Page 166 of 207 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Unfortunately making her decision/the ending ambiguous robbed the movie of the message, and rendered the movie pointless
    Definitely.
    It definitely takes the sacrifice out of the whole story. As well as the forgiveness element

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Short of a personality transplant how do you the character right?

It was the preliminary screenings that altered the ending of the movie. In the original Jean Grey was meant to die staying true to the comics. But the reaction from those fans caused it to be altered to something more ambiguous.

The DPS told over 3 movies with all its campness would probably also failed as the audience knows the way it ends and have seen it before. Additionally, the story isn't that epic to be told over 3 movies.
    Dark Phoenix itself is fine being told in only one movie. What we needed was the buildup. Have Jean already have the Phoenix/an entity/whatever as it seemed from Apocalypse. Do one or two X-Men movies based on other unrelated storylines, but with the Jean/Scott relationship and Jean developing her powers as relevant subplots. Maybe add Lilandra as Xavier's love interest and introduce the Shi'Ar already. Things like this.

I am glad Jean did not die at the end. I always hated that part of the original storyline, anyway. So the ending worked for me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am glad Jean did not die at the end. I always hated that part of the original storyline, anyway. So the ending worked for me.
    but she did die. she was consumed by the Phoenix
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Why do you like that particular story if you don't like how it ends?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but she did die. she was consumed by the Phoenix
    She became the firebird, soaring in space. But not dead in the ground.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

She became the firebird, soaring in space. But not dead in the ground.
    I dont think you can assume that especially knowing how fox loves to twist stories to fit their own narrative.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Like why even tell that story if we don't like the ending. They can tell the the count Nefaria story instead with thunderbird death

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Why do you like that particular story if you don't like how it ends?
    I don't like the DP story. But I loved the DP movie, seeing Jean front and center and shown as powerful for the entire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Like why even tell that story if we don't like the ending. They can tell the the count Nefaria story instead with thunderbird death
    True dat!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont think you can assume that especially knowing how fox loves to twist stories to fit their own narrative.
    But Jean is monologuing at the end, isn't she?...

Y'all wildin' out in here.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The wife and I dive into the X-Men: Dark Phoenix movie! We recap the movie, and talk about the various parts – good and bad – as we recap the movie! Had a lot of fun doing this episode with the wife (since she’s been with me for 20+ years now, and has still loved me despite my massive comic book collection – and she even read The Dark Phoenix saga, way back in the day, among other comics!)

http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/2258

DarkPhoenix_EP.jpg
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    But Jean is monologuing at the end, isn't she?...
    Yup, that’s her talking about her own transcendence that just happened in the film.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Going to be rewatching this today.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Unfortunately making her decision/the ending ambiguous robbed the movie of the message, and rendered the movie pointless
    It seems to me that this movie’s message is that you can control your own destiny. A callback to both X3 and DOFP.

She never actually becomes the Dark Phoenix in this movie. It kinda a red herring the more I think about it.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-20-2019 at 03:36 AM.