Page 182 of 207 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Not really. DOFP ended with Mystique still not coming home and implied that Magneto would turn a new leaf and has a kid.

EDIT: There merger was an indirect factor in its failure.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...y-fox-freakout
    I don't buy for a second Simon Kinberg would have made a great X-Men movie as a director and writer. Zack Snyder would have done better.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I don't buy for a second Simon Kinberg would have made a great X-Men movie as a director and writer. Zack Snyder would have done better.
    I don’t either. As already mentioned a few pages ago he’s storytelling relies too much on you having knowledge of previous films.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Lmao you hate to see it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, and unlike Claremont's:

-no one likes this

-it is a commercial failure

-no other movies will ever reference this story
    I loved it.

Oh it the film does one good thing. It killed off the Dark Phoenix saga for good in cinema. We’ll see Phoenix/Jean again.

From what I’ve heard Fox’s plan to sell the studio is the reason why the two-parter was canned.
    I didn't know this was originally going to be a two-parter. I can understand, a little better now, why it felt forced and cobbled together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Days of Future Past killed the franchise as it was meant too. It tied up all the loose ends and brought the prequel and oringal trilogy together, not to mention a terrific film about time travel and dystopianity. It made sense Matthew Vaughn intended for it to be the last film in the prequel trilogy. Anything that came after DOFP felt like a waste. The time jump and timeline got more misplaced. Things further deteriorated when Kinberg became the head runner of the franchise.

Logan was the best send off you could ask for Hugh Jackman. There was no where for the franchise to go again but get a reboot in about 8-10 years. Deadpool came at the perfect time to make sure Fox still kept making X-Men movies. After Deadpool had ran its course, the series would have been rebooted. Arguments is been raised that it was the Disney deal that killed Dark Phoenix but it wasn't. If Disney had not bought Fox, the outcome of Dark Phoenix would still be the same as it is now.
    If Disney has not bought Fox, the box office numbers would have been better. I think some people didnÂ’t bother to go see the movie because it was going to be the last of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    I didn't know this was originally going to be a two-parter. I can understand, a little better now, why it felt forced and cobbled together.
    I had to do more with the fact of lack of building

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Yeah, Fox condensed it into a single one in late pre-production.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I had to do more with the fact of lack of building
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    It doesn't need to be a two part movie, they just introduced Jean on apocalypse. 2 movies wouldn't solve the problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It doesn't need to be a two part movie, they just introduced Jean on apocalypse. 2 movies wouldn't solve the problem at all
    Jean’s arc in this movie is literally the same as young Xavier/Mystique’s in DOFP, who had only appeared in First Class.

While the movie may have been marketed as Jean becoming evil like in the original Dark Phoenix, that is ultimately not the story they were telling.

I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home the other day and I honestly thought Dark Phoenix was a better movie. Neither of them were great movies, but I thought FFH was just bad.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home the other day and I honestly thought Dark Phoenix was a better movie. Neither of them were great movies, but I thought FFH was just bad.
    I'm not a huge fan of Spider-Man, but I thought FFH was a solid movie. The plot twist was exciting, even knowing some stuff about the characters from the comics/cartoons. In terms of visual storytelling alone, it eclipses DP by an order of magnitude(the Mysterio stuff was incredible). In terms of story/character/heart, again much better(Peter and MJ's relationship was a lot more fun and interesting than Scott and Jean in DP). I would say the first act or so was a little weak for me, and I definitely have issues with the exact use of technology in these new Spider-Man films(as it relates to the real world), but overall it was a solid film and much better than DP, but as an X-Fan I will always be more critical of the franchise compared to others.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Spider-Man, but I thought FFH was a solid movie. The plot twist was exciting, even knowing some stuff about the characters from the comics/cartoons. In terms of visual storytelling alone, it eclipses DP by an order of magnitude(the Mysterio stuff was incredible). In terms of story/character/heart, again much better(Peter and MJ's relationship was a lot more fun and interesting than Scott and Jean in DP). I would say the first act or so was a little weak for me, and I definitely have issues with the exact use of technology in these new Spider-Man films(as it relates to the real world), but overall it was a solid film and much better than DP, but as an X-Fan I will always be more critical of the franchise compared to others.
    Most of the stuff you listed is subjective so as with any form of entertainment it's all personal preference. I thought the MJ/Peter storyline dragged, and the inclusion of Brad was pointless. With out any spoilers a lot of characters had to make a lot of dumb decisions to get from point A to point B. The humor in this one fell flat for me, especially at the beginning with the bell t,hat made me cringe. Ned and Betty however were charming, adorable and funny. The twist wasn't a twist at all, but I'll chalk that up to me knowing because I read comics, I was impressed with how far back they went in to the MCU history to add it all up. I thought way too much time was given to the teachers, all of their jokes fell flat for me, except for the first time the JB Smoove talks about witches, that made me lol. Maybe it's because I like Homecoming so much and Endgame was so good that I expected more, but it didn't deliver for me.

DP wasn't an amazing film but I liked Scott and Jean in it, I felt it was the best portrayal of their relationship since X2. The train scene was impressive, especially Nightcrawler. The scene's weren't as spectacular as FFH, but I found them more entertaining and less formulaic (a problem I find often with the MCU). Jessica Chastain was a bit flat in her performance but her character was creepy. I'm not trying to make an argument that DP was a great or even good movie I suppose, I just know that I wasn't ever bored during the movie like I was in FFH. If I was giving grades out I'd give DP a C and FFH a D+, really not much separating them, but one was slightly better.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I was bored in DP the entire movie. Spider-Man started off kinda boring, and I'm right there with you on that bell scene, but the Mysterio stuff was incredible. That was definitely not boring. To each their own, but I thought FFH was slightly better than Homecoming. Endgame was a whole other echelon; even if I did have some issues with it(and liked Infinity War more as a singular movie), and there was definitely some funky jumps in logic to line that plot up, it still was an epic, largely satisfying conclusion to a grand arc, something DP and the Fox-Men films just can't compete with. If we're giving grades:

Avatar the Last Airbender gets an F
    DP gets a D
    FFH gets a B-
    Homecoming gets a C+
    Endgame gets a B+
    Infinity War gets an A-(if that had been Adam Warlock instead of Red Skull and they had worked in Hela as Lady Death, it'd get an easy A)
    Winter Soldier gets a A
    Aquaman gets an A+
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-09-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

after and before