Page 123 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3103

Just saw the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    under 500 mil like the other movies. Doubt it has a chance of surpassing DoFP. Iffy if it surpasses Apocalypse.
    Poccy managed to do almost 550 worldwide.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think US opening weekend will be between $25-30 M

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    I think US opening weekend will be between $25-30 M
    Brutal. Do you think it will outperform Secret Life of Pets 2?

No.

Im not a box office expert, but I think the combination of bad reviews, general malaise about Fox Xfilms, and competition from a sequel to a popular CG family friendly film will really drain on DPH's potential earnngs.

Summer is usually a cutthroat time in the cinema business and with the awesome Endgame still in theatres, DPH will be passed over by most folks who want a good time.

We hardcore X-fans will probably see it but we're probably a drop in the bucket imo.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This was bad. I really wanted it to be good but sadly Fox learned nothing. I feel so bad for Sophie and Tye, they deserved better, Scott and Jean deserved better.
    Hopeful the MCU doesn't sidelines them.

Just finished the movie and it was just bad. Nothing was earned and even though I love the X-Men, I couldn't care less about these people I just watched a movie about.

See, that's why I really wanted this film canned by Disney. A proper MCU treatment of the Phoenix-to-Dark Phoenix grand saga told over many movies(and maybe an interlinking Disney+ series), including the M'Kraan Crystal, the Shi'Ar, the Imperial Guard, the Hellfire Club, Mastermind, and all of that, would have been epic, but now the MCU is almost certain to pass over the entire thing completely. It even wouldn't be unheard of for Scott and Jean to be Hanked and Janeted when the X-Men roll out(founding Avengers members relegated to minor roles in a spinoff franchise). Not that I wouldn't mind a Storm led team, but I was willing to wait for that if the early Claremont era was properly adapted. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    See, that's why I really wanted this film canned by Disney. A proper MCU treatment of the Phoenix-to-Dark Phoenix grand saga told over many movies(and maybe an interlinking Disney+ series), including the M'Kraan Crystal, the Shi'Ar, the Imperial Guard, the Hellfire Club, Mastermind, and all of that, would have been epic, but now the MCU is almost certain to pass over the entire thing completely. It even wouldn't be unheard of for Scott and Jean to be Hanked and Janeted when the X-Men roll out(founding Avengers members relegated to minor roles in a spinoff franchise). Not that I wouldn't mind a Storm led team, but I was willing to wait for that if the early Claremont era was properly adapted. Oh well.
    Yeah, the Jean Scott duo will likely not show up at the start of the rebooted series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'll keep saying (maybe delusionally) that Feige and the MCU shouldn't give one flying eff about what Fox did. Make their movies with their characters. You build with the cornerstones like Cyke and Jean.

Bonus, they've been so poorly handled so far that it's like they'd be brand new!

Also, has anyone actually read some of the reviews from critics? Guys like Peter Travers are just brutal. There are so many brutal reviews on there I almost feel bad for the people involved. Almost.

Marvel is never gonna sideline Scott on a rebooted MCU X-Men. They have to know that he was done dirty by Fox, and considering how loved Captain America was, they'll know they can make a traditional good guy leader work. It's only Jean that's in danger of being screwed over.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

It's crazy to think that the Last Stand and Dark Phoenix are 13 years apart and written by the same guy.

At the time, X3 was flamed for combining too many story lines, under-utilizing characters and being a step backwards from X2. The Cure, Xavier dying and the Phoenix wrapped into one movie. With characters like Rogue, Angel (who was featured heavily in promotion but did nothing in the film) and Cyclops getting the shaft.

Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, Iceman and Beast all get their moments to shine. On the Brotherhood side, Pyro, Magneto, Juggernaut and Callisto were a lot of fun and demonstrate what irresponsible super powered being would be like.

From what I'm hearing about DP, Kinberg (the writer of both) seemed to repeat his mistakes but with different characters and the same source material. Real shame given the talented and enthusiastic cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel is never gonna sideline Scott on a rebooted MCU X-Men. They have to know that he was done dirty by Fox, and considering how loved Captain America was, they'll know they can make a traditional good guy leader work. It's only Jean that's in danger of being screwed over.
    Well the Endgame writers said they'd love to write Cyclops.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yes- one of the Avengers writers even said he'd love to write Cyclops. Compare him to Hank Pym is non-sense, since Pym has a very specific problem. Jean however, since her main story won't be done, will probably face trouble.