Page 107 of 207 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Kinberg on why no Hellfire Club or Lilandra https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...mic-storyline/

Yeah I'll catch this when on Demand or something.
    That’s literally the same reason why the Lady Death and Adam Warlock wasn’t in Infinity War and Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    So if I understood correctly Jean isn't going to have her fiery form from the first teases???
    No phoenix costume at all or anything similar?
    Its there based on what I heard about the last 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-31-2019 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

Kinberg on why no Hellfire Club or Lilandra https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...mic-storyline/

Yeah I'll catch this when on Demand or something.
    You made 48 posts in this thread and 381 in the last thread. Kind of pathetic to invest so much time in something you’ll skip on watching.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    You made 48 posts in this thread and 381 in the last thread. Kind of pathetic to invest so much time in something you’ll skip on watching.
    Makes me think dedicated X-Men fan of the comics and video games wondering why Fox neglected the core X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You can be a X-men fan like these movies BUT I think it is fair to question how can you be a fan of the X-men comics,X-men stories and X-men subject matter and not have a negative perception of something done to X-men franchise.
    Definitely.

Yeah, but Magneto is our new Wolverine so he can stay in the movie. -_-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Makes me think dedicated X-Men fan of the comics and video games wondering why Fox neglected the core X-Men.
    I never see him (or you) post in any X-Men comics threads so I’d question y’alls dedication.

Astonishing Member

I never see him (or you) post in any X-Men comics threads so I’d question y’alls dedication.
    Well Colossus is my favorite character and it hurt seeing Fox get scared of casting him because it would cost too much using CGI. And then they totally scraped the Peter and Kitty romance.

But I really became a fan of the X-Men back in the Claremont and Paul Smith run of the Brood saga. To me the original X-Men where Colossus, Kitty, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. I totally understand why some comic fans are so disappointed with Fox's portrayal of the X-Men onscreen.

In general I don't post in comic threads but do read most of the X-Men comics.

I love the Phoenix mythos. I am a world class firebird fanboy. And I wanted this to work. But a lot of what has been shown has not been positive, in my opinion. A friend of mine was a huge Deadpool fan, even before the movies. He was stoked for Origins: Wolverine because Ryan Reynolds was a huge Deadpool fan.

We saw how that turned out.

The movies so far have shown that if you give them three important characters and a main bad guy, with everyone else being action set pieces, it can work (First Class, DoFP to an extent). But the DPS is a team story first. Dealing with their beloved teammate losing herself to an external force, and their connections to her trying to reach her and bring her back before calamity strikes. It's arguably the biggest part of the whole thing. And the previews shown thus far have not moved in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    this very much

1st comics last X-Men I read with regularity was X-Men Blue (Which Ended), Wolverine/X-23 (Quit reading some time ago), and X-Men Red (Which I quit midway thru run), Uncanny tried the first 2 issues with Cyclops and Wolverine back but didn't like it and quit it and had no interest in X-Man crossover. Comics are expensive I don't stick with books anymore if I dislike the story. I am looking forward to Hickman and House of X and Power of X but we only have a few covers and pages not much to discuss outside of speculation. P.S. also not reading many non X related Marvel books either mostly reading DC at the moment. Oh and thanks for the concern on my reading habits I hope this satisfies your inquiry.

Now as for Dark Phoenix and by the by I also comment on DC and MCU shows and films. But we get constant news, trailers, TV spot, and interviews on film and TV projects and thus have things to discuss and the last few weeks of the build up to the film release has given use a lot. I also hope since you keep track of my post you noticed that while discussing the current news my last two post before the one you just commented on was me defending Sophie Turner and calling it lunacy to Judge her or Dark Phoenix over GoT.

Now speaking of said news everything we have heard recently from Kinberg himself about story and filming information has confirmed my worst fears for the project. He talks about this character centric film he wanted to make but spent no time building the characters of Scott and Jean prior to this film and ditched the only element he potentially did have which was the spectacle factor. Take Aquaman story wise I found it a bit of a mess like they were throwing everything into it but it was also an amazing visual spectacle which I had hoped at least Dark Phoenix could had that itself but it doesn't. So after hearing all of this in his recent interviews I now decided I will see Dark Phoenix but not until on demand not the first time I did this kind of jump with a film series I was there opening night for TPM and AOTC but never saw ROTS in theaters fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

& that saddens me to say because the Dark Phoenix Saga isn't just my favorite X-Men story it's my favorite Comic Book story and I now have to reside I will never see it properly done on the big screen now. Also nor should I the MCU should never adapt it it's gotten two chances and the X-Men have many more stories that deserve attention on the big screen over going to the Phoenix well again. My biggest complaint for the Superman film franchises it's usually Luthor or Zod I don't want that for the X-Men.

So do my fandom and criticism meet your standards?
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-01-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Take Aquaman story wise I found it a bit of a mess like they were throwing everything into it but it was also an amazing visual spectacle which I had hoped at least Dark Phoenix could had that itself but it doesn't.
    Really? Because visually I think it looks pretty good, especially the illusion scene.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Yeah, but Magneto is our new Wolverine so he can stay in the movie. -_-
    This is the only takeaway from this conversation. If it was about what's best for Jean's character, Magneto wouldn't be in this the original villains would....it's about cashing in.

No use arguing about it really, the movie will be what it is, the only thing it could've been: watered down Phoenix because studios don't gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    This is the only takeaway from this conversation. If it was about what's best for Jean's character, Magneto wouldn't be in this the original villains would....it's about cashing in.

No use arguing about it really, the movie will be what it is, the only thing it could've been: watered down Phoenix because studios don't gamble.
    Some studios do gamble. I would rather cheer a movie for taking a risk and failing because of it then get watered down minor success from not taking any chances.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Cheering is nice but it's money studios want ...

Michael Fassbender is a star. Magneto is proven. Emma frost, shiar, hellfire club - not so much.

This was always about Magneto and Mystique. Cant even blame them. That's where the Oscar power is, and in their logic the money.