Page 187 of 207 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    other new conceptual art
    Love the look and the expression in this. Very intense.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Soooooooooooooooooooo ........
    I just finished watching Dark Phoenix..
    And uhhhhhhhhh
    What.The. Actual. F^ck?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooooooooooooooooooo ........
    I just finished watching Dark Phoenix..
    And uhhhhhhhhh
    What.The. Actual. F^ck?
    Curious to know what exactly your thoughts are.

Conceptual art Final original film Houstonsharp Part 1 of 3

Dark Phoenix's original ending would see Jean, now able to control her powers, blast off into space to face off against the alien armada threatening Earth. The armada would swarm and overpower her, forcing her into her most powerful form: the Phoenix. This was my concept for that moment.

Last edited by juan678; 07-20-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think so it wouldn't be a title that feels hollow.
    I do think wouldn’t resulted in confirmation bias. This guy writes for ScreenJunkie’s honest trailers.

Did he not see Dan and Roth’s review of the movie saying that Jean doesn’t turn to the dark side? Definitely, two movie one screen effect happening.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-21-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That is beautiful. So fiery and cosmic, just as the Phoenix should be.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I do think wouldn’t resulted in confirmation bias. This guy writes for ScreenJunkie’s honest trailers.

Did he not see Dan and Roth’s review of the movie saying that Jean doesn’t turn to the dark side? Definitely, two movie one screen effect happening.
    I agree. I don't know what movie this guy saw, but Dark Phoenix was a very concise, very tight movie in terms of plot. It clearly established how many people care about Jean. It also established how she became Phoenix, why she went dark, and how she came back from it. I don't understand how this guy could miss that? Yes, the tight structure of the movie made it move fast in some areas, but there is a clear A to B to C progression. It wasn't as long or drawn out as Endgame or Days of Future Past, but it still worked.

Part 1

Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree. I don't know what movie this guy saw, but Dark Phoenix was a very concise, very tight movie in terms of plot. It clearly established how many people care about Jean. It also established how she became Phoenix, why she went dark, and how she came back from it. I don't understand how this guy could miss that? Yes, the tight structure of the movie made it move fast in some areas, but there is a clear A to B to C progression. It wasn't as long or drawn out as Endgame or Days of Future Past, but it still worked.
    Yeah, especially when you consider that the previous two films set-up characters to care about her. Xavier making a promise to Wolverine to lead and guard Jean in DOFP, Apocalypse showed that he was trying to live up to that promise, and Dark Phoenix is ultimately about him fulfilling that promise.

As to how that guy missed that: confirmation bias.

People have been spending the last two years believing this movie was about Jean’s downfall and that they are rushing to make Jean a tragic victim. That’s why a lot don’t realize that it is about Jean’s rise, even Kinberg admitted it.

Another fresh update in Dark Phoenix that lends to Jean's agency is the absence of Wolverine, the only one who managed to kill Jean in The Last Stand. Kinberg claims that it was a blessing in disguise that Hugh Jackman's character could not possibly be a part of Dark Phoenix after what transpired in Days of Future Past and Logan. "I didn't want a man to be the end of Jean's story. We finally have a female protagonist and this movie is about empowered women. I didn't want a man to be the person to make the final decision for her. I wanted her to make that decision. I didn't want Scott or Charles or Erik or someone else is in control of Jean's destiny. I wanted her to be in control of her own destiny," says Kinberg.
    https://www.firstpost.com/entertainm...t-6752851.html
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-22-2019 at 04:19 PM.