Page 180 of 207 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wow, this is just sad. The franchice and the actors deserved better than this.

It didn't have to take Dark Phoenix bombing this hard for anyone to realise the franchise was dead long before Dark Phoenix made it to the big screen.Days of Future Past and Logan made that happen alone.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-08-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it is sad but fox had it coming.
    Fox was the one that sacrificed this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Fox was the one that sacrificed this movie.
    Poor New Mutants

I know I'm late to the discussion, but I just saw the film last night, and although I tried to go in with an open mind, I was disappointed, to say the least. I thought the idea was actually a good one, but just poorly, poorly executed. So much of the film made NO sense! It felt rushed, and cobbled together. I've been a fan of these movies, and was sad to see the final chapter land as a dud.

Unlike Endgame, there was no emotional resonance for me. I was relieved when Mystique was killed. Jean's "sacrifice" felt hollow. Even Xavier and Magneto meeting at the end was meh.

The Dazzler cameo was pretty cool, but with all the mutants to choose from, they had to invent the hair guy for one of Magneto's clan?? And I just read the other one was supposed to be Selene??

The army going after Jean for what she did made NO sense.

Magneto and Beast going after Jean to kill her made NO sense.

I'm glad to have closure with this XCU, but I wish it had been handled with more reverence, respect and care.

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    I know I'm late to the discussion, but I just saw the film last night, and although I tried to go in with an open mind, I was disappointed, to say the least. I thought the idea was actually a good one, but just poorly, poorly executed. So much of the film made NO sense! It felt rushed, and cobbled together. I've been a fan of these movies, and was sad to see the final chapter land as a dud.

Unlike Endgame, there was no emotional resonance for me. I was relieved when Mystique was killed. Jean's "sacrifice" felt hollow. Even Xavier and Magneto meeting at the end was meh.

The Dazzler cameo was pretty cool, but with all the mutants to choose from, they had to invent the hair guy for one of Magneto's clan?? And I just read the other one was supposed to be Selene??

The army going after Jean for what she did made NO sense.

Magneto and Beast going after Jean to kill her made NO sense.

I'm glad to have closure with this XCU, but I wish it had been handled with more reverence, respect and care.
    When it comes out on home media give it second chance because the pacing greatly improves.

I don’t think we’re suppose to feel sad about what happened to Jean. It was a moment of triumph and completed her arc that started in X-Men: Apocalypse. She finally gained control over her power by having hope like Xavier in DOFP.

They went after Jean because she killed a national hero and injured cops. I think that was a good enough reason to come after her.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-08-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Poor New Mutants
    They are in Disney’s hands now. But I wish that movie bombed instead of this one. Lol seriously, **** that movie.

When it comes out on home media give it second chance because the pacing greatly improves.

I don’t think we’re suppose to feel sad about what happened to Jean. It was a moment of triumph and completed her arc that started in X-Men: Apocalypse. She finally gained control over her power by having hope like Xavier in DOFP.

They went after Jean because she killed a national hero and injured cops. I think that was a good enough reason to come after her.
    How do you know the pacing improves on the home video? Did I miss something, or are you assuming they will include extra scenes?

Where is the triumph in Jean? This movies wasn't about her; it was about what people did to her. Having her be manipulated at ever turn negated her culpability for her actions and neutered any emotional impact. Also, she didn't gain control over her abilities. She was taken over by some alien force and eventually came into one with that. Her entire arch, and thus the movie lacked emotional connection.

I am going to ignore the fact that Mystique shouldn't be a national hero. She tried to kill the president in Days of Future Past for Pete's sake! Much like Magneto, (who wouldn't have been given a 3rd rate Genosha), she should be in jail for treason. That said, I understand why the army went after her. I can even get on board with Magneto's paper thin reasoning reasoning for wanting Jean dead. However Beast's reasoning is absolutely terrible. He KNEW Jean. For him to flip a switch and turn on her for what was clearly an accident was not believable. if anything, he should have gone after Xavier for stopping him. That would have made more sense.

Would this film had worked if there was no buyout?

Fox would have messed it up on their own anyways. A Private War and Boy Erased might have been less fearsome competition than ASLoP2, though, if it was released back in its original Nov. 2, 2018 date.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    It didn't have to take Dark Phoenix bombing this hard for anyone to realise the franchise was dead long before Dark Phoenix made it to the big screen.Days of Future Past and Logan made that happen alone.
    I tink that everyone tha tlooked apocalypse numbers saw that the franchise was dead

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    How do you know the pacing improves on the home video? Did I miss something, or are you assuming they will include extra scenes?

Where is the triumph in Jean? This movies wasn't about her; it was about what people did to her. Having her be manipulated at ever turn negated her culpability for her actions and neutered any emotional impact. Also, she didn't gain control over her abilities. She was taken over by some alien force and eventually came into one with that. Her entire arch, and thus the movie lacked emotional connection.

I am going to ignore the fact that Mystique shouldn't be a national hero. She tried to kill the president in Days of Future Past for Pete's sake! Much like Magneto, (who wouldn't have been given a 3rd rate Genosha), she should be in jail for treason. That said, I understand why the army went after her. I can even get on board with Magneto's paper thin reasoning reasoning for wanting Jean dead. However Beast's reasoning is absolutely terrible. He KNEW Jean. For him to flip a switch and turn on her for what was clearly an accident was not believable. if anything, he should have gone after Xavier for stopping him. That would have made more sense.
    I mean the pacing improves on a second viewing. I saw it twice in the theater. I know other people that feel the same.

The triumph was that Jean’s vision of the future in Apocalypse didn’t happen because she took control of her destiny. Remember, the scene from Apocalypse where Jean destroys the world because she can’t control her power?

Jean in this movie becomes one with a force that destroys worlds but she didn’t destroy earth like in the vision because managed to take control of that force instead of letting it control her like it had been doing for most of the film. Even the movie ends with Jean saying she took control of her destiny.

Jean Grey: I know who I am now. I am not simply what others want me to be. I am not destined to a fate I can’t control. I evolved beyond this world. This is not the end of me, or the X-Men. It’s a new beginning.

Mystique didn’t try to kill the president, she was trying to kill Trask who was a traitor to the US. I’m not disagreeing with you on your other points though. Judging from the trailer they cut out scenes that made Magneto and Beast seem a bit more reasonable.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-08-2019 at 11:04 AM.

From what I’ve heard Fox’s plan to sell the studio is the reason why the two-parter was canned.

I mean the pacing improves on a second viewing. I saw it twice in the theater. I know other people that feel the same.

The triumph was that Jean’s vision of the future in Apocalypse didn’t happen because she took control of her destiny. Remember, the scene from Apocalypse where Jean destroys the world because she can’t control her power?

Jean in this movie becomes one with a force that destroys worlds but she didn’t destroy earth like in the vision because managed to take control of that force instead of letting it control her like it had been doing for most of the film. Even the movie ends with Jean saying she took control of her destiny.

Mystique didn’t try to kill the president, she was trying to kill Trask who was a traitor to the US. I’m not disagreeing with you on your other points though. Judging from the trailer they cut out scenes that made Magneto and Beast seem a bit more reasonable.
    Thanks for clarifying the point about the pacing. I am not willing to sit through this movie again, though.

I barely remember the movie X-Men Apocalypse, let alone one scene with Jean. I know they condensed 2 movies into one to make X-Men Dark Phoenix and it seems like they were pressed for time, but a flashback would have really been useful to tie this point together, especially if it's critical plot point to the movie. Asking viewers to remember a scene from a forgettable movie released 3 years prior is asking too much.

Ah, you're right; Mystique did try to kill Trask. While he was a bad guy in the movie, she' was still an attempted murder. I'm still struggling with the whole concept of Mystique as a national hero and leader of the X-Men.

Was there an explanation of why Jean went fire-bird at the end of Apocalypse if the force is a separate entity?

Was there an explanation of why Jean went fire-bird at the end of Apocalypse if the force is a separate entity?
    No there is not.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Thanks for clarifying the point about the pacing. I am not willing to sit through this movie again, though.

I barely remember the movie X-Men Apocalypse, let alone one scene with Jean. I know they condensed 2 movies into one to make X-Men Dark Phoenix and it seems like they were pressed for time, but a flashback would have really been useful to tie this point together, especially if it's critical plot point to the movie. Asking viewers to remember a scene from a forgettable movie released 3 years prior is asking too much.

Ah, you're right; Mystique did try to kill Trask. While he was a bad guy in the movie, she' was still an attempted murder. I'm still struggling with the whole concept of Mystique as a national hero and leader of the X-Men.

Yeah, I was just reading the Screen Rant review of Dark Phoenix and the author even pointed out that one of the film’s problems is that it relies too much on the franchise’s legacy. The movie does it a lot. Xavier’s reasoning for messing with Jean’s mind actually ties into his experience in DOFP.

Read this about the Phoenix thing.

https://old.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...pocalypsehear/