Page 2 of 207 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Heard someone watched it and said it was terrible...

Hope he's wrong
    People said the same thing about Deadpool 2 last year just a few months before it came out. It went onto gain both acclaim and box office success. Plus, there have been false leaks from test screeners before. It has also been documented that when footage was shown at NYCC and another con in South America, the audience responded favorably.

In short, if you go in with negative expectations, you're going to look for excuses to justify them because people don't like changing their minds. I guarantee you that the people whining about the movie now are going to find a reason to justify it, no matter how good the movie ends up being.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This movie is but an anomaly of our timeline. Enjoy it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm honestly trying not to have a negative outlook for the film, just a little annoyed they rushed into the phoenix story. From the apocalypse movie, I feel there should have been another movie before this one, then do the phoenix story. There was no character development for the younger cast ( Scott, Jean, Kurt, Ororo, etc.) that IMO needed to happen between Apocalypse and DP. But I know there was no time to throw in that middle story so I'll just try to be positive and hope some of that development happens in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It wasn`t even Scott in Apocalypse. He never was a jerk boy. They tried to make him cool by making him a jerk. Such things don`t work.
    huh? a jerk how? i thought he acted just fine. i couldn't even name a part in the movie where acted like a jerk. feel free to hate on it, but i thought it was fine enough and was just happy to see cyclops get a decent role

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    huh? a jerk how? i thought he acted just fine. i couldn't even name a part in the movie where acted like a jerk. feel free to hate on it, but i thought it was fine enough and was just happy to see cyclops get a decent role
    I didn't like the way they portrayed Scott either. And, mostly, I thought he was wallpaper again.

I worry this movie simply has not done enough, and can't do enough inside a single movie, to establish the relationships at the heart of the story. Without that, like in X3, this movie will fail to deliver.

Folks are still excited about this, even after Fox and Kinberg's aiding and abetting of Singer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Folks are still excited about this, even after Fox and Kinberg's aiding and abetting of Singer?

Right? I mean, some of us have been aware of this for a loooooooooooong time(like since the beginning, there was already a solid case for Singer being a predator since Apt Pupil, before he even started X1), but many people didn't even want to consider such ideas. That is only one of the many reasons I don't trust Kinberg or Fox in general.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. It was fine that Cyke got a descent role.
    Just for me he was acting nothing like a Cyke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post

Singer had nothing to do with this movie, so why should that matter?

What about all the studios that aided and abetted Kevin Spacey over the years? Should we not see any movies by THOSE studios, as well?

Hollywood is a den of filth and exploitation in general, but Singer cast almost everyone in DP and Kinberg was right by his side almost the whole time. It is definitely relevant.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hollywood is a den of filth and exploitation in general, but Singer cast almost everyone in DP and Kinberg was right by his side almost the whole time. It is definitely relevant.
    All you have to do is look at his films and there is definitely a certain type...twink, well fit, pretty, but can't really act.

I was excited after seeing the poster....all that excitement left after seeing the trailer and how much it was just like X3....ugh

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Not sure if this has any legitimacy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBn6o3vuFW4

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Let's try to talk about something good

1- who is your favorite actor/actress?
    2- who is your favorite character from this movie?
    3- what do you want from this movie?

1-I really liked Kodi Smit-McPhee as a young Nightcrawler. He looks weird but in a cute way

2- A tie between jean and scott

3- I want to see scott and jean as a functional couple even for a bit. i miss that

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hollywood is a den of filth and exploitation in general, .
    ugh I definitely can relate I was on a swim team in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Singer had nothing to do with this movie, so why should that matter?

What about all the studios that aided and abetted Kevin Spacey over the years? Should we not see any movies by THOSE studios, as well?
    He’s still a producer, according to Chastain. Or he was before his meltdown on Bohemian Rhapsody.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    3- what do you want from this movie?
    J Law finally looks like Mystique, so that’s something.
    Last edited by Kurisu; 01-30-2019 at 05:16 PM.