Page 57 of 207 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I honestly doubt sophie or anybody else from the current cast will cross to the MCU.

maybe it will be for the best to start from zero.
    Game of Thrones helps big time. Plus if this movie is a hit, I’m pretty sure she cross over. There’s no reason for them not too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    DP won't be in the MCU. He works because he is R-rated. The MCU works because it isn't.
    Deadpool has been states by Feige himself to be in the MCU.

https://hnentertainment.co/kevin-fei...n-team-member/

He is officially being included in the MCU without a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Game of Thrones helps big time. Plus if this movie is a hit, I’m pretty sure she cross over. There’s no reason for them not too.
    It won't crossover,being a success or not

47/% on RT. Lowest grossing X-film. I wouldn't call it a "global hit"
    people are delusional. Apoalypse wasn't a flop, but far away from being a global hit

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Deadpool isn't going to be in the MCU. He's going to stay R-rated under the 20th Century Fox banner. That was all but confirmed by Alan Horn at CinemaCon.

That said, I doubt he's getting the reboot treatment. We'll see what happens with X-Force, though.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    And why do you think that happened?
    Lot of factors:

1. DoFP really felt like a swan song to the OG X-Men trilogy which was actually pretty popular back in the day. It had the OG cast members back and Wolverine in a central role in a team movie for the first time in a decade. Apocalypse was mostly a new cast of newcomers the audience didn't really care for and they tried to make JLaw's Mystique the new Wolverine and it didn't work.

2. Poor marketing. I remember none of the trailers really making an impact compared to the DoFP trailers which were genuinely pretty popular and generated excitement. Also, ,ost of the hype going into that year were with BvS and Civil War (the prior which didn't live up to the hype and the latter that did very well). Apocalypse was mostly forgotten about

3. Poor reviews. That obviously hurt word of mouth and its legs

Not gonna happen. Feige is not gonna deal with the baggage of the Fox timelines when he can just reboot. He's made it this far by controlling the narrative of the MCU really carefully. Why would he let Kingsburg's plans from the last few years derail him?
    Last edited by The Kid; 04-15-2019 at 06:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Deadpool isn't going to be in the MCU. He's going to stay R-rated under the 20th Century Fox banner. That was all but confirmed by Alan Horn at CinemaCon.

That said, I doubt he's getting the reboot treatment. We'll see what happens with X-Force, though.
    Iger said he can also appear pg-13 in MCU properties.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Lot of factors:

1. DoFP really felt like a swan song to the OG X-Men trilogy which was actually pretty popular back in the day. It had the OG cast members back and Wolverine in a central role in a team movie for the first time in a decade. Apocalypse was mostly a new cast of newcomers the audience didn't really care for and they tried to make JLaw's Mystique the new Wolverine and it didn't work.

2. Poor marketing. I remember none of the trailers really making an impact compared to the DoFP trailers which were genuinely pretty popular and generated excitement. Also, ,ost of the hype going into that year were with BvS and Civil War (the prior which didn't live up to the hype and the latter that did very well). Apocalypse was mostly forgotten about

Not gonna happen. Feige is not gonna deal with the baggage of the Fox timelines when he can just reboot. He's made it this far by controlling the narrative of the MCU really carefully. Why would he let Kingsburg's plans from the last few years derail him?
    When did I said that there would be no reboot?

I just said MCU is free to retain any individual actors they chose to, and the one confirmed retained is Deadpool.

They could retain Sophie if Dark Phoenix does well, yes even in a rebooted universe. Basically the current phase of MCU is coming to an end as well, but some actors are being retained for the future of the MCU,

When did I said that there would be no reboot?

I just said MCU is free to retain any individual actors they chose to, and the one confirmed retained is Deadpool.

They could retain Sophie if Dark Phoenix does well, yes even in a rebooted universe. Basically the current phase of MCU is coming to an end as well, but some actors are being retained for the future of the MCU,
    They could use the actress for other roles, but even that is unlikely

Iger said he can also appear pg-13 in MCU properties.
    While it's certainly possible, I don't know how likely that is. Feige has enough new characters at his disposal without having to double-dip with Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Feige has enough new characters at his disposal without having to double-dip with Wade.
    I wouldn't mind double dipping Wade

Astonishing Member

Keep in mind a lot of old school comic book fans are extremely sexist and misogynistic. They attempted to bury Captain Marvel, which BLEW it out of the WATER...
    Let’s not equate people who are tired of the Fox men with sexism...especially since one of the reasons some are tired of the Fox men is because they failed most of the female characters in the movies...

DP won't be in the MCU. He works because he is R-rated. The MCU works because it isn't.
    Deadpool can work in the MCU the same way he worked in the XCU, by basically functioning in his own little universe and making jokes about the ‘main’ universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I wouldn't mind double dipping Wade

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Lot of factors:

They weren’t considering that was originally going to be her last X-film.

Given his meta nature and the ending of Deadpool 2, I think he can get away with that. Deadpool has already shown up in a few of Marvel's cartoons. In fact, he was the only Fox character who was even allowed to show up in Marvel's animated world. I think his popularity is such that bringing him into the MCU makes too much sense.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.