Page 140 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maybe as the creator he sees things differently. Imagine having your work adapted to the big screen. Most people would feel proud.
    He had his work adapted to screen with Last Stand. He went then as well.

BANNED

I was waiting for this movie to release, mostly to be entertained by Franchise’s hypocrisy. Looks like I’ve missed some bits that were deleted/edited.

Saw the movie. It really is better than Apocalypse. The script was freaking terrible though. Cyclops’ “I’ll fucking kill you!” was hilarious in the bad way. The ignoring of Jean’s story beats from Apocalypse is a sticking problem for me, and just shows that “stand-alone movies” was the bad approach if they wanted a franchise story. Jean and Scott’s relationship rang hollow, as well as some of the other emotional beats, but overall the story was cohesive enough for me.

“What a dud of an ending to the X-Men franchise” is basically my opinion.

Dropping the f bomb is sooo edgy. Probably as edgy as they're allowed to get.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    I don't think Marvel will make the mistake of a recurring Magneto. Have him appear in one of the movies, maybe the second one, and be done with it, certainly if he starts killing massive amounts of civilians. It's near impossible to have him welcomed into the X-Men with that sort of baggage without all lot of exposition, something a comic series can achieve over decades. I'm sure a television series could do it over many episodes. It just appears ridiculous on the big screen.

The X-Men have plenty of GREAT villians without having to recur anyone of them. A more subtle villain, like say MYSTIQUE, seems like a plausible recurring villian (like Loki), but the existence of a Magneto or Mr. Sinister or other powerful enemy would eat up valuable minutes as the screenwriter twists the plot into knots trying to explain the X-Men's reason/failure/ineptitude of letting one of them "go" and then facing him/her over and over.

The X-Men franchise was in worse shape than the DC movie franchise. Now it's dead. Good riddance.
    This was one of the annoying things about the Fox-Men. Magneto was always the villain at the end of the day, or was pushed in the movie somehow. The X-Men have so many villains and tons of story arcs that could have been done. Spider-Man and Batman movies feature so many of their villains, some were repeated, but they didn't linger on the same one over and over again. I don't like how Marvel kills off a lot of their villains. They don't all have to die for the story to be resolved.

As an X-Men and Inhumans fan, this is sad. None were realized to their true potential in my opinion.

Magneto has an infinitely more interesting backstory then most of the X-Men. And visually the scenes in the concentration camps help drive home the point of where humans could take their hatred of mutant. So it's relevant. Magneto is the one thing I wouldn't fault

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I was waiting for this movie to release, mostly to be entertained by Franchise’s hypocrisy. Looks like I’ve missed some bits that were deleted/edited.

Saw the movie. It really is better than Apocalypse. The script was freaking terrible though. Cyclops’ “I’ll fucking kill you!” was hilarious in the bad way. The ignoring of Jean’s story beats from Apocalypse is a sticking problem for me, and just shows that “stand-alone movies” was the bad approach if they wanted a franchise story. Jean and Scott’s relationship rang hollow, as well as some of the other emotional beats, but overall the story was cohesive enough for me.

“What a dud of an ending to the X-Men franchise” is basically my opinion.
    I just found out why the script is so rushed and undercooked from someone who has connections with Kinberg. Its because it was meant to be a set-up movie and not a finale. There is tons of evidence to suppose this as well.

Also they went and rehashed it that's why it was delayed due to people not liking early screenings. I'd imagine the initial script was better. Just maybe an unhappy ending

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also they went and rehashed it that's why it was delayed due to people not liking early screenings. I'd imagine the initial script was better. Just maybe an unhappy ending
    Unfortunately, all I can do is judge (for myself) what is presented to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It is also possible the early version would be worse. We would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Disney does take risks, sure but I do think they'll take note that the lowest performing X-Men film is the sole one not to feature Wolverine at all.

Also, I wasn't bashing MCU films more saying Dark Phoenix was in any way better than them. This film definitely has its problems but I don't think it deserves a 20% RT score and I was just trying to argue that perhaps critics found it rather mundane coming off the heels of Infinity War and Endgame.
    Did they take the note that The Wolverine is domestically the lowest grossing of all X-Men movies?

Absence of Wolverine is not the problem, it never has been.(I can actually argue the opposite but I digress).

Disney does take risks, sure but I do think they'll take note that the lowest performing X-Men film is the sole one not to feature Wolverine at all.

Also, I wasn't bashing MCU films or saying Dark Phoenix was in any way better than them. This film definitely has its problems but I don't think it deserves a 20% RT score and I was just trying to argue that perhaps critics found it rather mundane coming off the heels of Infinity War and Endgame.
    Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And then people will say it's because Wolverine wasn't in it.
    ...called it!

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It is also possible the early version would be worse. We would never know.
    I just imagine the early version being better because they scrambled to make changes thus rendering the script incoherent.

Also, I wasn't bashing MCU films or saying Dark Phoenix was in any way better than them. This film definitely has its problems but I don't think it deserves a 20% RT score and I was just trying to argue that perhaps critics found it rather mundane coming off the heels of Infinity War and Endgame.
    DC went from the spectacle of Aquaman to the more low key character piece of Shazam and Shazam actually has a higher RT score. Ant-Man and the Wasp came out right after Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Wasp has the higher RT score. I don't think the idea that a smaller scope comic book film would do poorly critically from coming off a grandeur scale film holds weight since he hasn't happened in the recent past.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    DC went from the spectacle of Aquaman to the more low key character piece of Shazam and Shazam actually has a higher RT score. Ant-Man and the Wasp came out right after Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Wasp has the higher RT score. I don't think the idea that a smaller scope comic book film would do poorly critically from coming off a grandeur scale film holds weight since he hasn't happened in the recent past.
    Part of the problem is that it was a set-up movie that was forced to be a finale.

FoX-men is dead. It’s time to move on. If you want to revisit, there’s 20 years of movies you can watch on DVD.