Page 101 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3103

So there is a lighthearted kids version of the Dark Phoenix ad on twitter w new footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    People like both Sansa's character and Turner's acting: https://www.insider.com/game-of-thro...rmances-2019-4
    And I can see why. Turner is a good actress. She convinced me of that before she got cast as Jean Grey in Game of Thrones. She can emote and inhabit a role in a way that’s necessary for a character like Jean. That’s something I don’t think Famke got a chance to do. She’s a great actress too, but she never got a chance to change her facial expression more than once in a movie. Turner got more chances in X-Men Apocalypse and she made the most of them. That’s why I believe she can handle Dark Phoenix.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

It looks like the main Dutch theater franchise is skipping out of showing DP except in IMAX theaters (which is only a couple throughout the country). I've never seen that with ANY movie, let alone a blockbuster.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

It looks like the main Dutch theater franchise is skipping out of showing DP except in IMAX theaters (which is only a couple throughout the country). I've never seen that with ANY movie, let alone a blockbuster.
    Reasoning?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Reasoning?
    I dunno. I sent Pathé (the theater chain) a tweet asking if it will be shown in regular theaters.

BANNED

I got a message back saying they will start selling tickets this week and Monday at the latest. Possible the non-IMAX screenings will premiere later.

People like both Sansa's character and Turner's acting: https://www.insider.com/game-of-thro...rmances-2019-4
    That was back in April. GoT season 8 was severely criticised. Actually a lot fans had problems with the way Sansa was written (for this season). Going behind Jon's back which led to Dany's madness and then taking advantage of Jon's exile, being an ungrateful bitch etc. Personally, I don't have a problem with Sophie Turner, thought she was great as Sansa...Jean on the other hand? The previews don't really convince me, she's coming off a bit stiff in parts, but we'll wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    That was back in April. GoT season 8 was severely criticised. Actually a lot fans had problems with the way Sansa was written (for this season). Going behind Jon's back which led to Dany's madness and then taking advantage of Jon's exile, being an ungrateful bitch etc. Personally, I don't have a problem with Sophie Turner, thought she was great as Sansa...Jean on the other hand? The previews don't really convince me, she's coming off a bit stiff in parts, but we'll wait and see.
    Dany was on the path in Season 7 when she started killing soldiers who refused to Bend the Knee so blaming Sansa is misplaced and the people who blame an actress who only did her job is lunacy.

There are a lot of fans who greatly dislike Sansa since she was so annoying in Season 1 and throughout the books. On the show, Sansa got better after the so-called "Dark Sansa" moment in Season 5: (https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+sansa). That may have been why she was cast as Jean. Sansa went from less of a victim for a short period until something even worse happened to her. In Season 8, the Dany vs Sansa conflict resulted in a lot of hate towards the character and Sophie. The massive Freefolk Subreddit (over a million members, and the people behind the Season 8 petition) is entirely against Sansa for breaking her oath.

Sophie is so strongly associated with the role of Sansa and people have very strong feelings about the character and that's the exact target market for the X-Men movies. The problem is Sansa is honestly a complete b***ch and that's not how I see Jean. Jean's downfall in Dark Phoenix would work better if played by an actress who is far more likable. That's honestly the issue with Season 8 of Game of Thrones. Emilia Clarke is too likable and what happens to her character fans don't agree with.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 05-28-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Pretty sure most people stopped hating Sansa after a while. The only ones who kept hating on her throughout the whole show were the incel types. Some people(including me) did think she suddenly got annoying on season 8, but most people realize it was because of the writers doing a bad job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Dany was on the path in Season 7 when she started killing soldiers who refused to Bend the Knee so blaming Sansa is misplaced and the people who blame an actress who only did her job is lunacy.
    LOL. Those people were on war against her. She won the battle, they refused to leave her enemy's side, it's just normal stuff to execute them. Just because she used a dragon instead of a sword doesn't make her crazy.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-28-2019 at 10:30 AM.

I don’t know if she’d be up for signing on to a franchise. Saoirse was up for Wanda in AOU and (allegedly) didn’t want to commit to a role like that.

Sophie’s not great and not bad, but when DP sucks it won’t be her fault. I feel bad so many talented actors have got sucked into the dregs of the Fox machine. Anna Taylor Joy and Maisie Williams are amazing actors. The other younguns in DP have great performances under their belt.

ETA: Fassbender’s not even trying. He’s dressing like John Wayne in the Quiet Man to all the promo events.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Seems like Jean’s voice will be altered slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure most people stopped hating Sansa after a while. The only ones who kept hating on her throughout the whole show were the incel types. Some people(including me) did think she suddenly got annoying on season 8, but most people realize it was because of the writers doing a bad job.

LOL. Those people were on war against her. She won the battle, they refused to leave her enemy's side, it's just normal stuff to execute them. Just because she used a dragon instead of a sword doesn't make her crazy.
    Even Tyrion begged her not to it was no better than what Cersei did to Missandei except Dany was showing a penchant for the fire like her crazy daddy. So again any Stan blaming Sansa or by default ST is lunacy.