Page 155 of 207 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I thought it was the worst X-Men film it's not even Schlocky like Origins to enjoy it's just bland. Also while a better Phoenix story than The Last Stand but both were bad Phoenix Stories and The Last Stand IMO is a better over all movie.
    I don’t see how a movie having schlocky production value makes it a better movie.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No. They never show Jean as a full fire-being like those early promos suggested. There is one or two brief firebird images from afar at the end, but nothing like Here Comes Tomorrow or Ultimate X-Men Phoenix.

Yeah. That was apparently in the original cut. Seems like they got rid of it for budget reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I don’t see how a movie having schlocky production value makes it a better movie.
    Take Death Wish the 1st one is a decent movie the 3rd is an over the top schlock and I love it much like Rambo and Rambo 4. Schlock is very entertaining I mentioned in the summer movies thread I'm looking forward to Angel is Down, Hobbs and Shaw, and Child's Play just for their schlock value. What can I say I grew up on Slasher and Cannon Films I love Schlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    You're right that it has no chance to sniff any of the numbers you state. But, in fairness, reshoots are often planned and budgeted in. So their existence wasn't going to be a factor in the way you framed it.
    Often they are planned but in this case not really, In this case, they reshot the third act not come back do a bunch of pickups. So my assessment is pretty fair. The reported budget is 200 million based on the reported budget you would need 600 million to be considered "successful".
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-11-2019 at 04:43 PM.

BANNED

Take Death Wish the 1st one is a decent movie the 3rd is an over the top schlock and I love it much like Rambo and Rambo 4. Schlock is very entertaining I mentioned in the summer movies thread I'm looking forward to Angel is Down, Hobbs and Shaw, and Child's Play just for their schlock value. What can I say I grew up on Slasher and Cannon Films I love Schlock.
    YOU do. Not everyone does. I think the entire Fast and Furious series is just plain stupid and overdone, and the schlock is one of the reasons I hate a lot of horror movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    YOU do. Not everyone does. I think the entire Fast and Furious series is just plain stupid and overdone, and the schlock is one of the reasons I hate a lot of horror movies.
    I dislike F&F movies, but Hobbs and Shaw looks amazing. A lot of it is that Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham have absurd amounts of charisma when they're having fun. It will be 2 hours of brainless comedy and action, and it will be glorious.

By “schlocky” I thought you were referring to how poorly made it was. Such as the terrible CGI and green screen.

By “schlocky” I thought you were referring to how poorly made it was. Such as the terrible CGI and green screen.
    Nah Black Panther has dodgy CGI but isn't Schlocky. Schlock is hard to explain but when there and done right it can be very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Someone quoted a post of mine and said they liked Dark Phoenix so I responded why I didn't and I'm not the only person who found the movie bland a lot of professional reviews said the same thing bland. To me bland and forgettable is the worst thing a film can be even bad is better IMO because it's at least memorable then.

Someone quoted a post of mine and said they liked Dark Phoenix so I responded why I didn't and I'm not the only person who found the movie bland a lot of professional reviews said the same thing bland. To me bland and forgettable is the worst thing a film can be even bad is better IMO because it's at least memorable then.
    I think an offensive movie is the worst thing ever.

Offense is in the eye of the beholder many offensive films become cult films. I mentioned loving Slasher films a genre filled with films some consider Offensive. But this is a bit off topic my point is IMO being bland and forgettable is the worst because it is just that forgettable and I found Dark Phoenix very bland and very forgettable.

Offense is in the eye of the beholder many offensive films become cult films. I mentioned loving Slasher films a genre filled with films some consider Offensive. But this is a bit off topic my point is IMO being bland and forgettable is the worst because it is just that forgettable and I found Dark Phoenix very bland and very forgettable.
    By “offensive” I mean Wickerman remake offensive, which had misogyny subtext.

Apparently Tye said that Skrull were in the movie at one point.

First they were Shi’ar, then Skrulls, then nameless aliens, and finally D’Bari. What a mess this production was.

I think a boring and bland movie is the worst type of movie

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think a boring and bland movie is the worst type of movie
    I am seconding that, Nobody really ever talks about X1 or The Wolverine. X3 and Wolverine origins get just as much attention as Logan and DoFP. It is better to fail spectacularly than just be good enough.