Page 152 of 207 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Seems that even the team on Dark Phoenix are team Marvel.

Meanwhile, one former Fox executive notes, “If the merger didn’t happen, some of these people would be worried about their jobs. If the merger didn’t happen, people would be clamoring for Fox to do what Sony did with Spider-Man and ask for Marvel’s help.”
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Even in this article if the sources are insiders they are STILL not getting the correct takeaways from the flopping. Audience fatigue? The release dates?

Nope. They still haven't targeted the writing, the story, why Apocolypse failed. They relied on people coming to see any mediocre crap they put out just because it had the name Xmen attached.

It will hit them again with New Mutants and they will wonder why it flopped. I was interested in the Horror take of New Mutants actually. But these people just don't get these characters and they don't get why the films are so hit and miss, more miss...

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Even in this article if the sources are insiders they are STILL not getting the correct takeaways from the flopping. Audience fatigue? The release dates?

Nope. They still haven't targeted the writing, the story, why Apocolypse failed. They relied on people coming to see any mediocre crap they put out just because it had the name Xmen attached.

It will hit them again with New Mutants and they will wonder why it flopped. I was interested in the Horror take of New Mutants actually. But these people just don't get these characters and they don't get why the films are so hit and miss, more miss...
    True, they are still clueless about why the movies failed. It wasn't release dates or fatigue for sure

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

They've depended on the name too much. Before, their only compentition/comic book movie reference was Batman. They have a long list of more successful heroes they had to compete with now. Plus, now with the internet, word of mouth, Rotten Tomatoes, and youtube trailers are more important than when they first began.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    True, they are still clueless about why the movies failed. It wasn't release dates or fatigue for sure
    Box Office experts even say it was a major factor. Just look at Secret Life of Pets 2 which is barley making more than this movie. That’s a sequel to a beloved movie that made over 800+ million dollars.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-10-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Probably they think it's because people missed Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. Lol

Box Office experts even say it was a major factor. Just look at Secret Life of Pets 2 which is barley making more than this movie. A sequel to a beloved movie that made over 800+ million dollars.
    SLoP2 also was uninspired. People aren't suckers anymore. Even if you do a great job one time, you have to keep bringing it. People have a plethora of entertainment options these days, most of which don't require getting dressed/driving to the theater to pay $10+ per person, never mind the concessions. Hollywood in general has to up their game if they want to see those box office dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    SLoP2 also was uninspired. People aren't suckers anymore. Even if you do a great job one time, you have to keep bringing it. People have a plethora of entertainment options these days, most of which don't require getting dressed/driving to the theater to pay $10+ per person, never mind the concessions. Hollywood in general has to up their game if they want to see those box office dollars.
    That movie’s critical reception isn’t far from Aladdin’s though, which is doing gangbusters.

Box Office experts even say it was a major factor. Just look at Secret Life of Pets 2 which is barley making more than this movie. That’s a sequel to a beloved movie that made over 800+ million dollars.
    many sequelos do less because maybe people aren't interested on sequels

BANNED

That movie’s critical reception isn’t far from Aladdin’s though, which is doing gangbusters.
    Gee. It's almost like release date didn't matter for Aladdin. I mean, if it was about release date it seems odd that a movie released just two weeks ago destroyed this movie's take. Or how a movie released last week (Rocketman) almost did as much in box office despite being nowhere close to a summer movie blockbuster. Or how Godzilla, also with poor reviews, made 20M more.

Nothing about what those "experts" are saying adds up. What does add up is the movie was bland. The advertising was bland. And no amount of falling on your sword for it about release dates is going to make that make sense.

Spectacular Member

People wanted to see Aladdin because they loved the original and wanted to see the live action remake regardless of reviews. I question whether SLOP was really loved despite all the money it made. Sometimes films make money like Depps Alice in Wonderland even though few people actually liked it afterward.

Aladdin is a re-imagining of a beloved Disney cartoon, with one of the few remaining movie stars left in Hollywood in it.

SLoP2 is, by what I am hearing as I haven't seen the first or second one, a collection of short vignettes, rather than a coherent film; something that would be better on streaming.

33 M?

I predicted 25-30. I cant believe i was off by 3M.

Kinberg et al should be ashamed.

Too many MCU only (Or to a lesser extend DCU only) fan boys, FROTHING at the mouth for this film to fail. was it a great film - no. Was it a bad film, no. It was an average film. When I left I left wanting more, not wishing I'd never seen it in the first place. I swear, there are so many people that think automatically that a movie is complete shite if Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, Batman, Deadpool or Spider-Man aren't in it and prejudge it as crap a year before it comes out. That everything that the MCU touches is gold and everything they don't isn't. (and again, to a lesser extent, same for the DCU but we all know THEY'RE wrong.) Go on, say you didn't, you know you did. And note I'm NOT saying it's a perfect film. But it wasn't a disaster, either. Could you, would you, ever possibility even consider to say the same about any MCU movie?

You know what ? Screw ya'll. The fact that you all don't like somethign doesn't negate the fact that there are people that do. If we'd had that kind of majority mindset we'd all be watching animated disney movies and westerns since the 1960s. ** I was going to get really political but besides I don't want to get banned.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 06-10-2019 at 07:08 PM.