Page 145 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    There is definitely evidence to support this. Give me a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Jessica Chastain's character name has changed once again in the latest screening.
    Kinberg is a mess.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...47#post3996447

There is definitely evidence to support this. Give me a moment.
    Iron Man 3 Rebecca Hall signed on to play to the main villain until Perlmutter nixed it ironically JC was offered the Rebecca Hall role of Maya Hansen at the time.

Superman II was half filmed by Richard Donner and Richard Lester had to salvage what he could and reshoot things to get the directors credit.

Do I even need to mention Solo.

Sony forced Venom on Raimi for Spider-Man 3 and Raimi takes full blame for the films failings never blaming anyone not even Sony.

The Snyder Cut and now possible Kinberg Cut thing is unfortunate but studio interference happens all the time and a filmmaker needs to find a way to work around it and own what they put their name on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Iron Man 3 Rebecca Hall signed on to play to the main villain until Perlmutter nixed it ironically JC was offered the Rebecca Hall role of Maya Hansen at the time.

Superman II was half filmed by Richard Donner and Richard Lester had to salvage what he could and reshoot things to get the directors credit.

Do I even need to mention Solo.

Sony forced Venom on Raimi for Spider-Man 3 and Raimi takes full blame for the films failings never blaming anyone not even Sony.

The Snyder Cut and now possible Kinberg Cut thing is unfortunate but studio interference happens all the time and a filmmaker needs to find a way to work around it and own what they put their name on.
    This isn’t Kinberg saying this. Its gossip.

And wasn’t Venom added way before filming?

This isn’t Kinberg saying this. Its gossip.

And wasn’t Venom added way before filming?
    It's an open secret in many circles Kinberg has people online not here but other places who "leak" gossip to defend his poor decisions. Venom was added before filming but Raimi had to rewrite his script to make a character he never wanted work.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    The only part that felt the movie dragging was the action scenes, particularly the train sequence at the end. Every time, I thought the D'Bari were all dealt with, more kept popping up and they all did the same damn thing. Also, Jean was sidelined for most of it so it bought all the momentum to a screeching halt.
    Admittedly, I fell asleep part of the way through the train sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It's an open secret in many circles Kinberg has people online not here but other places who "leak" gossip to defend his poor decisions. Venom was added before filming but Raimi had to rewrite his script to make a character he never wanted work.
    Oh, Kurt LeBeau was doing anything but defending Kinberg in that post. His people online are not doing a good job if that’s the case.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Are folks really gonna go into Snyder-cut territory? to justify a bad movie? yikes
    I think alot like the supposed snyder cut there isn't really anything that would make the movie great or even above average. It was really clear watching this that it got massively changed at some point because at least to me the movie felt like it was going to go in one direction and then wildly switched direction. Dark Phoenix felt like it was supposed to be the middle chapter of a story and then it was changed into the finale of the series. Almost felt like a TV show that didn't know it was gonna be canceled but after hearing it was cancelled they tack on some 2 minute scene at the end to give closure even though it goes completely against the flow of the story.

While I don't think this movie is great by any stretch my main defense of it is that people seem to be exaggerating how bad it is, I can see where people wouldn't like it but to me it really seems like people are going to extremes to make it sound worse and I think that has happened a lot to fox movies since the MCU got more and more popular. MCU is the best brand around and is heads above fox and DC right now, it just seems to me that mcu movies flaws get minimized and kinda swept away where as fox and DC movies have their flaws blow out of proportion.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Also, even John Campea said that he hear the production was a disaster.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-09-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Ok I am confused about the frump part. Before Phoenix Jean wore a green minidress costume how the hell is that frumpy?
    Ask Claremont those are his words from X-Men companion but it wasn't just Claremont and Byrne who thought that

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-phoenix-je...-dave-cockrum/

Also, even John Campea said that he hear the production was a disaster.
    There is also this line from Jessica Chastain .

Simon and I were talking about the character and I said, ‘I keep thinking of the vet who tells you you need to put your dog down,’”

BANNED

There is also this line from Jessica Chastain .
    You removed all context for this line.

When talking about her inspiration for the character, she said, "Simon and I were talking about the character and I said, 'I keep thinking of the vet who tells you you need to put your dog down.' There's something very clinical about it."
    Things like this make it hard to take your posts seriously. tt took a quick google search to see how you took your slant and utterly butchered the meaning of what she said. C'mon.

Fox was being cheap, again. This is the REAL reason why the third act was reshot.

I saw another thread with this same poster describing some of the scenes that were cut to trim the movie's running time. It didn't significantly change the overall story, but there was definitely a lot more that we didn't see in the final cut. It may not be enough to make a Rogue Cut like DOFP or an extended cut of The Wolverine, but it's certainly more than just the Mall Scene. Maybe we'll see more of that when the blu-ray comes out, but I really hope we get an extended cut of sort.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I feel like "Vuk" could have easily been Emma Frost and her trying to recruit Jean into the Hellfire Club. They just couldn't use Emma's name because it would have costed to much money.

This movie was another lifeless movie full of posturing and special effects. I'm kinda sad that Sophie Turner involved herself with these movies but she is an iconic Jean.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Ask Claremont those are his words from X-Men companion but it wasn't just Claremont and Byrne who thought that

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-phoenix-je...-dave-cockrum/
    Thanks for the link. Claremont must have read too much Vampirella or something to think the old costume was frumpy. As for the rest Marvel Girl never seemed to be the weakest of the O5 so I don’t get that either. I would put her above Angel and Beast anytime. Been many years since I read the old stuff but I would not think she was much weaker than Iceman either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    it just seems to me that mcu movies flaws get minimized and kinda swept away where as fox and DC movies have their flaws blow out of proportion.
    When you enjoy or love something that's common. Everyone in my family has flaws but if you ask me about them I'll focus on the things I love about them. If you ask me about someone that annoys me then I go the opposite direction.

Most people aren't above giving the Fox movies some credit. They're just not going to gush about it considering their general feeling towards them is disdain. And here on an X-board? The passion runs extra hot.