putting his hand on Jean's shoulder to reassure her was super cute.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't see why not. They've brought 4 people back from the dead in the span of one year in. It's not a question if they will, but rather if they care to give any time to that story. It was practically 2 pages to retcon it. They can easily write two pages to undo it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    uhhh he wasn't a mutant...sooooo lol
    He's got more characteristics like the ones I mentioned that the MCU gets right. I just remember the FoX-Men's "Peter" as a one trick poney with the overused special effects scene.

You have my attention movie...there is a lip and gif of the exploding planet

Also Dazzler gif on twitter.

Trying to get just the IMG not the msg
    Last edited by MaddieGrey; 05-23-2019 at 03:05 PM.