Page 15 of 207 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Can’t really say Famke wear it better since their outfits are far from identical. Her’s was a red gown instead of a red jacket.
    I meant more the overall visual *character* of Dark Phoenix than the exact outfit.

X3 Famke wore a corseted long coat/duster/battle dress with pants underneath, not a gown.

Incredible Member

The fact that so far this movie reminds us a lot of X3 visually annoys me a lot.
    Doesn't sound good.
    Too bad, I would like their farewell movie to look good, the FOX X-Men had so much potential but, for me, fell flat and confusing in the end.
    And, in my opinion, it's a shame with such a great material, to rush things and not deliver a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    The fact that so far this movie reminds us a lot of X3 visually annoys me a lot.
    Doesn't sound good.
    Too bad, I would like their farewell movie to look good, the FOX X-Men had so much potential but, for me, fell flat and confusing in the end.
    And, in my opinion, it's a shame with such a great material, to rush things and not deliver a good story.
    I 100% agree. From what I've seen in the trailers, I feel like they are remaking X-Men: The Last Stand, arguable the worst X-Men movie, vs adapting the original content for the movie. This is incredibly disappointing. The Dark Phoenix story lines is one of the definitive X-Men stories.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I 100% agree. From what I've seen in the trailers, I feel like they are remaking X-Men: The Last Stand, arguable the worst X-Men movie, vs adapting the original content for the movie. This is incredibly disappointing. The Dark Phoenix story lines is one of the definitive X-Men stories.
    In order for it to be a remake of TLS it would first have to have 10 different storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    In order for it to be a remake of TLS it would first have to have 10 different storylines.
    LOL. Perhaps. But I am not sure why Fox would want to remind us of TLS stand at all. That movie was a disaster. The poster and the trailers all hearken back to that flop. I know Kinberg wrote it and he's at the helm of this latest installment. I fear he's trying to redeem that mess vs. just telling a good story by adapting the original Dark Phoenix story line for the big screen.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Here are some scans showing the original explanation of the Phoenix from the original story (then I will post scans showing the 2nd explanation for the Phoenix given in the final issue of the original story).

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 02-27-2019 at 07:58 PM.

The 2nd explanation was introduced in the final issue of the story. Fans forget that the cosmic force was introduced in the final issue and was a different explanation from the first one given.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

how much for the trailer release?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Here is the character sketch of Jean Grey/Phoenix from Dave Cockrum. His notes reflects Claremont's original idea and the Phoenix is referred to as a schizoid personality within Jean.

Here is a brief bio of Jean Grey/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix from 1981 in Bizarre Adventures #27 which does not mention the "Phoenix Force" at all, seemingly going by the original explanation that the Phoenix was Jean's heightened psychic powers. To be clear, the bio does not refer to the Phoenix Force and uses the first explanation. The Phoenix story right after the bio in Bizarre Adventures #27 does refer to the Uncanny 137 explanation that she had become one with a primal universal force.

It was mostly John Bryne who did not want the Phoenix to be Jean's own power and who wanted it to be a separate force. The editors also wanted to absolve Jean of her crimes as Dark Phoenix. I think this had a strong influence over Claremont and other writers. Yet there are many issues where Claremont wrote the Phoenix as mainly an aspect of Jean Grey's or her daughter, Rachel Summer's powers or as a force that they have an innate connection to.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 02-27-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    LOL. Perhaps. But I am not sure why Fox would want to remind us of TLS stand at all. That movie was a disaster. The poster and the trailers all hearken back to that flop. I know Kinberg wrote it and he's at the helm of this latest installment. I fear he's trying to redeem that mess vs. just telling a good story by adapting the original Dark Phoenix story line for the big screen.
    Because general audiences didn’t really hate the movie like X-fans did. Kinberg mentioned this in an interview and he’s not wrong. The movie made bank and started a meme.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-27-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Anybody saw the clip on Jimmy Fallon?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-27-2019 at 10:01 PM.

BANNED

Wasn't there supposed ti be a trailer today?

The clip:

BANNED

lol if those 30 seconds are it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol if those 30 seconds are it.
    As I said a little earlier it disturbs me that this movie reminds me so much of X3 and this short clip doesn't help at all!
    All these fiery veins on Sophie Turner look much like the black veins on Jansen.
    I'm no psychic but I'm sensing a disaster coming (and I'm not happy with it, I would prefer the FOX swansong to be a good movie, who doesn't want a good movie?).