Page 15 of 187 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 2802
  1. #211
    Mighty Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Canít really say Famke wear it better since their outfits are far from identical. Herís was a red gown instead of a red jacket.
    I meant more the overall visual *character* of Dark Phoenix than the exact outfit.

    X3 Famke wore a corseted long coat/duster/battle dress with pants underneath, not a gown.

  2. #212
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    601

    Default

    The fact that so far this movie reminds us a lot of X3 visually annoys me a lot.
    Doesn't sound good.
    Too bad, I would like their farewell movie to look good, the FOX X-Men had so much potential but, for me, fell flat and confusing in the end.
    And, in my opinion, it's a shame with such a great material, to rush things and not deliver a good story.

  3. #213
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    The fact that so far this movie reminds us a lot of X3 visually annoys me a lot.
    Doesn't sound good.
    Too bad, I would like their farewell movie to look good, the FOX X-Men had so much potential but, for me, fell flat and confusing in the end.
    And, in my opinion, it's a shame with such a great material, to rush things and not deliver a good story.
    I 100% agree. From what I've seen in the trailers, I feel like they are remaking X-Men: The Last Stand, arguable the worst X-Men movie, vs adapting the original content for the movie. This is incredibly disappointing. The Dark Phoenix story lines is one of the definitive X-Men stories.

  4. #214
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I 100% agree. From what I've seen in the trailers, I feel like they are remaking X-Men: The Last Stand, arguable the worst X-Men movie, vs adapting the original content for the movie. This is incredibly disappointing. The Dark Phoenix story lines is one of the definitive X-Men stories.
    In order for it to be a remake of TLS it would first have to have 10 different storylines.

  5. #215
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    In order for it to be a remake of TLS it would first have to have 10 different storylines.
    LOL. Perhaps. But I am not sure why Fox would want to remind us of TLS stand at all. That movie was a disaster. The poster and the trailers all hearken back to that flop. I know Kinberg wrote it and he's at the helm of this latest installment. I fear he's trying to redeem that mess vs. just telling a good story by adapting the original Dark Phoenix story line for the big screen.

  6. #216
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Here are some scans showing the original explanation of the Phoenix from the original story (then I will post scans showing the 2nd explanation for the Phoenix given in the final issue of the original story).





    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 02-27-2019 at 07:58 PM.

  7. #217
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    658

    Default

    The 2nd explanation was introduced in the final issue of the story. Fans forget that the cosmic force was introduced in the final issue and was a different explanation from the first one given.






  8. #218
    Mighty Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    how much for the trailer release?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

  9. #219
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Here is the character sketch of Jean Grey/Phoenix from Dave Cockrum. His notes reflects Claremont's original idea and the Phoenix is referred to as a schizoid personality within Jean.



    Here is a brief bio of Jean Grey/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix from 1981 in Bizarre Adventures #27 which does not mention the "Phoenix Force" at all, seemingly going by the original explanation that the Phoenix was Jean's heightened psychic powers. To be clear, the bio does not refer to the Phoenix Force and uses the first explanation. The Phoenix story right after the bio in Bizarre Adventures #27 does refer to the Uncanny 137 explanation that she had become one with a primal universal force.



    It was mostly John Bryne who did not want the Phoenix to be Jean's own power and who wanted it to be a separate force. The editors also wanted to absolve Jean of her crimes as Dark Phoenix. I think this had a strong influence over Claremont and other writers. Yet there are many issues where Claremont wrote the Phoenix as mainly an aspect of Jean Grey's or her daughter, Rachel Summer's powers or as a force that they have an innate connection to.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 02-27-2019 at 08:31 PM.

  10. #220
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    LOL. Perhaps. But I am not sure why Fox would want to remind us of TLS stand at all. That movie was a disaster. The poster and the trailers all hearken back to that flop. I know Kinberg wrote it and he's at the helm of this latest installment. I fear he's trying to redeem that mess vs. just telling a good story by adapting the original Dark Phoenix story line for the big screen.
    Because general audiences didn’t really hate the movie like X-fans did. Kinberg mentioned this in an interview and he’s not wrong. The movie made bank and started a meme.
    Last edited by The Shape; 02-27-2019 at 09:49 PM.

  11. #221
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Anybody saw the clip on Jimmy Fallon?
    Last edited by The Shape; 02-27-2019 at 10:01 PM.

  12. #222
    Astonishing Member AHRNIHAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Wasn't there supposed ti be a trailer today?
    "Being some sort of mutant guardian has always been more of Scott's gig""
    -Angel,x men blue #35

    "I believe in the Summers family"
    -Warpath,astonishing x-men #15

  13. #223
    VEGETATIVE INJUSTICE! Kurisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    454

    Default

    The clip:


  14. #224
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,122

    Default

    lol if those 30 seconds are it.

  15. #225
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol if those 30 seconds are it.
    As I said a little earlier it disturbs me that this movie reminds me so much of X3 and this short clip doesn't help at all!
    All these fiery veins on Sophie Turner look much like the black veins on Jansen.
    I'm no psychic but I'm sensing a disaster coming (and I'm not happy with it, I would prefer the FOX swansong to be a good movie, who doesn't want a good movie?).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •