Page 153 of 207 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

Nothing about what those "experts" are saying adds up. What does add up is the movie was bland. The advertising was bland. And no amount of falling on your sword for it about release dates is going to make that make sense.
    It doesn’t add up to you because this isn’t really your field.

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    People wanted to see Aladdin because they loved the original and wanted to see the live action remake regardless of reviews. I question whether SLOP was really loved despite all the money it made. Sometimes films make money like Depps Alice in Wonderland even though few people actually liked it afterward.
    It has good ratings on all the movie sites.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-10-2019 at 07:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    It doesn’t add up to you because this isn’t really your field.
    Or because I'm not cherry picking that one reason in articles that give several. (Including the ones I've said)

Seems strange to say another movie is doing "gangbusters" but, gosh darnit, the X-men just couldn't do anything to sell tickets this time of year.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Or because I'm not cherry picking that one reason in articles that give several. (Including the ones I've said)
    I’m not cherry picking because I never said that was the sole reason. I said it was a major factor.

Seems strange to say another movie is doing "gangbusters" but, gosh darnit, the X-men just couldn't do anything to sell tickets this time of year.
    You’re not really familiar with Box Office competition, are you?

Triple negative. Spicy.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I’m not cherry picking because I never said that was the sole reason. I said it was a major factor.

You’re not really familiar with Box Office competition, are you?
    You think the people who went to see Aladdin would have otherwise gone to Phoenix? At most they record an extra 24M and it's STILL a weak opening.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that the two movies probably have a more limited cross-appeal than SLOP and Aladdin. If any movie had Aladdin steal from their gross it's probably that movie.

Please stay on topic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Ask Claremont those are his words from X-Men companion but it wasn't just Claremont and Byrne who thought that

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-phoenix-je...-dave-cockrum/
    Hey man I was wondering do you still have the New X-Men omnibus and if you do could you make a post showing Morrison’s Manifesto for the book? Thank you!

All-New Member

I thought the movie was pretty bad. I mean they didn’t even get the look of the characters right. Logan should have been the end tbh.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought this article pretty accurately explains why this film did as poorly as it did:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...opped-working/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Saw it Sunday. I enjoyed it. I feel that if this came out in 2006 instead of Last Stand, it would have been received much better.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Saw it Sunday. I enjoyed it. I feel that if this came out in 2006 instead of Last Stand, it would have been received much better.
    lol that would be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    lol that would be a stretch.
    Well there would had been that 2006 confusion of Why is Mystique an X-Man? Just Kidding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Part of the poor reception is this is the last of the franchise due to the Disney takeover. People are sad about that as well, and it affects their perception of things. Deadpool is one of the few confirmed actors to be kept around for MCU, though there are rumors than New Mutants, now that it’s being reshot again are being reshot to take place in MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Too many MCU only (Or to a lesser extend DCU only) fan boys, FROTHING at the mouth for this film to fail. was it a great film - no. Was it a bad film, no. It was an average film. When I left I left wanting more, not wishing I'd never seen it in the first place. I swear, there are so many people that think automatically that a movie is complete shite if Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, Batman, Deadpool or Spider-Man aren't in it and prejudge it as crap a year before it comes out. That everything that the MCU touches is gold and everything they don't isn't. (and again, to a lesser extent, same for the DCU but we all know THEY'RE wrong.) Go on, say you didn't, you know you did. And note I'm NOT saying it's a perfect film. But it wasn't a disaster, either. Could you, would you, ever possibility even consider to say the same about any MCU movie?

You know what ? Screw ya'll. The fact that you all don't like somethign doesn't negate the fact that there are people that do. If we'd had that kind of majority mindset we'd all be watching animated disney movies and westerns since the 1960s. ** I was going to get really political but besides I don't want to get banned.
    Yes. Any individual person is just as entitled to have their own opinion as the next. Despite the bad press, internationally the film grossed 136 million at the box office. Not spectacular, but it also means they will get the money they spent on their investment returned. No XMan movie has ever lost money and this will be no different. You can throw misogyny in the mix as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yes. Any individual person is just as entitled to have their own opinion as the next. Despite the bad press, internationally the film grossed 136 million at the box office. Not spectacular, but it also means they will get the money they spent on their investment returned. No XMan movie has ever lost money and this will be no different. You can throw misogyny in the mix as well.
    It's already estimated this film will lose 100 to 120 million.