Page 157 of 207 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Singer went AWOL on DOFP and Apocalypse.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/br...dy-1202148666/

No need to be so combative and nearly a hour of footage is is not a “handful” of minutes. The main criticism of this movie is that it’s too short and insanely rushed.
    I agree with that. The extra time will help make it better and more complete, at least to me. I want to see the full, uncut version.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It's over. Throw the dirt on this latest debacle and move on people. Director cuts are nothing more than the hope that an extra handful of minutes will magically turn a bad movie into a good one. You might as well hope for pixie dust while you're at it.
    "That's not how the Force works." A good director's cut can fix a movie, improve it, or weaken it; it all depends on how it's recut and what the footage and structure of the film is; the director's cut of Batman v. Superman does fix some things with the movie and is the best version of it for a reason, but it's still a bad movie because the problems with that film go beyond stuff that should've been left in getting cut and all that.

In the case of Dark Phoenix, I could see a director's cut "fixing" the movie. The framework of the story is solid, with most of the problems lying in things that weren't explained that well that, if there is footage with those pieces, would be an improvement. Besides, I like director's cuts on these things, so I would be in favor, anyways.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    "That's not how the Force works." A good director's cut can fix a movie, improve it, or weaken it; it all depends on how it's recut and what the footage and structure of the film is; the director's cut of Batman v. Superman does fix some things with the movie and is the best version of it for a reason, but it's still a bad movie because the problems with that film go beyond stuff that should've been left in getting cut and all that.

In the case of Dark Phoenix, I could see a director's cut "fixing" the movie. The framework of the story is solid, with most of the problems lying in things that weren't explained that well that, if there is footage with those pieces, would be an improvement. Besides, I like director's cuts on these things, so I would be in favor, anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree with that. The extra time will help make it better and more complete, at least to me. I want to see the full, uncut version.
    There seems to a growing consensus that an extended cut of this movie is worth seeing. I loved what I saw in the theater, but it definitely left me wanting more. There were scenes in the trailers that clearly got cut. Some of those scenes could've really added weight to certain moments. I hope we get to see that. And if we do, I submit that the extended cut be called "Dark Phoenix Reborn."
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Pfft, what could go wrong? Kinburg clearly gets the story: It's about the love of Wolverine and Jean. Let him have an extra hour, I'm sure he completely nailed the story with that extra time. It wouldn't, in any way, only depress us further.

It's over. Throw the dirt on this latest debacle and move on people. Director cuts are nothing more than the hope that an extra handful of minutes will magically turn a bad movie into a good one. You might as well hope for pixie dust while you're at it.
    You don't want the director's cut? Fine. DON'T BUY IT. But some os WOULD like one.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Did not like the movie but have to admit all the scenes I was looking forward to were in the trailer and not the movie...

On one hand I think they would stand by the movie they put out, especially under Marvel's thumb who made them change stuff in the first place, so why would they change their minds now? Also I would imagine the original version's effects are not finalized....
    On the other hand, the only way this thing is gonna sell DVDs is if it's an alternate version...hm...

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Did not like the movie but have to admit all the scenes I was looking forward to were in the trailer and not the movie...

On one hand I think they would stand by the movie they put out, especially under Marvel's thumb who made them change stuff in the first place, so why would they change their minds now? Also I would imagine the original version's effects are not finalized....
    On the other hand, the only way this thing is gonna sell DVDs is if it's an alternate version...hm...
    Maybe, but I don't think they gonna release another cut.

BANNED

Every X-Men home release has nearly an hour of deleted scenes. Dark Phoenix probably will as well. You can cut and paste together your own Kinberg cut if you want. Stop acting like Snyder fools.

#ReleaseTheKinbergCarrotCake
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

#DoesItHaveCreamCheeseFrosting

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    #DoesItHaveCreamCheeseFrosting
    It was suppose to have cream cheese frosting then at the last minute Fox cut the budget and they went buttercream.

Astonishing Member

Those monsters!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Every X-Men home release has nearly an hour of deleted scenes. Dark Phoenix probably will as well. You can cut and paste together your own Kinberg cut if you want. Stop acting like Snyder fools.
    Why can’t we speculate?

Word is that a longer edit exists and that Fox trimmed it down to get more screenings per day because they anticipated failure.

Months ago John Campea did say that Fox was literally panicking and didn’t know what to do with movie. I remember a few months ago it was reported that this would be over 2 hours long.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-14-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Deadline seems to have their prediction for Dark Phoenix in weekend 2:

Fox/Disney’s Dark Phoenix is dropping from the sky in weekend 2 with $7.6M in 6th, -77% with a 10-day total of $50.3M.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/men-in-...ce-1202632705/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Singer went AWOL on DOFP and Apocalypse.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/br...dy-1202148666/

No need to be so combative and nearly a hour of footage is is not a “handful” of minutes. The main criticism of this movie is that it’s too short and insanely rushed.
    It's highly unlikely it's a full hour of usable footage. And what does exist may be disjointed with what you saw.

I understand the desire to see it, what I don't understand is the optimism about it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Deadline seems to have their prediction for Dark Phoenix in weekend 2:

Fox/Disney’s Dark Phoenix is dropping from the sky in weekend 2 with $7.6M in 6th, -77% with a 10-day total of $50.3M.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/men-in-...ce-1202632705/
    Damn! They really screwed up.