Page 185 of 207 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    the hoops he jumps through to show he planned this movie all along lol

what's next? will he do an interview today about how he only wrote Last Stand so this year's movie had something to contrast?
    I think I remember him saying that he wanted another shot back in 2014.

I know you think we owe this movie something but i'm sorry, the Viewer has spoken, the movie didnt give the majority what they expected. I don't owe anyone anything.
    That’s exactly what I have been saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Speaking of which, that was some serious misleading marketing since the movie was never made to be a finale and it hurt the film. I’ve read many reviews judge it as finale and say how it doesn’t work on that level. They seem to be unaware this was basically finished filming two summers ago.

Oh, and having Jean being the villain as your selling point when she isn’t also backed fired.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-10-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Here it is.

“Bryan and I talked a lot about what we were going to honour, and what we were going to nullify from the original movies. Something I felt strongly about was making sure Jean Grey and Cyclops are alive at the end of the movie, perhaps out of personal guilt for having worked on X3. There are many things in X3 I am proud of, and there are many things I would do differently if I could go back in time and talk to my younger self. I was disappointed for personal reasons – and as a fan – with the way Scott was killed, and the personification of Dark Phoenix. I felt like seeing them at the end of the film would be very satisfying.”
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...ets-explained/

Wanting to make a better version of X3 was never a good start for making a Dark Phoenix movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wanting to make a better version of X3 was never a good start for making a Dark Phoenix movie.
    It’s not even a Dark Phoenix movie since Jean isn’t evil, which is the whole point of the story. Why even leave “dark” in the title?

After rewatching Days of Future Past I can see why Xavier did what he did. In the movie he said that it was because "a pyschic's mind is fragile and it takes the slightest tip to send it in the wrong direction" he is referring to his experience in DOFP where his powers were out on control because of the emotional pain he felt. I can understand why he wanted to shield Jean from the pain.

Was he right or wrong?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-12-2019 at 10:54 AM.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital HD Special Features:
    0comments

Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker:
    Edwards Air Force Base
    Charles Returns Home
    Mission Prep
    Beast MIA
    Charles Says Goodbye
    Rise of the Phoenix: The Making of Dark Phoenix (5-Part Documentary)
    Scene Breakdown: The 5th Avenue Sequence (Available on Digital only)
    How to Fly Your Jet to Space with Beast
    Audio Commentary by Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07...-release-date/

Looking forward to the BluRay.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder if the deleted scenes are part of the movie or just collected by themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder if the deleted scenes are part of the movie or just collected by themselves?
    Probably just collected by themselves like we get with the first X-Men movie. It's already well-documented that a lot got cut. If we do get an extended cut at some point, it probably won't be at first. The Rogue Cut didn't come out alongside the theatrical cut with DOFP. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Probably just collected by themselves like we get with the first X-Men movie. It's already well-documented that a lot got cut. If we do get an extended cut at some point, it probably won't be at first. The Rogue Cut didn't come out alongside the theatrical cut with DOFP. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Thanks. I do want to own a copy but I really would want the deleted scenes to be incorporated into the movie. For example, I enjoyed the Rogue cut so much more with only 14 additional minutes. The entire movie seemed....more well-rounded to me. But you are right--we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I see that they realized that removing X-Men from the title was a bad idea.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Really excited to see the movie again. Did they give a date for the home release or no?

Also, I was really hoping for some kinda director's cut, but I'll settle for loads of cut scenes if that isn't possible. I'm holding out hope because, as others have pointed out, The Rogue Cut of DoFP came out after the theatrical cut did.

And as I've said previously, if Green Lantern can get an extended cut, why can't this?

EDIT: I see that the release date is in September. Why they put the date in the video details and not in the actual video is beyond me.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 07-17-2019 at 07:18 AM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."