Page 109 of 207 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3103

fan art by

Matthew Vaughn on why he didn't stick with the franchise:

“That’s one of the reasons I didn’t continue, because they didn’t listen to me. My plan was ‘First Class,’ then second film was new young Wolverine in the 1970s to continue those characters, my version of the X-Men. So you’d really get to know all of them, and my finale was gonna be ‘Days of Future Past.’ That was gonna be my number three where you bring them all… because what’s bigger than bringing in McKellen and Michael and Stewart and James and bringing them all together?
    When I finished the ‘Days of Future Past’ script with it ready to go I looked at it and said, ‘I really think it would be fun to cast Tom Hardy or someone as the young Wolverine and then bring it all together at the end.” Fox read ‘Days of Future Past’ and went ‘Oh, this is too good! We’re doing it now!’ And I said, ‘Well what do you do next? Trust me you’ve got nowhere to go.’ Then they did ‘Apocalypse’ and it’s like… If you flip that ’round even it would have been better. Hollywood doesn’t understand pacing. Their executives are driving 100 miles-per-hour looking in the rear-view mirror and not understanding why they crash.”
    https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...t-class-sequel

I can't say yet another film with Wolverine threatening to take centre stage would have been a good thing (though perhaps Vaughn would have been able to balance the characters better than in the past, though I wouldn't count on it), but he's right about the pacing. Part of the problem that Dark Phoenix faces is that the film that preceded it didn't set things up properly. Basic lack of long term planning has been a real issue, though I still have to blame Vaughn for that as well when thinking about how he had Magneto turn at the end of First Class rather than slowly slide to the dark side over a number of films.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Matthew Vaughn on why he didn't stick with the franchise:

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...t-class-sequel

I can't say yet another film with Wolverine threatening to take centre stage would have been a good thing (though perhaps Vaughn would have been able to balance the characters better than in the past, though I wouldn't count on it), but he's right about the pacing. Part of the problem that Dark Phoenix faces is that the film that preceded it didn't set things up properly. Basic lack of long term planning has been a real issue, though I still have to blame Vaughn for that as well when thinking about how he had Magneto turn at the end of First Class rather than slowly slide to the dark side over a number of films.
    Wolverine is a focal point in comics, He is one of the most used X-men in stories only Cyclops is close(or ahead). Wolverine being used is not issue the problem has been Magneto, Professor X, Mystique, Moria McTaggert, and Quicksilver taking story and time away from Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Colossus who should be getting the time and main plot. Wolverine plotlines actually intersect with other X-men. Wolverine and Nightcrawler are close friends, Wolverine and Cyclops have a rivalry both personally because of Jean and in the field because Wolverine is a loose cannon and Cyclops is about order. Wolverine taking center stage is 1,000 times better than Mystique taking center stage which happened X-men apocalypse and happens in the beginning of Dark Phoenix

I hate when people try to say Wolverine was used too much, Most movies are about 2 Hours and let's say Wolverine gets 1 hour of screen time, X-men movies have had whole other 1 hour to develop stories for Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, etc. And X-men franchise utterly failed a giving Cyclops, Storm and other X-men meaningful storylines. Where a movie like the Avengers managed to give Ironman and Captian America meaningful storylines and they were focal points and still give Hulk and Thor solid stuff to do as well. Oh yeah Black Widow got some shine in Avengers 1 and Avengers 2 Hawkeye got some shine. Imagine if the Avengers movies was about Nick Fury, Maria Hill and Loki instead of Captian America, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor being highlighted. I never seen anyone complain about Iron man being used too much in Avengers and Iron Man probably has much screen time as Wolverine in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I never seen anyone complain about Iron man being used too much in Avengers and Iron Man probably has much screen time as Wolverine in Avengers.
    The Avengers don't have that good of characters to choose from. Wolverine is one of the most trite of the X-Men :/

The star of an X-Men film should be the team dynamic, not a single member for several films in a row (imo). Wolverine is a great character, but the first X-Men film unashamedly focused on him as the star to the point where other characters, particularly Cyclops, were pale shadows of their comic-book selves. I think X2, for example, had some great sequences for other characters, but the family feel of the X-Men is important and we didn't get enough of that overall, and X2 is arguably the best translation from the comics we've had to date. It's fine when you focus mainly on one hero every so often in the comics - Wounded Wolf was a favourite of mine as a kid - but the team as a whole should be a priority, imo.

Yes, Mystique in particular has been a problem as she was not an X-Man in any of the comics I'd read, and shoehorning her into being a major player in the team felt progressively forced and awkward, particularly because Jennifer Lawrence, who can be very good, has seemed increasingly bored in the role; having a film focusing on Prof X and Magneto's friendship as they put together the idea of the X-Men wasn't bad for First Class, imo, but again, most of the other characters suffered as a result, particularly in the later films. If the focus had shifted onto the students for the next two films and developed them, Dark Phoenix would have had a real team dynamic to play with; as it is I'm not sure I can remember any really good moments of bonding between the group.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    fan art by
    Awesome cover! Loving the fan art that this movie is inspiring.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

fan art by
    Even as fan art, it is very good: from the corner head box which look like the movie characters and which left out some characters (just the books always left out Jean) to the diamond payment area, to the 20th Century Fox logo!

I really love it!

curiosy video parodia/humor

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

curiosy video parodia/humor

She seems like such a fun person. Joe Jonas is a lucky man!

Beijing China 29-30 Resume Oficial

https://twitter.com/XMenMovies/statu...59652963930113

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Wolverine is a focal point in comics, He is one of the most used X-men in stories only Cyclops is close(or ahead). Wolverine being used is not issue the problem has been Magneto, Professor X, Mystique, Moria McTaggert, and Quicksilver taking story and time away from Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Colossus who should be getting the time and main plot. Wolverine plotlines actually intersect with other X-men. Wolverine and Nightcrawler are close friends, Wolverine and Cyclops have a rivalry both personally because of Jean and in the field because Wolverine is a loose cannon and Cyclops is about order. Wolverine taking center stage is 1,000 times better than Mystique taking center stage which happened X-men apocalypse and happens in the beginning of Dark Phoenix

I hate when people try to say Wolverine was used too much, Most movies are about 2 Hours and let's say Wolverine gets 1 hour of screen time, X-men movies have had whole other 1 hour to develop stories for Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, etc. And X-men franchise utterly failed a giving Cyclops, Storm and other X-men meaningful storylines. Where a movie like the Avengers managed to give Ironman and Captian America meaningful storylines and they were focal points and still give Hulk and Thor solid stuff to do as well. Oh yeah Black Widow got some shine in Avengers 1 and Avengers 2 Hawkeye got some shine. Imagine if the Avengers movies was about Nick Fury, Maria Hill and Loki instead of Captian America, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor being highlighted. I never seen anyone complain about Iron man being used too much in Avengers and Iron Man probably has much screen time as Wolverine in Avengers.
    I disagree with the analysis of Wolverine. To me Logan isn't a leading man or shouldn't have been to that level/direction that the Fox film took. Because he took up a lot of time, even though the X-men are supposed to be an ensemble film, yet the lack of development for other characters became the end result and ultimately they were cut. Which should never ever be in a X-men adaption of any kind, unless it after a Mutant massacre and it so happens that Logan is immortal. Thus he's the last survivor....etc.

But that would make since, yet to me Wolverine shouldn't have been center stage for so many supposed ensemble films. So trying to compare and contrast his usage to Iron Man, Nick Fury and Captain American in the Avengers doesn't hold water. Because they are founding members and Wolverine comes along later as the "bad boy" within the context of the films, which again, should be an ensemble film. Like the difference between the Avengers and X-men is that; one is a group of individuals trying to be a team/family and the other is a new family trying to stay a family but also be a team. Of course it might seem the same or comparable in some aspect (an they are). But logically speaking, it would make sense to have Iron Man be the main figure head, since he's the figure head of Fury's project. So he gets top billing and also his movie was first.

Like we don't expect Xavier to go on missions and plan everything and also be the main focus, like Iron man would be or Cyclops and or Storm. Since they are inherently more hands on and are natural leaders. But Wolverine isn't exactly a leader type. More a lead by example and follow me or don't follow type individual. While Iron man specifically more pro active...etc and has the quality of self responsibility. Unlike Wolverine who is far more bipolar and gear more towards being a journey man than a leading star. Seem pretty out of character in some ways, even despite his role reversals in the comics.

RT; Iron man is a founding member so of course no one complains. He's the leader of the avengers, yet other's still got their time to shine despite that. But that balance was not utilized o for Cyclops to be more of the focus instead of Wolverine in the Fox-men series.

Like cyclops and storm should have been searching or stumbled upon Logan in X1 (would have created believable tension).

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The star of an X-Men film should be the team dynamic, not a single member for several films in a row (imo).
    agreed
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 06-01-2019 at 11:04 PM.

new footage Tv Spot Fox India rondador vs Jean