Page 64 of 207 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The "Dark Phoenix" trailer put together with "Avengers: Endgame". This is fantastic. More resonance and promotion for my beloved X-Men.

It's a nice time to be a true X-Men fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    The "Dark Phoenix" trailer put together with "Avengers: Endgame". This is fantastic. More resonance and promotion for my beloved X-Men.

I don't care if X-Men, Star Wars, Star Trek, the MCU, Dr. Who or whatever no one owns fandom so please stop with the " True Fan" nonsense.

BANNED

You know I'm right, Jack Napier79.

You know I'm right, Jack Napier79.
    There's no need for gatekeeping. Everyone's allowed to like what they like and still call themselves a fan. There's no threshold for being a "true fan."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    There's no need for gatekeeping. Everyone's allowed to like what they like and still call themselves a fan. There's no threshold for being a "true fan."
    I wasn't accusing anyone. We're all true fans. Re-read my original post

It's referred to all of us.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-23-2019 at 11:50 AM.

I wasn't accusing anyone. We're all true fans. Re-read my original post

It's referred to all of us.
    I'm really not getting that implication there from your original post. What is true vs. untrue? Why even put in the qualifier "true" to begin with if you mean all fans? Are there false fans? Who makes that decision?

Yeah, I'm with Joker on this one. No one owns a fandom and so no one dictates what a "true fan" is, no matter the spin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm really not getting that implication there from your original post. What is true vs. untrue? .
    I don't own the fandom. You're seeing things that aren't there.

Enjoy the movies. They are adult, brilliant, deep superhero movies. Real masterpieces. You're gonna miss them in the future to come.

Enjoy the movies. They are adult, brilliant, deep superhero movies. Real masterpieces. You're gonna miss them in the future to come.
    Logan and Deadpool were adult. Dark Phoenix and all the others are for the family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Logan and Deadpool were adult. Dark Phoenix and all the others are for the family.
    Deadpool was funny and mostly played for laughs. Nothing wrong with it, even.
    In "The Last Stand", watching Phoenix dissolving Xavier in a very scary way is not family-friendly at all, as well as the vast majority of themes and sequences featured in the X-Men movies.
    Blood is not the only type of "violence".
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-23-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Deadpool was funny and mostly played for laughs. Nothing wrong with it, even.
    In "The Last Stand", watching Phoenix dissolving Xavier in a very scary way is not family-friendly at all, as well as the vast majority of themes and sequences featured in the X-Men movies.
    Blood is not the only type of "violence".
    Doesn’t change the fact that deadpool was rated r. It still was adult compared to the main x-men movies. And most people started watching the x-men movies at a young age. I was around 9 or 10 when I saw the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Doesn’t change the fact that deadpool was rated r. It still was adult compared to the main x-men movies. And most people started watching the x-men movies at a young age. I was around 9 or 10 when I saw the first one.
    The US is crazy. X-3 had piles of corpses. Deadpool had a mountain of them. Yet if we had seen five seconds of Ryan Reynolds' dick or Famke Janssen's ****, it would have been X-rated.

Sex is a part of human existence that virtually all humans will engage in at some points in their lives (pour one out for the virgins: men, women, and the technicolor rainbow in between). You imply it is occurring, it's instantly R.

Murder is one of the absolute worst things a human can do. But you can imply it in G-rated films, and show it in PG. It's messed up.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The US is crazy. X-3 had piles of corpses. Deadpool had a mountain of them. Yet if we had seen five seconds of Ryan Reynolds' dick or Famke Janssen's ****, it would have been X-rated.

Sex is a part of human existence that virtually all humans will engage in at some points in their lives (pour one out for the virgins: men, women, and the technicolor rainbow in between). You imply it is occurring, it's instantly R.

Murder is one of the absolute worst things a human can do. But you can imply it in G-rated films, and show it in PG. It's messed up.
    Scott’s death was offscreen and Xavier’s “death” was a fake-out. Pretty much all the on-screen deaths were in the final battle and they were all background characters, with the exception of Jean.

When one main character dies it is a tragedy. When a million background characters die, it is a statistic.

That is not full scope of X-men movies at Fox, For every good film there was a stinker. For every time they got X-men right narratively,They have gotten X-men way wrong as well. We aren't going to miss them they aren't going anywhere. You can still watch them over and over.

In the future we are going to have X-men movies again with many of same people who work on the Fox movies working on MCU ones they are same company now. The tone of MCU movies contrary to what people believe has always been decided by the character and the story(and Director) and the two of most adult brilliant deep superheroes movies are CA :Winter Soldier and Black Panther because story content and character lead to that type of movie.

Whatever is loss from an era closing is gain by new era starting as "True Fan" you should be looking forward to stuff like seeing "the Original 5 X-men Iceman,Beast,Cyclops,Angel and Jean Grey on screen together" or seeing all new different x-men on screen together Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus" or "X-men playing baseball" or "X-men relationship like Gambit and Rogue, Kitty and Colossus, Angel and Psylocke" or great storyline that have not been told like the "Mutant massacre, E is for Extinction, Fatal Attractions, Messiah Complex, Inferno, etc". Just saying as fan after Dark Phoenix there is plenty to look forward to in the future.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-24-2019 at 02:38 AM.