Page 190 of 207 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Right, the move to February was due to the reshoots.

Probably because shape shifters would allow them to not use much make-up. I heard the studio cut the budget at the last minute.
    I think you need to fully see the main source of the problems of dark phoenix. there is nothing that would have saved this movie. if anything, Kinberg is lucky that he can put the blame on disney buying fox and reshoots, if those ''excuses'' were not there. He would never work in Hollywood again.

Snyder is now a netflix guy, No studio ever wants to give him 300m to make another movie again.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I will give you credit; you are more reasonable than the other Fox-Men diehards.
    I was never into that whole MCU hate nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I think you need to fully see the main source of the problems of dark phoenix. there is nothing that would have saved this movie. if anything, Kinberg is lucky that he can put the blame on disney buying fox and reshoots, if those ''excuses'' were not there. He would never work in Hollywood again.

Snyder is now a netflix guy, No studio ever wants to give him 300m to make another movie again.
    Actually, Kinberg put the blame on himself.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...rw-1202633235/

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why Mystique and Beast go out in their blue forms in public but turn normal looking in their home?

That makes no sense.
    Mystique doesn't make any sense... unless she's trying to look 'normal' around the kids and not freak them out... but that also goes against her entire character arc, so I'm going with the 'Don't want to be in makeup all day' answer.

Beast however?? It's definitely worth noting that blue furred super beast is NOT his mutation. He was working on a cure or something and it went wrong and MADE him look like that. 'Normal' Hank McCoy IS standard Hank and how he sees himself.. that would be 'normal' to him. There must be a tactical advantage to the blue version like the claws or maybe extra strength that he'll take that step if the situation calls for it... but on HIS time, he'd rather be 'normal' Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    Honestly if this movie wasn't called Dark Phoenix, I think people would've been more accepting of it.
    You’re not alone. I was saying a few pages ago that if it wasn’t marketed Dark Phoenix movie then people will be somewhat singing a different tone since there is technically no Dark Phoenix. Seen a lot of reviews misread the movie because of their preconceived notions of what it was about.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-25-2019 at 07:20 PM.

X-Men Dark Phoenix Film Comic oficial

https://twitter.com/XMenFilms/status...61385190592512

Comic part 1

Last edited by juan678; 08-02-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Part 2

Last edited by juan678; 08-02-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Comic part 1

Part 2

Nice! Love the artwork here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Comic part 1

Wow, this looked good.

A rare example of a petition working.

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/0...o-be-released/

X-Men Dark Phoenix Film Comic oficial

https://twitter.com/XMenFilms/status...61385190592512
    Wow, Disney is still putting effort into the marketing despite its failure. Respect to them.

More hints at the two parter plan.

The story of how Jean becomes the Phoenix deserves its own time and space to breathe. All of the more over-the-top stuff wouldn’t have fit—it would have had to be a different movie on a conceptual level for the spectacular stakes to feel right here. If anything, that part of the Phoenix belongs in the second part of a two-film story. The idea of being the most powerful creature in the universe is interesting, but you need a really cosmic style story to explore that.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/dark-phoenix...nis-1836850921

Man I am glad fox x-men movies are over more than ever after reading this interview. They are really afraid of showing the full phoenix.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

The two-parter would have been really nice, but I think the timing of the Disney deal (or at least the announcement of it) put the kibosh on that pretty early. I think Kinberg did well with the limitations the studio seems to have put on him (not great, but not terrible, either), but the two-parter would have been something to see.

I'm still hoping for some kinda extended cut of the movie on home release, but that isn't looking likely.

Oh well, onwards and upwards to the MCU: I just hope they can do the team justice.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    The two-parter would have been really nice, but I think the timing of the Disney deal (or at least the announcement of it) put the kibosh on that pretty early. I think Kinberg did well with the limitations the studio seems to have put on him (not great, but not terrible, either), but the two-parter would have been something to see.

I'm still hoping for some kinda extended cut of the movie on home release, but that isn't looking likely.

Oh well, onwards and upwards to the MCU: I just hope they can do the team justice.
    The two parter was canned in late pre-production according to Deadline Hollywood. This was before Fox had decided who to sell the studio to and Comcast was the top bidder.