Page 122 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    spoilers:
    There isn't a lot of it, but in the limited scenes we get, the actors really sell the idea of this being a young couple in love.
    end of spoilers
    To little to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Honestly? I’m glad. As my favorite comic book team since childhood, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that there was at least some part of me that really, truly hoped that after all this time my amazing family of merry mutants would finally get some respect, something awe-inspiring out of this franchise finale. But alas, it is exactly as I feared/knew it would be. And all I can say is good.

The film is a disaster, as we’ve all been warned it would be for the past year or so. The amazing actors who could have done so much with even a semblance of a well written story? Wasted and asininely utilized. And the X-men mythos, the reason we’re all here, the universe of a diverse and incredibly layered family of characters and heroes that have some of the best and most renowned storylines in the comic medium? Disrespected, distorted, and publicly shamed once again. Good. I’m glad that the blistering rays of reality are finally breaking through the heavy, dark clouds of continuous delusion. Good riddance. Goodbye. Sayanara and seeya never. Make like a Phoenix-Usher and Let it Burn. All of my genuine sadness over these movies and bitterness at how they’ve been treated over the years has now turned from disgust to simple ambivalence.

Please go ahead. By all means call me negative, a hater, “bandwagon basher”, “MCU Fanboy(not even true), etc, etc. That’s fine, you’re bothered by what I’m saying and I’m okay with that. But what you won’t do is claim that I wanted this franchise to fail. That is such a vapid and ridiculous statement to someone who has loved the X-Men for decades. I didn’t want my favorite heroes in fiction, my ride or die fictional family to be embarrassed like this. I wanted them to be delivered the same respect and care that other, and by God lesser team books have been given over the years in the on-screen adaptations. They just weren’t. They were mishandled, misguided, temporally flopped around puzzle pieces that never fit together and showed the most scant and deplorable attention to who these characters actually are. To themselves, to each other, and to these stories. Completely ignored and in other cases blatantly disregarded. That’s fine now. At least this 20 year circus of a charade is finally over and we’re lucky enough as a fanbase to have more opportunities going forward to get a hopefully new take on things. Not everyone gets that, and I am grateful.

I know some will lambaste me for this post. To be quite honest, I truly don’t care. It’s the end of an era for me that was a rollercoaster of exceptionally high hopes followed by dimmed, and in some cases shattered realizations. I’m tired. I’m happy it’s done. I’m looking forward to having hope again in the future, knowing that an entirely different and far more respected entity will get their chance to make my heroes shine, for once. For those of you that heavily disagree with me that’s absolutely fine, we’re all entitled to our feelings on the matter. I fully respect your opinions and I always will. But to tell me that I should “see for myself” and “not go by what 95% of critics say so I can make my own opinion”? Give a single cent of my money to a company that has continuously beaten me down every time I tried to have hope that maybe, just maybe they won’t screw it up again? I remember all to vividly the embarrassment I had when I dragged a group my non-comic reading friends to see the X-men Apocalypse midnight showing, truly convinced that it would be the start of something great and new and fresh for the franchise. The disappointment I had when I realized that it was worse then I could have even have imagined. The shame when I had to pretend to laugh and agree with them that it was the shite-bomb of a movie that it was and that we wasted our time and money, all the while feeling like I was just gut punched in my fandom feels the whole time. Nah, I’m good. Not this time. Y’all enjoy “seeing it for yourself” for the umteenth time. I really do hope you enjoy it. But please understand as well, when people say they won’t because they don’t want to pay to see 2 hours of “X-Men inspired” dissatisfaction unfold again before their eyes. Don’t demean their decision as simply “wanting it to fail” and “not giving it a chance”. This rodeo is just one we’ve ridden in for far too long. It’s time to get off the bull and call it a day.
    Can i frame this? because holy ****. This is right on.

Like to me if your a fan of Cyclops, Jean, Bobby, Storm. Most of these movies should piss you off with how they've been handled after 20 years.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 06-05-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    spoilers:
    There isn't a lot of it, but in the limited scenes we get, the actors really sell the idea of this being a young couple in love.
    end of spoilers
    Thank you for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The main thing I am curious about as well.

spoilers:
    What is Mystique's death like? Is it quick & painless or is there any lingering pain / suffering before she fades to black?

We're stuck with her comic-wise. But I relish the death of that thing in the films. Especially after that "X-Women" line. lol She does come off as a tad bratty. JLaw seemed to play the part of a spoiled teen.
    end of spoilers
    Jlaw looks like she is sleeping while delivering these lines

Honestly? I’m glad. As my favorite comic book team since childhood, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that there was at least some part of me that really, truly hoped that after all this time my amazing family of merry mutants would finally get some respect, something awe-inspiring out of this franchise finale. But alas, it is exactly as I feared/knew it would be. And all I can say is good.

The film is a disaster, as we’ve all been warned it would be for the past year or so. The amazing actors who could have done so much with even a semblance of a well written story? Wasted and asininely utilized. And the X-men mythos, the reason we’re all here, the universe of a diverse and incredibly layered family of characters and heroes that have some of the best and most renowned storylines in the comic medium? Disrespected, distorted, and publicly shamed once again. Good. I’m glad that the blistering rays of reality are finally breaking through the heavy, dark clouds of continuous delusion. Good riddance. Goodbye. Sayanara and seeya never. Make like a Phoenix-Usher and Let it Burn. All of my genuine sadness over these movies and bitterness at how they’ve been treated over the years has now turned from disgust to simple ambivalence.

Please go ahead. By all means call me negative, a hater, “bandwagon basher”, “MCU Fanboy(not even true), etc, etc. That’s fine, you’re bothered by what I’m saying and I’m okay with that. But what you won’t do is claim that I wanted this franchise to fail. That is such a vapid and ridiculous statement to someone who has loved the X-Men for decades. I didn’t want my favorite heroes in fiction, my ride or die fictional family to be embarrassed like this. I wanted them to be delivered the same respect and care that other, and by God lesser team books have been given over the years in the on-screen adaptations. They just weren’t. They were mishandled, misguided, temporally flopped around puzzle pieces that never fit together and showed the most scant and deplorable attention to who these characters actually are. To themselves, to each other, and to these stories. Completely ignored and in other cases blatantly disregarded. That’s fine now. At least this 20 year circus of a charade is finally over and we’re lucky enough as a fanbase to have more opportunities going forward to get a hopefully new take on things. Not everyone gets that, and I am grateful.

I know some will lambaste me for this post. To be quite honest, I truly don’t care. It’s the end of an era for me that was a rollercoaster of exceptionally high hopes followed by dimmed, and in some cases shattered realizations. I’m tired. I’m happy it’s done. I’m looking forward to having hope again in the future, knowing that an entirely different and far more respected entity will get their chance to make my heroes shine, for once. For those of you that heavily disagree with me that’s absolutely fine, we’re all entitled to our feelings on the matter. I fully respect your opinions and I always will. But to tell me that I should “see for myself” and “not go by what 95% of critics say so I can make my own opinion”? Give a single cent of my money to a company that has continuously beaten me down every time I tried to have hope that maybe, just maybe they won’t screw it up again? I remember all to vividly the embarrassment I had when I dragged a group my non-comic reading friends to see the X-men Apocalypse midnight showing, truly convinced that it would be the start of something great and new and fresh for the franchise. The disappointment I had when I realized that it was worse then I could have even have imagined. The shame when I had to pretend to laugh and agree with them that it was the shite-bomb of a movie that it was and that we wasted our time and money, all the while feeling like I was just gut punched in my fandom feels the whole time. Nah, I’m good. Not this time. Y’all enjoy “seeing it for yourself” for the umteenth time. I really do hope you enjoy it. But please understand as well, when people say they won’t because they don’t want to pay to see 2 hours of “X-Men inspired” dissatisfaction unfold again before their eyes. Don’t demean their decision as simply “wanting it to fail” and “not giving it a chance”. This rodeo is just one we’ve ridden in for far too long. It’s time to get off the bull and call it a day.
    I was going to post the standing ovation gif but... that's not the kind of vibe here right now so suffice to say that was an extremely accurate and well-written post and one that resonates with myself and a good many others here. Thank you for posting it.

The main thing I am curious about as well.

spoilers:
    What is Mystique's death like? Is it quick & painless or is there any lingering pain / suffering before she fades to black?

We're stuck with her comic-wise. But I relish the death of that thing in the films. Especially after that "X-Women" line. lol She does come off as a tad bratty. JLaw seemed to play the part of a spoiled teen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    its not dragged out. Honestly it felt too comical to me. She whispers I love you to hank. That really cracked me up.
    end of spoilers
    "Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."
    -Hoid

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    spoilers:
    its not dragged out. Honestly it felt too comical to me. She whispers I love you to hank. That really cracked me up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'll take that romance over the forced mess she has with Sabretooth in the comics since Aaron pulled it from his ass. lol Hopefully the comics will follow suit & do that. They've been known to match films. Like Nega Sonic Teenage Warhead.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'll take that romance over the forced mess she has with Sabretooth in the comics since Aaron pulled it from his ass. lol Hopefully the comics will follow suit & do that. They've been known to match films. Like Nega Sonic Teenage Warhead.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    wait till u see the scene of magneto and hank bonding over her death
    end of spoilers
    "Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."
    -Hoid

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    spoilers:
    wait till u see the scene of magneto and hank bonding over her death
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I keep up with the films here & there, but the continuity was confusing as Hell. Did Magneto still have a relationship with Mystique in this timeline? Or was that scrapped and it's only Hank?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I keep up with the films here & there, but the continuity was confusing as Hell. Did Magneto still have a relationship with Mystique in this timeline? Or was that scrapped and it's only Hank?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I don't have track of the continuity of x men films but to the best of my knowledge hank had a thing for her in X men first class but then she had a thing for magneto and so she left with him. It has never been touched on since.
    end of spoilers
    -Hoid

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Guessing the ending is a very fanfare-y ending, with a "mutation: it is the key to our evolution" monologue over a montage of different X-Men in different fights across different locations/times.

The closing of Starship Troopers immediately comes to mind in terms of tone and closure (insofar as showing the characters' lives and adventures will go on, even if they're unseen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4dVFOi3Xg

Expecting a Hugh Jackman Wolverine cameo--wouldn't be surprised by other cameos, like Colossus and Deadpool.
    I knew this was impossibly lofty wishful thinking on my part written with a dash of sarcasm, but hooooooooooooboy this movie.

Nightcrawler does get used better in this movie. He has some cool scenes.
    -Hoid

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Quoted for truth. The X-men are my first and greatest fictional love. This studio has failed time and time again, let them go out like they lived - with a pathetic whimper.

On to bigger, better, and truer things. The MCU can be criticized plenty, but they also get the heart of their characters. I can't wait to see the true heart of the X-men on screen in the future. As you so brilliantly said....let it burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    *Clap* *Clap* *Clap*
    Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    To little to late.

Can i frame this? because holy ****. This is right on.

Like to me if your a fan of Cyclops, Jean, Bobby, Storm. Most of these movies should piss you off with how they've been handled after 20 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I was going to post the standing ovation gif but... that's not the kind of vibe here right now so suffice to say that was an extremely accurate and well-written post and one that resonates with myself and a good many others here. Thank you for posting it.
    Thanks guys, it’s good to know that there are others out there who understand and feel similarly. I woke up this morning and just felt so defeated when I saw all of the reactions. These stories helped me through some pretty rough times when I needed an escape. These characters feel like family to me because I’ve known them most of my life. It’s just so disheartening when you feel ashamed of something you know had so much potential for greatness. Hopefully it still does.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 06-05-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

So what are we thinking with the box office. Debut NA weekend and global total run?

Under 50m? Under 500m?
    under 500 mil like the other movies. Doubt it has a chance of surpassing DoFP. Iffy if it surpasses Apocalypse.

Thanks guys, it’s good to know that there are others out there who understand and feel similarly. I woke up this morning and just felt so defeated when I saw all of the reactions. These stories helped me through some pretty rough times when I needed an escape. These characters feel like family to me because I’ve known them most of my life. It’s just so disheartening when you feel ashamed of something you know had so much potential for greatness. Hopefully it still does.
    Looking at your avatar...I'm wondering if Storm isn't the first to be introduced into the MCU with Black Panther 2...

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Looking at your avatar...I'm wondering if Storm isn't the first to be introduced into the MCU with Black Panther 2...
    Truly nothing I can think of would make me happier. If anyone knows how to portray powerful women, let alone powerful Black women for an MCU hit, it’s Ryan Coogler. I would put my trust in him to handle her inception into the MCU as well as tie in a well written, niche plot device to allude to the X-men via Ororo. Perhaps along with other solo movies that could give hints as well. I would love that! But I don’t know if I’ll be lucky enough to see it come to fruition by BP2. A guy can always hope though lol