Page 170 of 207 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Another apocalypse tie in was storm’s statement to Scott regarding jean killing mystique:

“Sometimes you want to believe someone is something they’re not... then when you find out who they really are, it’s too late.” she’s referring to her experience following apocalypse.
    It also helps you understand why Xavier did what he did. The idea that she is going to hurt someone was tearing her a part so the knowledge that she killed her mother would have been too much to bear.

I saw the film and liked it.

Didn't really care for Beast's arc tho.

BANNED

I will watch it again on VOD. And thankfully this filmed killed off the Dark Phoenix saga, so Jean/Phoenix can do other things when she is added to MCU.

And yes, the film suffered enormously due to the lack of marketing because of the merger and the changing dates and the news about the reshoots did not help. I think most people figured they would wait to see it on VOD.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    One of the biggest tragedies of this universe is that we never got to see Magneto acknowledging Peter as his son.
    This is the closest thing we will ever get.

https://youtu.be/qbge6t0Fcz8?t=100

(the video was originally linked on this topic https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...about_fox_not/ )

Evan: “Yeah he’s (Peter) is a little weird. He’s pretty fast and he’s (points at Michael) is my dad. That’s pretty much it. “

Host: “You’re fast and weird?”

Evan: “Fast and weird.”

Host: “You know, I know people who are fast and weird and they are not X-Men. What is this special thing about you, you just can’t be everything but you’re fast and weird.”

Evan:” He’s so, he’s so fast. And weird.”

Host: “He’s very weird and very fast.”

Evan” Yeah. That’s his power.”

Host: “Alright. So what’s your (Erik’s) superpower?”

Fassy: “I control the Earth’s magnetic field.”

Host: “That’s much cooler than just being fast.”

Fassy: “Yeah, well, he’s still developing….”

Host: “Is he a disappointment as a son? You’re controlling the magnetic field and he’s like, weird?”

Fassy: “No I’m very proud of him, like I said, he broke me out of prison!”

Evan: “Thanks dad!”

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

It's not like they had three movies where Magneto and Quicksilver encounter each other.

Or that those movies span three decades.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Poor Lord Claremont, trying to rationalize his way into thinking these Fox-Men films didn't ravage his legacy.
    Maybe he just doesn't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I will watch it again on VOD. And thankfully this filmed killed off the Dark Phoenix saga, so Jean/Phoenix can do other things when she is added to MCU.
    What "other things?"
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's not like they had three movies where Magneto and Quicksilver encounter each other.

Or that those movies span three decades.
    Yeah... I wonder if the people writing it even remembered they are father and son

More conceptual art Houston Sharp Jean Grey final form

BANNED

All this nonsense that's not in the movie.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I just saw DP today. Considering that my little town has really low cost matinees, I thought it was worth the money. I liked it better than X-3 anyway even if it was completely humorless. I think part of the problem was that it was rushed, and although it should pull on your heartstrings it doesn't. Jean's reason for her sacrifice falls flat because they never bothered to really build up the relationship between Xavier and Jean, or Jean with her other team members. Then there is the presence of Mystique as their team leader instead of Scott, and also Magneto. I hope they release the extended version because there was definitely a feeling of missing elements.

Question, I don't remember the D'bari as an alien species in the Marvel Universe. Did they pull these from somewhere or make them up? I have to ask myself if they were going to bring in aliens, why not the Shi'ar from the original story. Given the budget of this movie they could have done better, although it's obvious this movie was far below some of the MCU budgets.

Also, rather than using other known mutants, they throw in a few unknowns. Are there not enough mutants in the X-books that they could have used characters that we would recognize.

Favorite parts: The scene with Dazzler was fun, good action scenes, especially Kurt's fight scenes. Space scene was okay but the Blackbird seemed so much smaller than in other movies.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post

Question, I don't remember the D'bari as an alien species in the Marvel Universe. Did they pull these from somewhere or make them up? I have to ask myself if they were going to bring in aliens, why not the Shi'ar from the original story. Given the budget of this movie they could have done better, although it's obvious this movie was far below some of the MCU budgets.
    The D'BAri are the alien race that were wiped out by Dark Phoenix in the original comics

They do appear (a few survivors) in some She-Hulk and Nova stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Space scene was okay but the Blackbird seemed so much smaller than in other movies.
    It seemed to me that this wasn't the Blackbird at all, but a smaller vehicle.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Evan: “Yeah he’s (Peter) is a little weird. He’s pretty fast and he’s (points at Michael) is my dad. That’s pretty much it. “

Host: “You’re fast and weird?”

Evan: “Fast and weird.”

Host: “You know, I know people who are fast and weird and they are not X-Men. What is this special thing about you, you just can’t be everything but you’re fast and weird.”

Evan:” He’s so, he’s so fast. And weird.”

Host: “He’s very weird and very fast.”

Evan” Yeah. That’s his power.”

Host: “Alright. So what’s your (Erik’s) superpower?”

Fassy: “I control the Earth’s magnetic field.”

Host: “That’s much cooler than just being fast.”

Fassy: “Yeah, well, he’s still developing….”

Host: “Is he a disappointment as a son? You’re controlling the magnetic field and he’s like, weird?”

Fassy: “No I’m very proud of him, like I said, he broke me out of prison!”

Evan: “Thanks dad!”

[/img]
    I love Fassy

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

More conceptual art Houston Sharp Jean Grey final form
    Wow! That is beautiful.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.