Page 139 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3103

That’s too bad. It’s not great but it’s not terrible. I said to my friends it was like a less goofy Venom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There won’t be a complete reboot. Their keeping Deapool. Film executives make their decisions on box office totals. It would not surprise me if they kept Sophie Turner as Phoenix/Jean Grey.

The MCU is not going to do a Dark Phoenix movie. Jean losing control has been dealt with twice and Fox is now a part of Disney. They have many other stories to tell, including those with Jean/Phoenix.
    As I said, taking into account the reception (and box office) of this film, they have more reasons to reboot the X-Men franchise.

They could just mantain Deadpool separated from the rest of the MCU.

Also, it is still possible MCU would want to create their own version of Phoenix Saga. After all, the way the handle the story would likely be pretty different.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    I read a couple of reviews that mention "Magneto gets a free pass" for killing probably thousands of people throughout the series, whereas the possibility that Jean might go psychotic warrants a big debate about her existence.

Magneto gets Genosha and Jean gets shot.
    To be fair, it seems the genocide wasn't so common in comics when Jean was Dark Phoenix.

I also doesn't help that Jean was a hero, so she can't be a hero after the genocide at that time. In change, Magneto was a villain, he will become a hero/anti-hero later.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-08-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Because I live at the ends of the earth, Dark Phoenix hasn't arrived at my town's theater yet. Can someone please tell me if Magneto and Quicksilver finally acknowledge each other as father and son in this last film?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Because I live at the ends of the earth, Dark Phoenix hasn't arrived at my town's theater yet. Can someone please tell me if Magneto and Quicksilver finally acknowledge each other as father and son in this last film?
    They don't. Quicksilver doesn't get a lot of screen time, and I don't believe he shares any shots with Magneto.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Does Jean Die in the movie? She said her story wasn´t over and we see the firebird while Charles and Erik played chess. I'm so tired of Jean dying.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There won’t be a complete reboot. Their keeping Deapool.
    Deadpool is it's his own thing, and it's very easy to do a meta joke and send him to the MCU.

It would not surprise me if they kept Sophie Turner as Phoenix/Jean Grey.

turner will be emma

sign the petition
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Does Jean Die in the movie? She said her story wasn´t over and we see the firebird while Charles and Erik played chess. I'm so tired of Jean dying.
    that’s actually the problem... They took away the conclusion the story would have had by not giving her that or a trial or a sacrifice or even the goodbye to Cyclops, or something meaningful to do as Phoenix. It really made everything that came before pointless, we gained nothing, not even a lesson. And that took away the message they were trying to write. Also her choice was barely a choice at all. This all just shows that DPS really isnt about aliens or fire or a force after all, its about something bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    that’s actually the problem... They took away the conclusion the story would have had by not giving her that or a trial or a sacrifice or even the goodbye to Cyclops, or something meaningful to do as Phoenix. It really made everything that came before pointless, we gained nothing, not even a lesson. And that took away the message they were trying to write. Also her choice was barely a choice at all. This all just shows that DPS really isnt about aliens or fire or a force after all, its about something bigger...
    There was a nice parallel with the train at the end and the car in the beginning. She protects her family rather than only protecting herself.

That’s JEAN though. The Phoenix apparently wanted to finish the job and eliminate the remaining, surviving D’Bari.

The problem is a lot of male comic book fans are stuck in the 89s and are complete unaware of the current politics. Reread the Dark Phoenix saga and the interview.

Originally saintly teacher’s pet Jean Grey becomes the powerful Phoenix. A man basically sexually assaults her and she loses control, becomes murderous a has to die.

So basically because she was tarnished by a man and no longer pure she had to die. Not to mention Bryne saying he hated the team having two powerful women.

All they have to do is continue with this film for Phoenix in the MCU. No need to keep retelling that same 1980 story. For anyone wanting an adaptation close to the original, there is TAS.

Kinburg certainly did a better job this time around, much better than x3.
    what? I've never heard cleramont or byrne say any of that, and your reading way too much into the DPS. I think you're a little off on your analysis

Astonishing Member

I read a couple of reviews that mention "Magneto gets a free pass" for killing probably thousands of people throughout the series, whereas the possibility that Jean might go psychotic warrants a big debate about her existence.

Magneto gets Genosha and Jean gets shot.
    I haven’t seen those reviews, but that is an extremely good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    turner will be emma

sign the petition
    I'd definitely sign that. I think she'd make a great Emma Frost. She wouldn't even have to downplay her accent.

She wouldn't be the first actor from a Fox Marvel movie to transition to an MCU movie either. Both Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan made that transition and it worked out wonderfully.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I haven’t seen those reviews, but that is an extremely good point.
    I don't think Marvel will make the mistake of a recurring Magneto. Have him appear in one of the movies, maybe the second one, and be done with it, certainly if he starts killing massive amounts of civilians. It's near impossible to have him welcomed into the X-Men with that sort of baggage without all lot of exposition, something a comic series can achieve over decades. I'm sure a television series could do it over many episodes. It just appears ridiculous on the big screen.

The X-Men have plenty of GREAT villians without having to recur anyone of them. A more subtle villain, like say MYSTIQUE, seems like a plausible recurring villian (like Loki), but the existence of a Magneto or Mr. Sinister or other powerful enemy would eat up valuable minutes as the screenwriter twists the plot into knots trying to explain the X-Men's reason/failure/ineptitude of letting one of them "go" and then facing him/her over and over.

The X-Men franchise was in worse shape than the DC movie franchise. Now it's dead. Good riddance.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't think Marvel will make the mistake of a recurring Magneto. Have him appear in one of the movies, maybe the second one, and be done with it, certainly if he starts killing massive amounts of civilians. It's near impossible to have him welcomed into the X-Men with that sort of baggage without all lot of exposition, something a comic series can achieve over decades. I'm sure a television series could do it over many episodes. It just appears ridiculous on the big screen.

The X-Men have plenty of GREAT villians without having to recur anyone of them. A more subtle villain, like say MYSTIQUE, seems like a plausible recurring villian (like Loki), but the existence of a Magneto or Mr. Sinister or other powerful enemy would eat up valuable minutes as the screenwriter twists the plot into knots trying to explain the X-Men's reason/failure/ineptitude of letting one of them "go" and then facing him/her over and over.

The X-Men franchise was in worse shape than the DC movie franchise. Now it's dead. Good riddance.
    yes it is dead praise the goddess. where are all those supporters of foxmen who said it was better than mcu? right now the movie is projected to only bring in 34 million and has a 22% on rt. pretty sad what fox has done to these characters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Magneto can be a recurring character without literally every single movie having the same plot for him like it was on the Fox movies. Look what they did with Loki, for example.