Page 25 of 207 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    He was a Executive Producer not Show Runner as was Stan Lee and like Lee Feige was either Executive Producer, Producer, or Co-Producer on almost every Marvel film since X-Men 2000 including most of the Non MCU films you think they're all his visions for those characters?
    It was only an honorary title for Stan Lee though, said so himself. I doubt that was the case with Feige since he’s not credited on everything Marvel-related.

But it seems that Feige liked that show since he hired the writers and developer to work on the Thor trilogy.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-28-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    It was only an honorary title for Stan Lee though, said so himself. I doubt that was the case with Feige since he’s not credited on everything Marvel-related.

But it seems that Feige liked that show since hired the writers and developer to work on the Thor trilogy.
    ,Kyle wrote on Thor Ragnarok and Yost Dark World and Ragnarok and that's it for their MCU film credits a grand total of 2 films between them. Feige has constantly embraced the Cosmic side of Marvel their next big project is Eternals so yeah him being an executive producer on an animated series while he was busy also developing MCU Phase One does not indicate the direction he'd take Phoenix IMO especially one that eliminated the cosmic elements.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    ,Kyle wrote on Thor Ragnarok and Yost Dark World and Ragnarok and that's it for their MCU film credits a grand total of 2 films between them. Feige has constantly embraced the Cosmic side of Marvel their next big project is Eternals so yeah him being an executive producer on an animated series while he was busy also developing MCU Phase One does not indicate the direction he'd take Phoenix IMO especially one that eliminated the cosmic elements.
    I thought Kyle wrote for the first two films but he was only producer.

It didn’t really eliminate the cosmic side. The Phoenix was still an cosmic entity in that show.

BANNED

Fantastic trailer. Pretty solid acting from everyone involved, including Jean/Phoenix, Scott and Storm.

Great special effects, the Magneto gun sequence was beautiful.

This movie is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I thought Kyle wrote for the first two films but he was only producer.

It didn’t really eliminate the cosmic side. The Phoenix was still an cosmic entity in that show.
    If you never leave Earth you're story isn't cosmic it'd be like saying X-Files was cosmic.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i liked where she looks like a hero on the new trailer
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Liked what I saw. Really hope that there is some chance that this cast ends up in the MCU. Some of them are just too good to be recast. Also, would agree Lady Mastermind is the likeliest contender for who Chastain is playing.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 02-28-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Definitely the best Lawrence's Mystique has looked. The charcter has never looked good, even under Romijn. Her design and hair was atrocious since the first film

I guess we'll disagree I think Romijns Mystique is the best "weird looking" Xman adapted for live action
    I didn't even mind the naked aspect, cause when you think about it if you're constantly having to change shapes on the fly why would you want to wear clothing that limits your maneuverability
    they gave me stirring that a gay boy just should not have

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is Lawrence going into the makeup trailer and saying "You have 20 minutes and that is all the longer I am going to sit here" look. She hated the makeup in the previous movies and that is why she looks so different in this movie because she was not going to sit there and go through a long makeup process again.
    Yeah I read that awhile ago...but with 265nmillion dollars spent thats the best they came up with? lol. when she was cast as a blue person how did she think they're going to make that happen maybe JLaw didn't realize till too late 'Blue' didn't describe Mystique's emotional state lol

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I guess we'll disagree I think Romijns Mystique is the best "weird looking" Xman adapted for live action
    I didn't even mind the naked aspect, cause when you think about it if you're constantly having to change shapes on the fly why would you want to wear clothing that limits your maneuverability
    they gave me stirring that a gay boy just should not have

Yeah I read that awhile ago...but with 265nmillion dollars spent thats the best they came up with? lol. when she was cast as a blue person how did she think they're going to make that happen maybe JLaw didn't realize till too late 'Blue' didn't describe Mystique's emotional state lol
    I was thinking the same. Surely she knew makeup would be involved. She shouldn't be acting like a Diva about it now. lol If she knew she was playing the reptilian character Roms played, then she's even more clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Liked what I saw. Really hope that there is some chance that this cast ends up in the MCU. Some of them are just too good to be recast. Also, would agree Lady Mastermind is the likeliest contender for who Chastain is playing.
    Nah a mere telepath can't be this power to deflect bullets. Has to be some alien if not one from this event in the comics some other alien being.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Nah a mere telepath can't be this power to deflect bullets. Has to be some alien if not one from this event in the comics some other alien being.
    Yes from what Chastain said on the JF show last night, she’s definitely an alien who travels from place to place looking for powerful beings and probably how to exploit their power for her own benefit. Could be a take on Cassandra Nova with bits of Mastermind and his plot thrown in to make an original character.

I'm probably going to enjoy this a lot more now knowing that the MCU X-Men are right around the corner (sort of...), yeah I'm not a big fan of Fox-men. That said I've enjoyed the trailer, despite the X3 similarities, the international trailer is better imo, I suggest watching it.

The part with Mystique was a bit cringey, but the one with Magneto shooting the guns was so dope. I think Mystique is out in the first minutes of the movie, which is good, she shouldn't have been in this movie nor in the previous one, I felt her arc ended in the DoFP, I also suspect Peter might die too, and Magneto will found out after the fact that he was his son and go out for revenge. Does anyone knows who Jessica's character is, is it Cassandra Nova maybe? Also Jean displayed some Phoenix powers at the end of Apocalypse, which confuses me, because the trailer gave me the impression she got the powers in space. Something I think would be cool is if they adapt the original ending Claremont had for DPS, that where Jean's got separated from the entity and lives with Scott happily ever after

I think the downside of this will be that we probably won't see Phoenix in the MCU, after two films about it, Marvel Studios probably wouldn't want to repeat it, like with Spider-Man and Uncle Ben dying, which is shame