Page 167 of 207 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    It seems to me that this movie’s message is that you can control your own destiny. A callback to both X3 and DOFP.

She never actually becomes the Dark Phoenix in this movie. It kinda a red herring the more I think about it.
    Then why call it Dark Phoenix!? It would be like Superior Spider Man, but Otto never becomes Spider Man just himself with robot spider limbs.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Then why call it Dark Phoenix!? It would be like Superior Spider Man, but Otto never becomes Spider Man just himself with robot spider limbs.
    Because like I said it’s a red herring. Even the trailers misdirect the viewer into thinking that Jean is trying to kill the X-Men and is attacking the train(when in reality she is saving them). I think I remember Kinberg saying months ago that the X3 parallels are intentional or something. You think she is going down the villain path again but Jean instead shapes her own destiny.

The worse thing Jean does is kill Mystique but it’s presented an accident rather than something she did on purpose.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-20-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Because like I said it’s a red herring. Even the trailers misdirect the viewer into thinking that Jean is trying to kill X-Men and is attacking the train(when in reality she is saving them). I think I remember Kinberg saying months ago that the X3 parallel are intentional or something. You think she is going down the villain path again but Jean instead shapes her own destiny.

The worse thing Jean does is kill Mystique but it’s presented an accident rather than something she did on purpose.
    This makes me hate the movie even more this thing was called Dark Phoenix simply to leech of that name.

BANNED

She deserved a medal for that. Finally making J-Law and this wretched version of Mystique go away. I literally clapped and cheered in the theater when it happened. No one else was in there (literally, it was only me).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    But Jean is monologuing at the end, isn't she?...
    Yes. She became the Firebird.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Like why even tell that story if we don't like the ending. They can tell the the count Nefaria story instead with thunderbird death
    You can like most parts of an story, even if you don't like how it ends. Not to mention that these films always have big changes from the original version (if MCU adapts Dark Phoenix Saga sometime, they would change things too).

Also, Fox didn't know audience wouldn't like the original end of Dark Phoenix film (where Jean clearly died) until it was made.

That said, I don't think the ending is the reason why this film has poor reception.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-20-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This makes me hate the movie even more this thing was called Dark Phoenix simply to leech of that name.
    Fox pulled off their own Mandarin twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

That said, I don't think the ending is the reason why this film has poor reception.
    The common reasons:

1) Rushed pacing.
    2) Too short.
    3) False advertisement.

Fox pulled off their own Mandarin twist.

The common reasons:

1) Rushed pacing.
    2) Too short.
    3) False advertisement.
    Mandarin wasn't done twice and isn't one of the most iconic comic stories told. This was the 2nd time Kinberg messed this story up the only consolation he'll never make another X-Men movie again.

Mandarin wasn't done twice and isn't one of the most iconic comic stories told. This was the 2nd time Kinberg messed this story up the only consolation he'll never make another X-Men movie again.
    Yep. I hope he will never work on a Marvel movie again.

For X3, Fox didn’t want to tell the Phoenix to be told because it’s too dark. Not to mention Zak Penn was also writer on that.

I don’t see the problem with this film, honestly. Many people here complained about how they were skipping to Jean’s downfall before showing her rise to power. The film played it up like it was about her downfall but subverted that expectation in the end and instead revealed itself to be about Jean’s ascension to godhood. I remember calling this since the movie was announced.

BANNED

For X3, Fox didn’t want to tell the Phoenix to be told because it’s too dark. Not to mention Zak Penn was also writer on that.

I don’t see the problem with this film, honestly. Many people here complained about how they were skipping to Jean’s downfall before showing her rise to power. The film played it up like it was about her downfall but subverted that expectation in the end and instead revealed itself to be about Jean’s ascension to godhood. I remember calling this since the movie was announced.
    A god you say! Wow...so they totally built up why this person would make an awesome god and make us all feel warm and fuzzy right? Like, they've been at it for years with the character?

No? Oh.....

Why does Jean love Scott in this movie? Is there relationship at the point where he would killspoilers:
    Magneto to protect her.
    end of spoilers Unlike the comics we barely know Jean and Scott's relationship.
    Last edited by Maestro 216; 06-20-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    But Jean is monologuing at the end, isn't she?...
    Artistic license?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Artistic license?
    No. Jean became one with the cosmic energy, still alive. She took on the form of the firebird and is travelling in space. The next movie 5 years from now will show the Avengers travelling to an alien planet to look for a mysterious energy they picked up. What tgey find is Jean, in human form.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No. Jean became one with the cosmic energy, still alive. She took on the form of the firebird and is travelling in space. The next movie 5 years from now will show the Avengers travelling to an alien planet to look for a mysterious energy they picked up. What tgey find is Jean, in human form.
    LOL, the MCU will not be acknowledging this stinker.