Page 108 of 207 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Cheering is nice but it's money studios want ...

Michael Fassbender is a star. Magneto is proven. Emma frost, shiar, hellfire club - not so much.

This was always about Magneto and Mystique. Cant even blame them. That's where the Oscar power is, and in their logic the money.
    Frost is consistently among the most popular marvel females. There's a reason they've used a facsimile of her twice.

But risks are where the real payoff is. Like casting a washed-up drug and alchohol addict, or casting an relatively unknown Australian actor.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

But risks are where the real payoff is. Like casting a washed-up drug and alchohol addict, or casting an relatively unknown Australian actor.
    You're so right!
    I couldn't imagine anybody else as Stark or Thor. Marvel hit the jackpot with them, i hope they do it too with the X-men too but i feel like there won't be much space for Jean or Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    You're so right!
    I couldn't imagine anybody else as Stark or Thor. Marvel hit the jackpot with them, i hope they do it too with the X-men too but i feel like there won't be much space for Jean or Emma.
    I was trying to avoid names to not turn this into another Marvel vs. Fox thread, but yeah.

The issue I've had at the moment is that the X-movies seem to get a big name actor, and then try and fit them into a role. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Oops, sorry.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Frost is consistently among the most popular marvel females. There's a reason they've used a facsimile of her twice.

Easier to say than to put your money on it. Try convincing the executives. Clearly they turned down the proposition, you bet your a$$ they pitched all these ideas, I am certain.

I am sorry but Emma is not a popular MOVIE female, they are clearly afraid of using her. They didn't even have the balls to make the main villain a woman in that movie (re: Helfire Club, she was basically a lackey). I mean, just Look at how many female hero movies there are... if WONDER WOMAN was a hard sell, and she should be much more established to movie goers...Theres no way the studio even considered Emma.

And just look at the blowback these studios get when they use a "sexualized" female lead. Trust me I wish Emma was viable in their eyes...

Edit: big yes to your big actor post.
    Last edited by Graphicisnovel; 05-31-2019 at 08:40 PM.

The issue I've had at the moment is that the X-movies seem to get a big name actor, and then try and fit them into a role. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Yes, it should. I think Sophie was miscast as Jean. I have read many people saying she looks more like Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, it should. I think Sophie was miscast as Jean. I have read many people saying she looks more like Emma.
    I think a lot of that is Sansa compares somewhat to Emma.

Easier to say than to put your money on it. Try convincing the executives. Clearly they turned down the proposition, you bet your a$$ they pitched all these ideas, I am certain.

I am sorry but Emma is not a popular MOVIE female, they are clearly afraid of using her. They didn't even have the balls to make the main villain a woman in that movie (re: Helfire Club, she was basically a lackey). I mean, just Look at how many female hero movies there are... if WONDER WOMAN was a hard sell, and she should be much more established to movie goers...Theres no way the studio even considered Emma.

And just look at the blowback these studios get when they use a "sexualized" female lead. Trust me I wish Emma was viable in their eyes...

Not everything that works for comics would work for Movies. I don't think they even tried Emma at all.

I don't think general public would have the same acceptance as comics readers

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not everything that works for comics would work for Movies. I don't think they even tried Emma at all.

I don't think general public would have the same acceptance as comics readers
    Maybe not in the US, where you can mow down 70 people with a minigun and barely crack PG-13, but if you show a naked breast it's instantly R. But most of the world aren't the repressed prudes the US is.

Cheering is nice but it's money studios want ...

Michael Fassbender is a star. Magneto is proven. Emma frost, shiar, hellfire club - not so much.

This was always about Magneto and Mystique. Cant even blame them. That's where the Oscar power is, and in their logic the money.
    Is Fassbender, or even Lawrence for that matter, really a box office draw? Neither of them have really had commercial success outside of their X-Men appearances in the past few years. Assassin's Creed and The Snowman didn't exactly set the box office on fire, and the heights of Hunger Games was a long time ago, Red Sparrow and Passengers didn't do much either.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Oh we're talking about box office now, are we? (The heck happened to quality over box office by the way? Isn't that what Fox fans continuously use over the franchise that shall not be named?)

Fassbender, the star, had a movie that was pretty much a Magneto origin story, is the lowest grossing movie in the whole franchise.

J-Law, the star, had one freaking franchise, that continued to earn less and less.

Hugh Jackman, the star, had domestcally the lowest grossing movie in the franchise.

Not a single X-Men movie has made $800 M, and only one has made $700 M(not counting Deadpool).

Maybe these supposed safe bets aren't safe at all?

We live in a world where Aquaman can make $1 Bn. And it was NOT a fluke. There is this really big comic book franchise that proves that.

PS Outside of X-Men, the third highest box office is Tye Sheriden's, after Chastain(who wasn't even the main character in her highest grossing movies) and J-Law. I guess he's a big star.

They really have it bad with the female henchmen of Magneto from Emma, to Psylocke, and more than likely Selene.

The way they treated Emma in First Class is criminal to this day.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

This is the only takeaway from this conversation. If it was about what's best for Jean's character, Magneto wouldn't be in this the original villains would....it's about cashing in.
    That’s some really silly logic you have there. Having the original villains does not develops Jean in anyway.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-01-2019 at 12:00 AM.