Page 163 of 207 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It had the biggest second week drop in superhero movie history (73%).
    That’s what happens when your movie is mediocre and is released in a very competitive time.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post

15- Storm could have kept Apocalypse's power enhacement, after all. The impressive multiple lightning display is very powerful and never shown by any other *FOX incarnation of Storm before.

16- Storm apart, codenames are almost never mentioned.
    Fixed a slight error in your statement. The fact that a multiple lightening display is supposedly an impressive showing of FoxStorm aka Ice Dispenser is beyond pathetic, somewhere in the realm of atrocious.

As far as the codename situation goes, isn’t it ironic that the only one with a relatively ethnic sounding name unlike the other wonder-bread generic names like Jean, Scott, Hank, Charles, Kurt, Eric, Bobby etc. is only one consistently referred to by her codename, even in casual settings... hmm, excuse me as I go pour myself a piping hot cup of bullshit tea.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wish they had followed Jean's actual history more closely. Yes, the Annie Richardson incident. It is so much better thematically than the movie's bastardized version. In the comics, young Jean's powers activate her TELEPATHY first(unless you think her TK took that frizbee into the street...), as she shares her friend's death. She should have died then and there, but she was able to stop both herself and Annie from passing over, just for a moment, and that alerted the Phoenix Force to her presence. You could have the spark of the Force unite with her even then(which would then explain what Jean did in Apocalypse).

But while the Force did save Jean from joining Annie in death, it was all too much for her anyways, and she's left comatose for a long time. Professor Grey, Jean's loving father, contacts his colleague Professor Xavier, to their home, where Charles is able to bring the young girl back to consciousness(in doing so, erecting some 'scaffolding' to suppress her TELEPATHY, not her memories, until she is older and better able to handle the thoughts of others). Already Jean has risen from the ashes of death, reborn. She remains with her mother and father(and sister), only occasionally working with Charles with her telekinesis until she actually moves to the school around 16 or 17(circa Apocalypse).

The version of her past in the movies(both here and X3) make Xavier out to be this horrible man(and her parents, or at least her father), when in the comics he really did bring her back to life essentially, and the worst thing he did was block her telepathy so she wouldn't go crazy at 11 years old or whatever. Kinberg has now twice botched a gorgeous Claremont backstory, despite it being handed to him on a silver platter(this, and Magneto's Anya story), with egregious, unnecessary changes.
    The changes are inferior. Also personality and relationships they made people not care about Jean from the get go. Other kids were already afraid of her.
    Seems like movies want to screw Charles like the comics did

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    My point is it came off the heels of Apocalypse but ended up being a more successful film.
    Logan has nothing to do with Apocalypse, it isn't a direct sequel to it

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Logan has nothing to do with Apocalypse, it isn't a direct sequel to it
    Accept it was teased at in Apocalypse(Weapon X is the antagonist in Logan) and Wolverine’s appearance in it was a major criticism of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Fixed a slight error in your statement. The fact that a multiple lightening display is supposedly an impressive showing of FoxStorm aka Ice Dispenser is beyond pathetic, somewhere in the realm of atrocious.

As far as the codename situation goes, isn’t it ironic that the only one with a relatively ethnic sounding name unlike the other wonder-bread generic names like Jean, Scott, Hank, Charles, Kurt, Eric, Bobby etc. is only one consistently referred to by her codename, even in casual settings... hmm, excuse me as I go pour myself a piping hot cup of bullshit tea.
    I mean Storm being referred to by her real name plenty of times in the original trilogy.

Accept it was teased at in Apocalypse(Weapon X is the antagonist in Logan) and Wolverine’s appearance in it was a major criticism of the film.
    I watched Logan and still didn't watched apocalypse, they are very separate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Should I take this as a personal offence? Let me know.

I was just noticing that FOX STORM never showed that before. You cannot deny it's an amazing display of power and a very cool scene.
    Calm down, guys.

Someone on the editing team confirmed that this screenrant article is 100% correct about the changes.

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-...-fox-xmen/amp/

Will talk about it more later.
    So Scott and Jean’s relationship was a major part of the film and it was character driven.

Astonishing Member

That’s what happens when your movie is mediocre and is released in a very competitive time.
    A lot of the summer movies have been performing poorly so competition isn't really an excuse. Although DP probably would have made a bit more if it opened on Feb. 14 instead of Battle Alita. It probably would still have lost money although not as much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    A lot of the summer movies have been performing poorly so competition isn't really an excuse. Although DP probably would have made a bit more if it opened on Feb. 14 instead of Battle Alita. It probably would still have lost money although not as much.
    Getting it out BEFORE Captain Marvel may have helped, as well, by keeping its ending from being scooped.

Men in Black International Sony $28,500,000 1
    2 1 The Secret Life of Pets 2 Uni. $23,800,000 -
    3 3 Aladdin (2019) BV $16,712,000
    4 2 Dark Phoenix Fox $9,005,000
    5 5 Rocketman Par. $8,800,000

Barely doing better than Roclet man. total home box office is 51M

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Men in Black International Sony $28,500,000 1
    2 1 The Secret Life of Pets 2 Uni. $23,800,000 -
    3 3 Aladdin (2019) BV $16,712,000
    4 2 Dark Phoenix Fox $9,005,000
    5 5 Rocketman Par. $8,800,000

Barely doing better than Roclet man. total home box office is 51M
    It's doing better overseas. It will still need another $200 million to break even.

A lot of the summer movies have been performing poorly so competition isn't really an excuse.
    You have to take into consideration other factors like weather, holidays, NBA/NHL Finals, Baseball and what else came out.

Here in Dallas the storms took out most of the city. We had Summer school delayed for a week because the power was out at some many schools.
    And in the area where it was the WORST-you had some major theaters gets taken out like Movie Studio Grill and one in a mall.

We just had another one that and is set for a week long of storms-that will keep folks at home.

So a lot of movies are going to be relying on the overseas markets for a time.

So Scott and Jean’s relationship was a major part of the film and it was character driven.
    Yeah, that was fairly clear from the trailers. Hopefully, we at least get some deleted scenes that expand on it. This movie definitely made a bigger effort than most to establish the Cyclops/Jean romance. It made for some of the most dramatic moments. Given how poorly this romance was treated in previous X-Men films, I think it was a solid leap for both characters.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's doing better overseas. It will still need another $200 million to break even.
    I don’t think it’s going to make it there, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    These movies are underperforming because they are cannibalizing each other according to Box Office experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Getting it out BEFORE Captain Marvel may have helped, as well, by keeping its ending from being scooped.
    As I and ClanAskani said the Fox marketing for this was screwed due to people on the marketing team leaving. So the February date would have probably been bad. The best move would have been to move this further than June on a off-season. That would have given Disney’s marketing team more time to properly market it instead of at the last minute.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-16-2019 at 07:17 PM.