Page 181 of 207 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No there is not.
    I didn't remember one, but I rolled my eyes so many times in this movie it's possible I missed it. LOL.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Honestly, the “force” didn’t even look like a Phoenix.

Did anybody notice that the ending of the complete opposite of the source material?

-Jean doesn’t become evil after people try to manipulate her.
    -Jean avoids destroying a planet.
    -Jean’s emotions make her strong instead of going mad.
    -Jean takes control of the power inside her instead of it controlling her.
    -Jean lives.

Yeah, and unlike Claremont's:

-no one likes this

-it is a commercial failure

-no other movies will ever reference this story
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Honestly, the “force” didn’t even look like a Phoenix.
    Rodan from Godzilla: King of the Monsters was a better Phoenix than this fraternal twin of the Tim Story's FF Galactus.

Yeah, and unlike Claremont's:

-no one likes this

-it is a commercial failure

-no other movies will ever reference this story

Hey, I like it!

I think more people would have liked too if it wasn’t titled Dark Phoenix and it’s selling point wasn’t Jean being a villain. Misleading marketing hurts a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I tink that everyone tha tlooked apocalypse numbers saw that the franchise was dead
    Days of Future Past killed the franchise as it was meant too. It tied up all the loose ends and brought the prequel and oringal trilogy together, not to mention a terrific film about time travel and dystopianity. It made sense Matthew Vaughn intended for it to be the last film in the prequel trilogy. Anything that came after DOFP felt like a waste. The time jump and timeline got more misplaced. Things further deteriorated when Kinberg became the head runner of the franchise.

Logan was the best send off you could ask for Hugh Jackman. There was no where for the franchise to go again but get a reboot in about 8-10 years. Deadpool came at the perfect time to make sure Fox still kept making X-Men movies. After Deadpool had ran its course, the series would have been rebooted. Arguments is been raised that it was the Disney deal that killed Dark Phoenix but it wasn't. If Disney had not bought Fox, the outcome of Dark Phoenix would still be the same as it is now.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-08-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Rodan from Godzilla: King of the Monsters was a better Phoenix than this fraternal twin of the Tim Story's FF Galactus.
    Was originally just a “primal force” that resembled a solar flare before all the retcons years after Dark Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Days of Future Past killed the franchise as it was meant too. It tied up all the loose ends and brought the prequel and oringal trilogy together, not to mention a terrific film about time travel and dystopianity. It made sense Matthew Vaughn intended for it to be the last film in the prequel trilogy. Anything that came after DOFP felt like a waste. The time jump and timeline got more misplaced. Things further deteriorated when Kinberg became the head runner of the franchise.

Logan was the best send off you could ask for Hugh Jackman. There was no where for the franchise to go again but get a reboot in about 8-10 years. Deadpool came at the perfect time to make sure Fox still kept making X-Men movies. After Deadpool had ran it course, the series would have been rebooted. Arguments is been raised that it was the Disney deal that killed Dark Phoenix but it wasn't. If Disney had not bought Fox, the outcome of Dark Phoenix would still be the same as it is now.
    Not really. DOFP ended with Mystique still not coming home and implied that Magneto would turn a new leaf and has a kid.

EDIT: The merger was an indirect factor in its failure.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...y-fox-freakout
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Hey, I like it!
    You're a special exception. Claremont's DPS was/is a celebrated masterpiece of the medium and hugely successful in it's time. DP is an embarrassment.

You're a special exception. Claremont's DPS was/is a celebrated masterpiece of the medium and hugely successful in it's time. DP is an embarrassment.
    Hey, you like Ang Lee’s Hulk and I like Dark Phoenix.

Yes, Claremont’s DPS is a masterpiece but adapting the plot points of the original ending doesn’t fit in with the ending and theme of Days of Future Past. The theme of that movie is that you can change yourself and change your fate. Jean had already become Dark Phoenix in this series and Xavier made a promise to Wolverine that he would save her from that fate, which the ending of DOFP confirms.

If this movie had Jean become Dark Phoenix with those plot points it would have just been the same fate and went against the theme of DOFP. It’s like if Mystique had actually pulled the trigger on Trask and became a terrorist away. It’s bad storytelling and it would have been called out as such. According to Deadline there was a cut of this movie where Jen had died and test audience did not like that.

Not saying this movie was ideal. I would have preferred Claremont’s idea and go forward with the franchise with Rachel as the Dark Phoenix. It wouldn’t go against the theme of DOFP.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-08-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Ang Lee>>>>>>>>>>(multiplied by 7 billion)Simon Kinberg.

Hulk opened to 62 million in 2003. That's almost twice DP's opening, not even adjusting for inflation.

Please.

Even ignoring personal preference, that movie was more successful than DP.

Ang Lee>>>>>>>>>>(multiplied by 7 billion)Simon Kinberg.

Hulk opened to 62 million in 2003. That's almost twice DP's opening, not even adjusting for inflation.

Please.

Even ignoring personal preference, that movie was more successful than DP.
    My point is a lot of people don’t like that movie but you love it. I have about as much right to enjoy Dark Phoenix as you do with Hulk.

And of course the very first movie of the iconic Hulk character that was released with little competition(as far as I remember) and no marketing issues opened up better.

I said we could ignore personal preference, but the numbers speak for themselves.

But Hulk's fight against the military is better than anything that happened in DP.

Well, I wasn’t arguing which was better.