Page 168 of 207 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Just came back from seeing it a second. For some strange reason, it doesn’t feel nearly as rushed but I still feel that they could have developed the story better. Jumps from a 5/10 to 6/10.

Also, I noticed that Jean’s monologue in the beginning is almost EXACTLY the same as Xavier’s in DOFP.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-20-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No. Jean became one with the cosmic energy, still alive. She took on the form of the firebird and is travelling in space. The next movie 5 years from now will show the Avengers travelling to an alien planet to look for a mysterious energy they picked up. What tgey find is Jean, in human form.
    I really don't think the MCU will use Jean or the Phoenix.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really don't think the MCU will use Jean or the Phoenix.
    Jean will most likely appear in the MCU. As for the phoenix, it will probably still be used. I can see Marvel ignoring the Dark Phoenix saga but instead using it to create tension for an AvX film. Instead of Hope, Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post

Also, I noticed that Jean’s monologue in the beginning is EXACTLY the same as Xavier’s in DOFP.

Well, that's disappointing. I guess they were trying to come full circle the best they could.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Not sure if Phoenix will be the trigger for AVX
    It could be something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Not sure if Phoenix will be the trigger for AVX
    It could be something else.
    If it's as hackneyed and railroaded as the AvX comics they could use ANY excuse to force the event along its rails.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Jean will most likely appear in the MCU. As for the phoenix, it will probably still be used. I can see Marvel ignoring the Dark Phoenix saga but instead using it to create tension for an AvX film. Instead of Hope, Jean.
    That would be an improvement over the original story and a cool way to use Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post

Well, that's disappointing. I guess they were trying to come full circle the best they could.
    Yeah, she asked “can we evolve fast to change ourselves and change our fate?”. Seems like the idea of the movie is that with the help of Xavier Jean was able to evolve and avoid the fate she had in the original timeline(hence the X3 parallels).

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    A god you say! Wow...so they totally built up why this person would make an awesome god and make us all feel warm and fuzzy right? Like, they've been at it for years with the character?

No? Oh.....
    The idea is that Jean is able to control power instead of letting it control her like in the original timeline.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-20-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Incredible self control there from all of them there, not punching Corden once.

BANNED

More observations:

1- Jean/Phoenix did NOT kill any cop/policeman... indeed, TV stated that.
    In truth, Jean/Phoenix did not kill anyone outside the X-Men and did not destroy any major structure or building. The MCU train doesn't count.

2- Xavier knew about the Endeavour Shuttle before it would even happen. In fact, he was arguing about the X-Jet with Beast long time before the President of the USA would call him. How? Well, Xavier has still access to the memories he absorbed from Old Timeline Wolverine in 1973.
    I'm surprised that nobody has noticed this.

BANNED

Why would the train not count? Because she was being heroic at the time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Cuz it doesn't fit his narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Cuz it doesn't fit his narrative.
    Because no one actually died except evil aliens.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Jean killing aliens was not her being "able to evolve and avoid the fate she had in the original timeline." If killing those that stand in her opposition is an example of Jean using the Force to do good, what is like when she uses it do evil? (she started the movie killing those that opposed her, and ended it the same way. A neutral stance. Not a sacrifice, not a choice imo.)

I'm confused. I think the movie wants me to think Jean's destiny was to be consumed by her thirst for power, and that she overcame it in the end. When for all I know, she was consumed by the force, because she killed a bunch of folks and flew away?

In the end the movie did not make a statement enough for conclusions to be made, and no one will probably ever be able agree about what the point it was making was. (Because the lines of good and evil were not clearly defined and Jean doesnt tell us what she's thinking most of the time, she's just confused. )