Page 146 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    When you enjoy or love something that's common. Everyone in my family has flaws but if you ask me about them I'll focus on the things I love about them. If you ask me about someone that annoys me then I go the opposite direction.

Most people aren't above giving the Fox movies some credit. They're just not going to gush about it considering their general feeling towards them is disdain. And here on an X-board? The passion runs extra hot.
    That's a pretty good point and an accurate observation.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I feel like "Vuk" could have easily been Emma Frost and her trying to recruit Jean into the Hellfire Club. They just couldn't use Emma's name because it would have costed to much money.

This movie was another lifeless movie full of posturing and special effects. I'm kinda sad that Sophie Turner involved herself with these movies but she is an iconic Jean.
    They could not use Emma because they already wasted her in First Class

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They could not use Emma because they already wasted her in First Class
    More like killing her Banshee, Angel Salvatore, Azazel, and Riptide (Okay Riptide is forgivable) but killing the rest off screen in DOFP was dumb and short sighted.

Just saw the movie, and as much as I wanted to love it....sorry this is not dark Phoenix adaptation, absolutely no chill down my spine, just flat , no emotions, the connection between the characters haven't been established well enough so we don't care for them, we don't care for Jean because she didn't have time to become the heroine we love, a glimpse of what jean should have been is given to mystique but not to Jean, there is no phoenix just a cloud of energy, again it's all about Charles, Eric and Raven, Jean is just an accessory here...
    So farewell fox's X-men, hope disney will take his time and do justice to my favorite x-men story one day....I could only imagine the x-men done with the same care Marvel did Avengers, developed during 15 years and instead of infinity war, the first part of Phoenix saga, with the hellfire club, and ending with Jean transforming in dark phoenix, then a year later the second part, with the sHi'ar , and star jammers ending with Jean scarifying herself.... the Phoenix Saga is a great story with lots of moving parts, no need to change it, just build it overtime, make people care about the x-men and Jean...
    Last edited by perdid06; 06-09-2019 at 09:52 AM.

This was bad, I cringed a few times.
    These characters deserved way better.

Astonishing Member

When you enjoy or love something that's common. Everyone in my family has flaws but if you ask me about them I'll focus on the things I love about them. If you ask me about someone that annoys me then I go the opposite direction.

Most people aren't above giving the Fox movies some credit. They're just not going to gush about it considering their general feeling towards them is disdain. And here on an X-board? The passion runs extra hot.
    True. This is usually the situation.

The level of enjoyment is usually what would make you ignore the flaws (or not) in a film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    More like killing her Banshee, Angel Salvatore, Azazel, and Riptide (Okay Riptide is forgivable) but killing the rest off screen in DOFP was dumb and short sighted.
    Actors maybe could not return?

Astonishing Member

That's one of the flaws people tend to ignore in DOFP, because they really enjoy the film.

The sacrifice of characters was terrible and did not even connect very well with what he previous movie built.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Just saw the movie, and as much as I wanted to love it....sorry this is not dark Phoenix adaptation, absolutely no chill down my spine, just flat , no emotions, the connection between the characters haven't been established well enough so we don't care for them, we don't care for Jean because she didn't have time to become the heroine we love, a glimpse of what jean should have been is given to mystique but not to Jean, there is no phoenix just a cloud of energy, again it's all about Charles, Eric and Raven, Jean is just an accessory here...
    So farewell fox's X-men, hope disney will take his time and do justice to my favorite x-men story one day....I could only imagine the x-men done with the same care Marvel did Avengers, developed during 15 years and instead of infinity war, the first part of Phoenix saga, with the hellfire club, and ending with Jean transforming in dark phoenix, then a year later the second part, with the sHi'ar , and star jammers ending with Jean scarifying herself.... the Phoenix Saga is a great story with lots of moving parts, no need to change it, just build it overtime, make people care about the x-men and Jean...
    Not for the First Class?

You removed all context for this line.

Things like this make it hard to take your posts seriously. tt took a quick google search to see how you took your slant and utterly butchered the meaning of what she said. C'mon.
    How did I remove the context? Seriously, I honestly don’t see how that changes anything. Jessica’s character wanted to “put somebody down”, which wasn’t the case in the final product at all. That’s my point.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-09-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Not for the First Class?
    Yes because when I think Dark Phoenix I think Mystique, Magneto, Beast, and Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    How did I remove the context? Seriously, I honestly don’t see how that changes anything. Jessica’s character wanted to put somebody down.
    Your quote makes it sound like she's talking about her like the character itself is a disaster something that needs to be put down. The actual full quote clearly states she's talking about her characters motivations in the film.

Your quote makes it sound like she's talking about her like the character itself is a disaster something that needs to be put down. The actual full quote clearly states she's talking about her characters motivations in the film.
    My bad, that wasn’t my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I saw another thread with this same poster describing some of the scenes that were cut to trim the movie's running time. It didn't significantly change the overall story, but there was definitely a lot more that we didn't see in the final cut. It may not be enough to make a Rogue Cut like DOFP or an extended cut of The Wolverine, but it's certainly more than just the Mall Scene. Maybe we'll see more of that when the blu-ray comes out, but I really hope we get an extended cut of sort.
    The problem with the final version is that the pacing is rushed and it doesn’t give you enough time to absorb anything. That’s what I was thinking while I was watching it. It’s similar problem that Origins has.

Astonishing Member

Well, I wasn’t that interested in the movie to begin with, but it’s kinda a bummer that it’s crashing and burning. Hope Disney doesn’t view it as a toxic property now...