Page 136 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Obviously she's OP, that's the whole point, but you were arguing that she didn't fight him when she did indeed attack him.
    Attacking isn’t necessarily the same as fighting someone though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The problem is that everybody already knows how it ends. We had two bad adaptations but they more or less spoiled the whole thing ruining any surprise from the future.
    It will be different. When Marvel does this (and they will) they will make the main characters matter. The X-men will be a family whose love for each other will have been established. They'll use those ten films Claremont was on about. When they feel for Jean and they struggle with her struggles we will empathize with her and with them.

It won't matter that people know she sacrifices herself, we'll be too busy having our hearts ripped out by the emotions of it. Something this film was never going to be able to do given the build to this point.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Watched it..fun. Jean and Magneto were dynamic. Liked the Storm moments too. Suprised by Nightcrawler during the final fight scene.
    Yeah, while I would understand people disliking it for being a bit brutal I feel that they made good use of his abilities in the scenario. The film gave him good enough reason to cut loose.

In general, the train fight was an enjoyable highlight of the movie. It was surprisingly well shot, and composed. Not a random flying horse drawing your attention or anything.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

At least it seems to be getting decent reception from the general audience based on what comes up on Twitter search.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Does this mean TAS still has the best Phoenix story adaptation? It certainly seems right from the looks of it.
    It most certainly does mean that beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Attacking isn’t necessarily the same as fighting someone though.
    It isn't really going to be much of a fight with someone who can disintegrate you by simply looking at you, which is why I think Logan told the xmen to get out of there as she was about to disintegrate the local area, and possibly the city and planet. He could regenerate the others couldnt. So there was definitely a fight between himself and Jean. The other fight I mentioned was when she killed Cyclops. It happening off screen doesnr mean it didnt happen. Lastly, her and Xavier had a telepathic fight when he was trying to place back the mental barriers he placed in her mind that the Phoenix allowed her to break through. This battle eventually lost resulting in his death. This death also resulted in Ororo and Logan being thrown from the house (which was an indirect fight but I wouldnt call this an actual fight). So you initial statement about her not fighting any of the xmen is not correct. At any rate let's agree to disagree dont want to derail this thread by talks of another movie. What is on topic is that this movie is looking to become the worst selling xmen movies ever.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-07-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, while I would understand people disliking it for being a bit brutal I feel that they made good use of his abilities in the scenario. The film gave him good enough reason to cut loose.

In general, the train fight was an enjoyable highlight of the movie. It was surprisingly well shot, and composed. Not a random flying horse drawing your attention or anything.
    I didnt mind nightcrawler going ballistic. it made sense in the context of that moment.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I have a feeling that if Disney does its own Phoenix storyline it could probably be something like Avengers vs X-Men rather than an ordinary Dark Phoenix Saga. Its got enough twists like the Phoenix Five to distinguish itself from the Fox movies hopefully and serves as a convenient excuse to put the X-Men against other surviving MCU heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I have a feeling that if Disney does its own Phoenix storyline it could probably be something like Avengers vs X-Men rather than an ordinary Dark Phoenix Saga. Its got enough twists like the Phoenix Five to distinguish itself from the Fox movies hopefully and serves as a convenient excuse to put the X-Men against other surviving MCU heroes.
    this would work but after this movie I'm kinda over the Phoenix in general. no more Phoenix please.

Can we all at least appreciate that the X-Men is finally working as a team.

Just got out of the theater.

Amazing cinematography, genius direction, a tsunami of beautiful shots, a juicy script, badass lines, iconic set pieces, perfect acting, likeable characters, fun twists, stunning effects, brilliant sound design, and an absolutely killer soundtrack. 100% kino.

Yes, Godzilla truly has defeated the Phoenix. He is the Hellfire Club's Ultimate Black God. The X-Men fight vaccines, the Big G eats nukes like chips. Even the savior of the mutants, Jonathan Hickman, bows to Gojira.

Hail to the King, baby.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

It isn't really going to be much of a fight with someone who can disintegrate you by simply looking at you, which is why I think Logan told the xmen to get out of there as she was about to disintegrate the local area, and possibly the city and planet. He could regenerate the others couldnt. So there was definitely a fight between himself and Jean.
    Jean knocked Logan out earlier in the movie, so she could have easily taken him out if she wanted. Logan used her love for him to his advantage.

The other fight I mentioned was when she killed Cyclops. It happening off screen doesnr mean it didnt happen.
    That argument is considered a fallacy.

Besides, Jean had turned off his powers. What was he going to do to her?

Lastly, her and Xavier had a telepathic fight when he was trying to place back the mental barriers he placed in her mind that the Phoenix allowed her to break through. This battle eventually lost resulting in his death.
    There really wasn’t any psychic battle. Xavier couldn’t get into her head. Its mentioned in the scene.

This death also resulted in Ororo and Logan being thrown from the house (which was an indirect fight but I wouldnt call this an actual fight).
    That didn’t happen.

spoilers:
    So you initial statement about her not fighting any of the xmen is not correct. At any rate let's agree to disagree dont want to derail this thread by talks of another movie. What is on topic is that this movie is looking to become the worst selling xmen movies ever.
    end of spoilers

We were talking about which film gave the Dark Phoenix storyline more disservice. So it’s very much on topic.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-07-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Say what you will about Kinberg, but my man read Excalibur!

Vuk gets Necrom’d!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It will be different. When Marvel does this (and they will) they will make the main characters matter. The X-men will be a family whose love for each other will have been established. They'll use those ten films Claremont was on about. When they feel for Jean and they struggle with her struggles we will empathize with her and with them.

It won't matter that people know she sacrifices herself, we'll be too busy having our hearts ripped out by the emotions of it. Something this film was never going to be able to do given the build to this point.
    In fact, if MCU makes it own version of Phoenix saga, we couldn't be sure Jean will sacrifice herself until it happens.

We should not forget that MCU has also taken quite a lot of liberties with the stories and characters and how these develop.

MCU X-Men movies will never be the pages of the comic adapted with total fidelity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Just got out of the theater.

Amazing cinematography, genius direction, a tsunami of beautiful shots, a juicy script, badass lines, iconic set pieces, perfect acting, likeable characters, fun twists, stunning effects, brilliant sound design, and an absolutely killer soundtrack. 100% kino.

Yes, Godzilla truly has defeated the Phoenix. He is the Hellfire Club's Ultimate Black God. The X-Men fight vaccines, the Big G eats nukes like chips. Even the savior of the mutants, Jonathan Hickman, bows to Gojira.

Hail to the King, baby.
    Sadly, I felt Rodan had more characterization than the Phoenix Force in this movie and that bird was a background character.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Sadly, I felt Rodan had more characterization than the Phoenix Force in this movie and that bird was a background character.
    In this movie the phoenix force was just that, a force. It was not something more than that. I liked that part. I don't like the Phoenix force being its own character (but I know it has become that in the comics). I liked this story was the way the Phoenix was originally meant to be.. a story about Jean Grey.