Page 204 of 207 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3103

Do you feel that all of the deleted scenes make the movie better? Do you think audiences would have liked the movie better if they had been shown?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Do you feel that all of the deleted scenes make the movie better? Do you think audiences would have liked the movie better if they had been shown?
    Most audience members went to see a summer event superhero movie that would serve as a grand finale to the X-Men series where they would have their greatest battle against their greatest foe. Because that is what the movie was marketed to be. Not a small personal story about the origin of Jean Grey and her struggling with psychological trauma, which it was made to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Oh, I thought you were referring to the Box Office. I’ll look into it.

EDIT: Don’t think that guy has a bias. Other sites were reporting it before that article was made. Says the same thing about DVD sales.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/x-men-...-sales-charts/
    That site doesn't make any emotional claims such as "selling well" or "doing good", and just lists the hard numbers.

And that site still notes that Aladdin sold 92% of Dark Phoenix's Copies in it's 2nd week...which, again, Aladdin overtook Dark Phoenix the next week.

And again, "selling well" can be a relative thing. Are there a certain number of guaranteed sales? Red Box alone has over 42,000 kiosks. If we assume (which is rather safe, but an assumption all the same) 40,000 copies of the movie as an automatic sale, then we look at the fact that Avengers Endgame sold 198,000 and 180,000 in it's third and fourth weeks...the numbers start to become less impressive.*

And lastly...I thought it was obvious, but I'll go ahead and state it plainly..."selling well" in it's first week does not mean it has "sold well" over it's entire period of time being available.

*You're free to help me find some hard numbers. Exact sales figures aren't available for DP, John Wick 3 or Aladdin (at least from here), and I only used Endgame because I knew it'd be an outlier and have outstanding sales.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 10-14-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Most audience members went to see a summer event superhero movie that would serve as a grand finale to the X-Men series where they would have their greatest battle against their greatest foe. Because that is what the movie was marketed to be. Not a small personal story about the origin of Jean Grey and her struggling with psychological trauma, which it was made to be.
    I know. You do not need to defend the movie to me. I saw it 3 times!

The theatres had more people in it than what was being written at the times, but many people did not know what they were about to see. Some thought it was a new horror movie!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-15-2019 at 02:07 AM.

I think most of them did. They added a little more depth to a few scenes and I think they would've benefited the movie, overall, if they had been included. That said, I can understand why they were cut. The movie still works without them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I know. You do not need to defend the movie to me. I saw it 3 times!

The theatres had more people in it than what was being written at the times, but many people did not know what they were about to see. Some thought it was a new horror movie!
    I’m not really defending it. I’m just saying the audience response still would not have been good.

Me personally, I have liked the additional footage cut from movies as it adds in missing pieces that the director/producer/creative team assume that the audience will "just get" because they themselves get it. I think Jean should have had more flame-look, like what was originally intended, but even that would not have helped with the movie. It lack critical advertising and "presence" when it did debut.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I just want more Dazzler scenes tbh. They scrapped a bit from Halston Sage's performance. Plus the song is DOPE!
    And yeah, sometimes the deleted scenes are way better than the movie on whole especially when they are well curated on the dvd/Blu-ray. Look at the first X-men film, the supplemental material is presented in such a rich narrative way that it's almost more comfortable Monet's as a film experience. I prefer watching all of it to the actual movie tbh.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

damn i keep watching this movie even when it was so hated, lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    I myself have been feeling the need to watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    I know how you feel, my friend.

I keep watching it too and I keep finding new reasons to love it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

in twitter with DarkPhoeniXtendedCut

https://twitter.com/RTKinbergCut/sta...44965132861441

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    in twitter with DarkPhoeniXtendedCut

https://twitter.com/RTKinbergCut/sta...44965132861441
    I'd love to see an extended cut of Dark Phoenix, especially the final space battle scene that was teased. That might be too much to hope for, given how the effects for that probably weren't completed. But we saw with Days of Future Past how some extra content can really add layers to a movie. I think Dark Phoenix would certainly benefit from one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'd love to see an extended cut of Dark Phoenix, especially the final space battle scene that was teased. That might be too much to hope for, given how the effects for that probably weren't completed. But we saw with Days of Future Past how some extra content can really add layers to a movie. I think Dark Phoenix would certainly benefit from one as well.
    Me too!

I have been getting the feeling of needing to see this movie again. Seeing extended scenes would be great!