Page 12 of 207 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Which is an arbitrary system to use.

Blade and Blade 2 scored lower. Are you going to pretend that general audiences don’t love those movies?
    Blade scored a 78% with audiences. That's one of those "critics don't like it, fans do" situations. X3 was panned by both critics and audiences.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Blade scored a 78% with audiences. That's one of those "critics don't like it, fans do" situations. X3 was panned by both critics and audiences.
    I hardly call a 61% above average rating panned. That’s even labeled a fresh by the site.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Skipping the Phoenix Saga was a mistake, and not having the Hellfire Club, the Shi'ar, the Black Queen, and Emma Frost... well, if they put some fan service and easter eggs, fanboys will be happy.

I hardly call a 61% above average rating panned. That’s even labeled a fresh by the site.
    It's still the second lowest fan rating of the entire series, and for a comics based movie, that's really not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Skipping the Phoenix Saga was a mistake, and not having the Hellfire Club, the Shi'ar, the Black Queen, and Emma Frost... well, if they put some fan service and easter eggs, fanboys will be happy.
    I think leaving out the Shi’ar was for the best because without any previous appearances they would have felt shoehorned in.

It's still the second lowest fan rating of the entire series, and for a comics based movie, that's really not good.
    It’s no doubt generally considered to be one of the weaker entires but that’s not necessarily the same thing as being disliked.

BANNED

"The Last Stand" was a big hit all around the world and nobody disliked it, X-Men comic book fans apart.

I found it a brilliant and bleak superhero movie featuring terrific sequences and great action/CGI.

Despite that, I'm glad the timeline has been revised two times, and now we will get a "Phoenix Saga" closer to the original story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Are we really going to pretend that movies scored in the 50th percentile are generally favorably viewed? We are? Ok cool, just making sure.
    I think with genre films in general it takes a VERY special film to rate higher than 60% on the tomatometer. Problem is that the average movie goer will take those reviews to heart and generally pick their weekend viewing using the system to help guide them. Battle Angel Alita is a great example of a film that had pretty low scores but yet it's highly rated by fans of sci-fi/dystopian films.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I think with genre films in general it takes a VERY special film to rater than 60% on the tomatometer. Problem is that the average movie goer will take those reviews to heart and generally pick their weekend viewing using the system to help guide them. Battle Angel Alita is a great example of a film that had pretty low scores but yet it's highly rated by fans of sci-fi/dystopian films.
    And yet X-Men, X2, and First Class all managed to do that. X3 didn't.

Because X3 was 9 different plots happening at the same time, and the movie tried to pass that as depth. I know whose idea it was to have Phoenix/Dark Phoenix be the D-plot in a movie, but it was a bad one.

I know whose idea it was to have Phoenix/Dark Phoenix be the D-plot in a movie, but it was a bad one.
    I assume you mean “don”t” and it was Tom Rothman’s idea.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Is it that difficult to give us a legitimate Phoenix costume?

I assume you mean “don”t” and it was Tom Rothman’s idea.
    Nope. D-Plot. A-Plot was the mutant cure. B-Plot was the ongoing hostilities between Xavier and Magneto. C-Plot was whatever was happening with Wolverine. Jean and the Phoenix were the D-plot.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    "The Last Stand" was a big hit all around the world and nobody disliked it, X-Men comic book fans apart.

I found it a brilliant and bleak superhero movie featuring terrific sequences and great action/CGI.

Despite that, I'm glad the timeline has been revised two times, and now we will get a "Phoenix Saga" closer to the original story.
    Not really all that closer to the story. Just more stuff, and if anything it seems like a Last Stand remake.

Nope. D-Plot. A-Plot was the mutant cure. B-Plot was the ongoing hostilities between Xavier and Magneto. C-Plot was whatever was happening with Wolverine. Jean and the Phoenix were the D-plot.
    I mean I assume you meant “I don’t know who’s idea it was”.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Not really all that closer to the story. Just more stuff, and if anything it seems like a Last Stand remake.
    The Phoenix wasn’t in X3.